Marvel Comics’ four-issue miniseries Star Wars: Shattered Empire has come to an end, and it doesn’t really tell us much about Star Wars: The Force Awakens. But it does end with some questions which I wanted to dive into. For instance: what does that tree at the end of the story mean for The Force Awakens and the future of the Star Wars galaxy? What does the comic book series suggest about Oscar Isaac‘s character Poe Dameron? Letls try to unlock the mysteries of that Shattered Empire tree and figure out what it might all mean.
Read More »
“Boba Fett is both simultaneously alive and dead in the Sarlaac Pit until a story pulls him out.”
That’s Pablo Hidalgo, one of the members of the Lucasfilm Story Group, trying to explain how and why their team makes story choices. The Story Group is a new group of Lucasfilm employees, headed up by Kiri Hart and created by President Kathleen Kennedy, whose job is to make sure every single Star Wars movie, TV show, book, comic book and video game tell one, big Star Wars story. At Star Wars Celebration Hidalgo and fellow Story Group member Leland Chee sat on a panel called One Big Story, along side editors from Del Ray Books, DK Publishing, Disney Publishing and Marvel Comics, to talk to fans about this new initiative to make sure all Star Wars stories tell the same story.
Unfortunately, there were no definitive big answers given about fan questions such as Boba Fett’s fate or The Old Republic, but there was lots of teasing and insight. Plus there was discussion on the overall plan the Story Group has, how they interact with creative people, their willingness to explore new things in the Star Wars Universe, the Expanded Universe and the potential length of this plan. Read all about the operations of the Lucasfilm Story Group below. Read More »
Today in Star Wars Bits, we take a look at:
- Lucasfilm Story Group’s Pablo Hidalgo clarifies his Comic Con “no flashbacks” comment.
- Were all the recent Episode 7 rumors fake and actually passed off from the Dark Horse comic book series Star Wars: Legacy?
- Star Wars spin-off director Gareth Edwards accepts the Ice Bucket Challenge in the LucasFilm Yoda fountain.
- Harrison Ford more active after leg injury
- Read the rumored plot synopsis for Christie Golden‘s upcoming Star Wars novel featuring Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos
- The special features included in the Star Wars Rebels: Spark Of Rebellion DVD/Blu-ray
- The trailer and release of the Star Wars: Commander iOS game.
- Also: The above three posters were fan created, by AndrewSS7.
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »