It’s Friday and we’re less than a week away from Star Wars: The Force Awakens hitting theaters nationwide. I thought we’d be in Star Wars overkill at this point, but even with a Force Awakens round-up each day on the site I was expecting to be bombarded with much more Force Awakens content the week before JJ Abrams’ Star Wars sequel hits theaters. In today’s edition of Force Awakens Bits, we take a look at the following:
- Take a first look at Greg Grunberg‘s character: X-Wing pilot Snap Wexly
- See Four new international Force Awakens character posters revealed
- Are all Bad Robot office visitors are forced to sign a Star Wars NDA?
- Russell Crowe saw 9 Minutes of The Force Awakens calls it “Spectacular”
- Nearly an hour of John Williams Force Awakens score was discarded, modified or rerecorded
- Alamo Draft House Cinema offers Star Wars-themed meals listed on a Millennium Falcon menu
- How Rick Carter‘s art team effected The Force Awakens scriptwriting process
- For preparation, Oscar Issac was given blueprints of every button that had ever been used on screen in an X-Wing
- Why JJ Abrams And Lawrence Kasdan started from scratch when Michael Arndt left Force Awakens
- And the header photo shows Star Wars: The Force Awakens chief of creature and droid effects Neal Scanlan posing with the creatures from the film. So cool.
All this and more in today’s Force Awakens Bits. Hit the jump to hyperspace.
Read More »
Another day, another post filled with Star Wars: The Force Awakens goodness. In today’s edition:
- A new Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster featuring BB-8.
- Find out why fans are waiting 12 days in line to see The Force Awakens at the Chinese Theatre.
- Will The Force Awakens have a love story?
- What we’ve learned about The Force Awakens from the books.
- See an image of Max Von Sydow‘s character Lor San Tekka.
- Why “the light side” of the Force was officially introduced for the new movie.
- See a new behind-the-scenes photo of Anthony Daniels (cropped above) and learn how he ended up owning pieces from the original Millennium Falcon.
- Information on Finn’s backstory as a First Order Stormtrooper revealed in a book preview.
All this and more. Hit the jump to hyperspace!
Read More »
Entertainment Weekly has begun rolling out coverage from their Star Wars: The Force Awakens cover story, and it looks like we’ll be getting a lot more as the week continues. The first batch of new info includes a ton of new images from J.J. Abrams‘ Episode VII, as well as comments from Harrison Ford about reprising his roles as Han Solo and possibly Indiana Jones for a fifth adventure. We’ve compiled all the information you need to know after the jump, along with a collection of the best new photos.
Read More »
One of the highlights at Comic Con this year was a behind the scenes reel for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. When this was released over the weekend, I tried to pull together a piece dissecting the reel image by image, but the madness that is Comic Con prevented me from finishing it until now.
What follows is a breakdown of 13 things we learned from this footage, this includes confirmation of new and old characters, our first look at some of the cast, some story and character details put together from the new images matched with previous rumors, and some questions. Hit the jump to read our list.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The show now known as CinemaCon, formerly ShoWest, is in full swing in Las Vegas. The marketplace is full of first looks at a great many films we’ll be seeing over the next year, and we’ve got images from two of them. One is among my most highly-anticipated films of the year: Drive, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn and starring Ryan Gosling. (One of two images is above.) The other is Lock-Out, a sort of Taken clone in space, starring Maggie Grace and Guy Pearce. See the images after the jump. Read More »