Posted on Thursday, May 30th, 2013 by Angie Han
Between the final seasons of Dexter and Breaking Bad and the premiere of CBS’ Under the Dome, this summer is shaping up to be an exciting one for TV viewers. After the jump:
- George R.R. Martin teases new characters for Game of Thrones Season 4
- Melissa Leo boards M. Night Shyamalan‘s Wayward Pines
- Tracy Morgan and Jenna Elfman find new jobs
- Amazon makes some decisions about its new series
- Comedy Central renews Inside Amy Schumer
- Neil Patrick Harris will host the Emmys again
- Vince Gilligan chats about the potential Saul Goodman spinoff
- See new pics from CBS’ Stephen King thriller Under the Dome
- Meet Dr. Evelyn Vogel in the new Dexter promo
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 by Angie Han
As the writer behind Training Day and the helmer of Street Kings and Harsh Times, David Ayer‘s clearly got a deep and abiding interest in the LAPD. So it’s no surprise that his latest directorial effort, End of Watch, centers around that same theme.
Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Peña star as a pair of young officers assigned to some of Los Angeles’ roughest neighborhoods. Though the guys are used to being targeted — as one of them says, “We’re cops, everyone wants to kill us” — when they stumble upon a dangerous discovery, they find themselves in the crosshairs of a drug cartel. Watch the trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Find it hard to keep up with what films are casting and which actors and actress are doing what? You’re not the only one. It’s all but impossible to keep up with everything, which is why we bring you Casting Bits. Today we’ve got a bunch of big names in smaller movies, a few studio productions sprinkled in and then a couple we missed in recent days. After the jump read about:
- Miley Cyrus cast as Adam Sandler’s daughter in Hotel Transylvania
- Rufus Sewell is confirmed to join Paradise Lost, as Lucifer’s buddy Samael
- Clive Owen is an NSA agent in Recall, written by Paul Schrader
- Elizabethtown co-stars Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom team up again in Cities
- Genesis Rodriguez is an FBI agent in The Last Stand
- Comedians Tracy Morgan and Eddie Griffin are reportedly battling to play the Ol’ Dirty Bastard in a coming biopic
- Alona Tal and Natalie Martinez will star alongside Mark Wahlberg in Albert Hughes’ Broken City
Read More »
Posted on Monday, August 1st, 2011 by Angie Han
Glee star Darren Criss has landed a part in Imogene, a dark comedy by American Splendor directors Shari Springer Bergman and Robert Pulcini. The Michelle Morgan-penned script revolves around a New York playwright (Kristen Wiig) who fakes a suicide in order to get her ex-boyfriend’s attention. Instead of winning him back, however, she winds up forced to move in with her gambling-addicted “tacky Jersey Shore mother” (Annette Bening).
Criss will play “a younger love interest” who catches the eye of Wiig’s character, but let’s be real — the really intriguing bit of info here is the fact that Bening will be, as Vulture put it, “channel[ing] Snooki” to play “the mother who’s a little inappropriate all the time.” Shooting for the project will begin in New York City this summer. [ThePlaylist]
After the jump, Frank Grillo picks up two new roles on either side of the law, and Patricia Clarkson gets ready to scare the living daylights out of Ron Fucking Swanson.
Read More »
David Ayers wrote and will direct End of Watch, which already has Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena cast as two LAPD officers who “confront marriage, love, fatherhood and the harsh realities of the Los Angeles streets.” Now Anna Kendrick and Natalie Martinez (Detroit 1-8-7) are in talks to play the respective love interests in the movie. We don’t have too many more details on End of Watch, but the film shoots later this summer. [Variety]
After the break, a total change of pace into horror as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 co-star Bill Mosely gets a role in Leatherface 3D, but not the same role he played in Chainsaw 2. And Adam Scott books two new comedy roles. Read More »