Fans around the world are still reeling from the sudden passing of international music icon Prince. The 57 year old musician was found dead in his Minnesota studio on Thursday, and plenty of tributes and memories have been hitting the web in honor of the incredible musician. Now several networks and a couple movie theater are chains are helping people mourn and celebrate Prince.
Prince’s feature film Purple Rain will be returning to select theaters in the AMC Theatres and Carmike Cinemas chains while NBC, VH1, OWN, AXS TV will be airing special tributes as well. Get all the details on where you can see Purple Rain in theaters and catch other Prince tributes after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The new year brought the return of New Girl, arriving just in time for fans who were in dire need of quality time with Jess (Zooey Deschanel), Nick (Jake Johnson), Schmidt (Max Greenfield), Winston (Lamorne Morris) and Cece (Hannah Simone) after Fox opted to have the show premiere in the midseason rather than the fall of 2015. But as we reported before, the show is going to get shaken up for a bit with Megan Fox stepping up as the newest new girl while Deschanel is away from the show for a little bit after having a child.
Now our first look at the This Is 40 and Jennifer’s Body star on the comedy series has emerged online, and it appears that her character Reagan already has a preexisting relationship with Cece. As you’ll see in the quick preview below, that really throws Schmidt for a loop, especially when he hears that they hooked up with each other. Read More »
In the world of television, actors and actresses come and go, resulting in some of your favorite characters getting replaced by someone completely new.
Some of the more prominent examples include Michael J. Fox leaving Spin City and being replaced by Charlie Sheen, or for that matter, Charlie Sheen being replaced by Ashton Kutcher on Two and a Half Men. A more tragic example includes Phil Hartman on NewsRadio being replaced by Jon Lovitz after the former’s untimely death.
And now we can add one more to the list, though this one seems to be more temporary. Megan Fox will be replacing Zooey Deschanel during the the fifth season of Fox’s comedy series New Girl as the titular star of the series goes on maternity leave after having her first child last month. But for fans who may be upset, this Megan Fox New Girl stint is only temporary. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s a weirdly good time for ’90s kids, as Uncle Jesse and Carmen Sandiego plot their returns. After the jump:
- Uncle Jesse’s band from Full House will reunite
- The elusive Carmen Sandiego may return to PBS
- American Dad is moving from Fox to TBS
- James Franco will drop by The Mindy Project
- Damon Wayans Jr. is returning to New Girl
- Ray Donovan and True Blood get renewed
- Here’s who’ll direct Game of Thrones next season
- Check out a new trailer for Boardwalk Empire
- Breaking Bad teasers and stills show lots of glares
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
AMC’s keeping their fingers crossed that The Walking Dead will never, ever end. Also after the jump:
- Ricky Gervais‘ Derek comes to Netflix this fall
- ABC reveals plans to finish 666 Park Ave and Apt. 23
- Will Damon Wayans Jr. return to New Girl?
- Guillermo del Toro’s The Strain adds a Twilight star
- Emma Roberts boards American Horror Story
- Homeland gets some fresh faces
- First pics from Bonnie & Clyde revealed
- See teasers for Newsroom, Boardwalk Empire, and Clear History
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, March 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s been a few days since our last TV Bits (sorry!), so we have a ton of stuff to catch up on. After the jump:
- Alexis Bledel, Kyle McLachlan, Hope Davis, and more get pilots
- Downton Abbey loses one character but gains six more
- Jeffrey Wright will be a series regular on Boardwalk Empire
- A bunch of Fox shows including The Following get early renewals
- The Zero Hour has gets cancelled by ABC after just three episodes
- Will Jimmy Fallon take over for Jay Leno on The Tonight Show?
- The X-Files finally gets a tenth season… as a comic book
- Steven Soderbergh‘s Behind the Candelabra gets EW cover
- Hannibal and Mad Men offer up not very revealing teasers
- See character posters and an extended trailer for Game of Thrones
- Peek behind the scenes of Breaking Bad‘s final season
Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
Like the last couple of TV Bits, this one is also chock full of casting news. Also after the jump:
- Downton Abbey adds a new series regular
- Patton Oswalt will stop by Parks & Recreation
- The Newsroom‘s version of Team Romney expands
- Michael C. Hall might be done with TV after Dexter
- Chris Lilley‘s new show starts shooting in Melbourne
- FX renews The Americans for a second season
- Are Mindy Project and New Girl moving to Thursdays?
- Watch four deleted scenes from Game of Thrones
- … and find out when we’ll get the Season 3 trailer
Read More »
This morning Megan Fox, Ed Helms, and Jessica Alba announced the nominations for the 2013 Golden Globes. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association, the organization behind the event, is famous for nominating films and performances simply based on their star factor — if there’s an actor that members of the HFPA want to hang out with, they’re sure to get a nomination.
But the HFPA is great at putting on a show, and so the Golden Globes generate a lot of attention every year. And, as the NY Times points out, with the Globes nominations coming just days before Oscar nomination voting starts, there’s a possibility that nominations here could affect Oscar voting. The Best Picture nomination set includes what is already becoming a standard set of awards favorites, such as Lincoln, Silver Linings Playbook, and Zero Dark Thirty, but there are also nominations for Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, and Django Unchained. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen picked up a few nominations, actually, which was one of the big surprises.
The Golden Globes will air on January 13, 2013, hosted by Amy Poehler and Tina Fey. The full nomination list is below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, October 23rd, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV Bits centers mostly around renewals, pickups, and projects in development, though there’s an interesting holiday-appropriate video in here for you as well. After the jump:
- Showtime renews Homeland for a third season
- CBS’ Elementary and Vegas get full-season orders
- CW wants more Arrow, Beauty & the Beast, and Emily Owens
- Jimmy Fallon’s Guys With Kids gets five more scripts
- Big Bang Theory writer is developing Smells Like Teen Spirit
- Fox’s New Girl and Raising Hope get two more episodes
- ABC commits to bar-set Mixology, from Hangover scribes
- Jane Fonda books a starring sitcom gig on ABC’s Now What?
- Boardwalk Empire writer sells Jane Austen and West Memphis Three dramas
- Fox is working on non-superpowered superhero comedy The B Team
- Jennifer Garner returns to TV as an executive producer
- Watch a new clip from NBC’s Mockingbird Lane
Read More »