Marvel Studios kicked off the Super Bowl spot bonanza with Captain America: Civil War, but 20th Century Fox also wanted a piece of the action with a new tease for their summer comic book sequel, X-Men: Apocalypse. This promises to be the biggest X-Men movie yet, with Oscar Isaac as the titular villain creating complete mayhem and chaos. Watch the X-Men Apocalypse Super Bowl spot below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
“I need the truck,” is the first line in the script for Mojave. It comes on page five, and not until page 17 does a real conversation emerge. There are a few lines here and there in the opening, but screenwriter William Monahan introduces Thomas (Garrett Hedlund) purely through action. The artist, struggling with success, drives out to the desert to reflect, which Monahan once did himself.
What if someone like Thomas or Mr. Monahan, but far worse, was also in the desert? That’s when Jack (Oscar Isaac) appears, a highly educated and highly dangerous drifter. Thomas and Jack’s war begins with a conversation about the politics, the human condition, and Ahab’s missing leg.
And we dive into the details of Mojave during our conversation with Monahan, which begins after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 15th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
Welcome back to The Force Awakens Bits, your regular source of news about the movie you’ve already watched seven times! In today’s edition:
- Hot Toys’ Rey figure has received a very cool (and spoiler-y) upgrade.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens keeps on breaking box office records.
- Rian Johnson teases all of the Finn/Poe shippers out there.
- The team behind BB-8 explains how they brought his crazier effects to life.
- Someone built a life-size LEGO BB-8.
- An inside look at how to build a 70mm print of The Force Awakens.
- The John Williams The Force Awakens soundtrack guide you didn’t know you needed.
- Patton Oswalt and Conan O’Brien chat about The Force Awakens.
- One guy who really wants to spoil Star Wars for everyone.
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Oscar Isaac‘s character Poe Dameron was originally supposed to be a smaller part of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but his expanded role has been embraced by long-time fans of the George Lucas-created franchise. Fans won’t have to wait until Star Wars: Episode VIII’s release on May 26th 2017 to get more from the best X-wing pilot in The Resistance. Git the jump for more information on the Poe Dameron comic book series.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
Welcome back to The Force Awakens Bits, the regular feature that will exist until Star Wars: Episode 8 decides to murder Star Wars: The Force Awakens and steal its throne. In today’s edition:
- The amazingly awful “official” The Force Awakens music video.
- Star Wars‘ uphill battle at the Chinese box office.
- A certain set being recreated for Star Wars: Episode 8…
- The unfortunate end to your Poe/Finn fanfic.
- Samuel L. Jackson is still talking about Star Wars.
- That secret connection between The Force Awakens and Parks and Recreation.
- The editors of The Force Awakens speak up.
- A The Force Awakens comic that may inspire a tear or two.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Okay, so we’ve already tried to answer some of the unanswered questions of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and also offered some of our own ridiculous theories. Today I thought I’d take a look at some of your ridiculous (and not so ridiculous?) Force Awakens theories.
After the jump you can see some more theories about the possible identity of Supreme Leader Snoke, connect the dots between Arthurian legend and The Force Awakens, find out what Obi-Wan Kenobi’s legacy may have to do with the future of this franchise, wonder if Rey is even her real name, speculate on whether Max Von Sydow‘s Lor San Tekka is a metaphor for George Lucas, and lastly dig into a theory involving a “subtle relationship” between two same-sex characters. All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Another day, another round-up of all the great Star Wars: The Force Awakens news you’ve missed because you’re too busy living a proper life with family and friends and such! In today’s edition:
- The Force Awakens continues to be a monster at the box office.
- Several gorgeous new posters show off the newest Star Wars heroes.
- You can now buy Poe Dameron’s jacket, if you can pull it off.
- John Williams chats about working with George Lucas and J.J. Abrams.
- Panavision built special lenses just for The Force Awakens.
- John Boyega challenges David Beckham to a lightsaber duel.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
Star Wars: The Force Awakens did a bang-up job of bringing us back to the galaxy far, far away. It did justice to our favorite classic characters while introducing fresh faces to fall in love with, including Rey and Finn and Poe. So now that Lucasfilm has us invested in this whole new generation of heroes and villains, what’s next? Who’s coming back in Episode VIII? (Spoilers for The Force Awakens ahead.) Read More »
With Star Wars: The Force Awakens now in theaters, the filmmakers and stars of the movie are starting to open up about the secrets they’ve had to keep for the past couple of years. And one little tidbit that has come out of the woodwork during this time is word that one of the new characters in The Force Awakens was originally supposed to die. But since we want to avoid any major spoilers as best we can for those who haven’t seen the movie yet, we’ll leave that information after the jump. Read More »