Chewie, get us Star Wars Bits! This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- Japan has a Star Wars train to go with their Star Wars plane
- The Star Wars monorail is also up and running at Disney World
- Apple bought the motion-capture company that worked on The Force Awakens
- Watch the trailer for The Force Awakens playset for Disney Infinity 3.0
- French arthouse theaters want more copies of The Force Awakens
- A new look at the Anakin & Obi Wan comic coming in January 2016.
- A glimpse of a possible new wookiee in Rogue One or Episode VIII?
- Details on Battle of Jakku DLC for Star Wars Battlefront
- What is the first word spoken in The Force Awakens?
- Read a memo sent to executives about Star Wars in 1976
- See a new image of Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron in The Force Awakens
- A video runs through every Jedi in Star Wars canon
- A Chrome extension can block Star Wars spoilers for you
- Fox News reporter received death threats after making a Star Wars joke
- Omaze launches a new charity contest to win trip to The Force Awakens premiere
Read More »
Thanks to the Omaze charity efforts of the Star Trek: To Boldly Go campaign, we’ve gotten some glimpses behind the scenes of the forthcoming sequel Star Trek Beyond, including some new aliens, the new Starfleet uniforms, and the cast showing off their best dance moves on the bridge of the Enterprise.
And with one week left to donate, thereby earning the chance to win a walk-on role in the move from director Justin Lin, a new charity video has just surfaced with a Star Trek Beyond charity video that also acts as a Leonard Nimoy tribute, complete with the cast giving Spock’s customary farewell. Read More »
Walking on Hollywood Blvd. in Los Angeles, CA, you see a lot of people dressed as famous movie characters. Jack Sparrow, Spider-Man, Batman, Optimus Prime, Willy Wonka and so many more are all walking around, hoping people take a photo with them for a small fee. Most of the costumes are terrible, but some are quite good. The team at Omaze used that fact to their advantage. They dressed Arnold Schwarzenegger up as his own character from Terminator 2: Judgement Day. In costume, Arnie walked around Hollywood Blvd. relatively unnoticed, and even posed as a wax sculpture in Madame Tussauds to scare the crap out of unsuspecting tourists.
The video is a way to raise awareness for a charity contest where the winner gets a trip to the premiere of Terminator Genisys, but it’s also just plain funny. Below, watch the Terminator Hollywood prank and find out more about the contest. Read More »
Channing Tatum just seems like an awesome dude. I’ve interviewed him a few times, on the sets of 22 Jump Street and White House Down, and he genuinely is the person you’d expect him to be. Funny, kind, passionate, and totally humble about just how famous he’s become. A great example of this is a new viral video he’s part of by Omaze. That’s the company who creates amazing experiences for fans why buy a chance for a small charitable donation. They’re worked with Star Wars and others and their latest one will give fans a chance to attend the premiere of Magic Mike XXL with Tatum.
So how to promote it? Well, Tatum was made up as an old man at an early screening of Magic Mike XXL, interviewed the fans in disguise, then surprised them by revealing himself. The Magic Mike XXL contest video is below and it’s a whole lot of fun. Read More »