It looks like Oscar Isaac will be jumping from one big franchise to another. The Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens star has just signed on to play the title character in X-Men: Apocalypse. And no, we don’t mean he’s playing all of the X-Men. Hit the jump for all the details on the Oscar Isaac X Men Apocalypse casting. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, November 3rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Jessica Chastain will be seen in Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar in a few days, but that’s actually just one of two big premieres she has this week. The other is J.C. Chandor‘s A Most Violent Year, which makes its worldwide debut at the AFI Fest in Los Angeles on Thursday.
This one puts her with Oscar Isaac as a married couple struggling to grab ahold of the American dream in 1980s New York City. He’s an immigrant businessman, and she is his well-connected wife — who it seems may be even more of a schemer than he is. David Oyelowo, Albert Brooks, and Alessandro Nivola also star. Watch two new A Most Violent Year trailers after the jump.
Posted on Thursday, October 30th, 2014 by Angie Han
After years of scripting and producing sci-fi movies, Alex Garland (28 Days Later, Sunshine) is finally trying his hand at directing one. Ex Machina features Star Wars Episode 7 castmates Oscar Isaac and Domhnall Gleeson as two men working on an artificially intelligent robot played by Alicia Vikander. As is always the case in movies about AIs, things don’t go quite the way they expect. Watch the first Ex Machina trailer after the jump.
UPDATE: Another new Ex Machina trailer has been added after the jump.
Posted on Wednesday, October 29th, 2014 by Russ Fischer
Alex Garland is known as a screenwriter (28 Days Later, Sunshine) and producer (Dredd, which he also wrote) and now he is a director. The first feature from Garland is called Ex Machina, in which Alicia Vikander (above) plays an AI which interacts with a scientist and a businessman (Domhnall Gleeson and Oscar Isaac) in ways the two couldn’t expect. A trailer for the film is coming tomorrow; for now get a gander at the great Ex Machina poster below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 15th, 2014 by Angie Han
For a while there, it looked like the Doctor Strange casting rumors were finally coming to a rest. Then Joaquin Phoenix decided he didn’t want to do the movie after all. That sent Marvel back to square one, and the rest of us gossiping and speculating all over again about who might get the part.
A couple weeks ago, we got word Ethan Hawke was up for the role, and yesterday we heard Ewan McGregor was being looked at as well. Now a new report reveals several more names on the shortlist: Matthew McConaughey, Jake Gyllenhaal, Oscar Isaac, and Jared Leto (again). Hit the jump for all the latest Doctor Strange shortlist.
Star Wars Bits: John Williams Starts ‘Episode VII’ Work Soon; Plus Oscar Isaac, Expanded Universe, Lego, Mobile
Posted on Monday, October 6th, 2014 by Germain Lussier
This is a jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. We’ve got real Star Wars Episode VII news, rumors, toy information, book excerpts, and even mobile game updates. Below, read about the following.
- John Williams will start working on Star Wars Episode VII in two weeks.
- Read about some of the work Phil Tippett might be doing on Episode VII.
- Oscar Isaac has finished his work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- See Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher hit the town together.
- Read the ominious opening crawl of the new novel Tarkin.
- Star Wars authors can still use Expanded Universe bits.
- A new creature from Star Wars Episode VII is described.
- Some mysterious new characters are revealed in latest Star Wars Lego images.
- Watch a video of the new Lego Slave 1.
- Star Wars mobile game Tiny Death Star has been taken off line while Angry Birds gets a Star Wars Rebels update.
- Possible descriptions of Han Solo‘s outfits in Star Wars Episode VII.
Star Wars Bits: Anthony Daniels Finishes Episode VII, Forest Filming Details, Oscar Isaac and Rebels
Posted on Monday, September 29th, 2014 by Germain Lussier
One of the most iconic Star Wars actors has finished his work on the new film, plus a new actor has some thoughts for the old guard and more in this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Details on the Star Wars Episode VII shoot in the Forest of Dean have been revealed.
- Anthony Daniels has finished his shooting on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas had left the original trilogy alone.
- What does Ron Burgundy dressed as Han Solo look like?
- David Oyelowo confirms there will be exciting cameos in Star Wars Rebels.
- Learn the secrets of The Phantom, part of The Ghost, in Star Wars Rebels.
- John Boyega is adding his voice to a cartoon.
Posted on Tuesday, September 23rd, 2014 by Peter Sciretta
Star Wars Episode VII star Oscar Isaac recently talked with Entertainment Weekly and during the interview the award-winning actor talked a bit about the upcoming Star Wars film. Isaac talked about his decision to join the sci-fi franchise, his interactions with the original trilogy cast of Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, and Mark Hamill, the recent leaks and more. Find out what we learned from the Oscar Isaac Star Wars Episode 7 comments, after the jump.
Read More »