Marvel Studios has released the first photo of Hayley Atwell reprising her Captain America: The First Avenger role as Peggy Carter on the second season of the ABC television series Agents of SHIELD. The September 23rd 2014 season 2 premiere episode “Shadows” will feature 1940s-era flashbacks featuring Carter and her Howling Commando buddies Jim Morita and Dum Dum Dugan (again played by Kenneth Choi and Neal McDonough). Hit the jump to see the Peggy Carter Agents of SHIELD photo now.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 by Angie Han
If I asked you to name the most iconic movie franchise of all time, would you say Transformers? Mark Wahlberg would — and he’s pretty sure the new one will be the biggest film of 2014. Also after the jump:
- Transformers 4 will use the Dolby Atmos sound system
- Ninja Turtles, Minions, and more are getting special 3D glasses
- Dwayne Johnson says Jon M. Chu won’t be back for G.I. Joe 3
- Lego Movie co-financer will not be asked back for the sequel
- Get updates on the Dark Crystal and Fraggle Rock movies
- Leland Orser, of Taken and Taken 2, will return for Taken 3
- Neal McDonough will be the bad guy in Paul Blart 2
- Jurassic World is looking for extras in Louisiana
Read More »
Films can get financing based on the attachment of a recognizable cast, and when a film’s director has previous credits producing known films, it makes it easier to bring elements together, whether or not the script is any good.
Chris Brinker makes his directorial debut with Bad Country, but he’s got producer credits going back to The Boondock Saints. And so he was able to bring in Boondock co-star Willem Dafoe to star in this cat and mouse story of a cop tracking down a killer. Also in the cast are Matt Dillon, Amy Smart, Tom Berenger, Bill Duke and Neal McDonough, not that any of it will probably matter. The first trailer for the film is pretty painful, but it has Dafoe looking mustachioed and haggard, and it’s worth the investment of a couple minutes just to enjoy his presence. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
After his unceremonious exit from The Walking Dead, Frank Darabont returns to television this year with a whole new project that has nothing to do with the undead — but plenty, still, to do with monsters.
The six-episode TNT series Mob City (formerly titled L.A. Noir and then Lost Angels) chronicles the war between gangsters and cops in ’40s Los Angeles, which gets kicked up to a whole new level once the LAPD forms a specialized mob squad.
Walking Dead alums Jon Bernthal and Jeffrey DeMunn join Darabont on the new project, along with Ed Burns, Neal McDonough, Jeremy Luke, and many more. Watch the first trailer and get more details after the jump.
Read More »
From superheroes, to comedy and action, it’s all in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read more about the following:
- Captain America: The First Avenger star Neal McDonough joins the cast of Red 2.
- Mike Epps will reprise his role from The Hangover in The Hangover Part III.
- Jonah Hill says a sequel to 21 Jump Street will shoot next Fall.
- Check out photos, videos and more hints from the set of Iron Man 3.
Read More »
After 10 days of independent cinema stifled our love of superhero movie news, Superhero Bits is finally back and it’s filled news from today as well as some of the bigger stories from the past week. So, for example, want to see photos of high end Dark Knight Rises merchandise? Is there still a chance a Shazam movie might take place? Has The Lizard from The Amazing Spider-Man once again been revealed? When might we see a Nick Fury movie? Which three characters might have massive cameos in The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers and Iron Man 3 respectively? What’s the link between SOPA and The Dark Knight Rises? Read about all this and more in the return of Superhero Bits! Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 12th, 2011 by Angie Han
We bring nothing but good tidings in this edition of TV Bits, which is all about giving you more of shows you love. After the jump, read about:
- Renewals for Boardwalk Empire, Haven, and The Simpsons
- A webisode prequel to The Walking Dead
- Not one, but two new villains for Raylan Givens on Justified
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Earlier today we saw a new poster for Captain America: The First Avenger and now the second full trailer, teased over a week ago at the Hero Complex festival in LA, is online. You can see it after the break. Read More »