Posted on Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
Ah, yes, the Fast and the Furious franchise: Where a man can fly from one fancy speeding car to another in the middle of the highway while a tank wreaks havoc in the background. See that photo and more after the jump. Also:
- Jocelin Donahue is young Barbara Hershey in Insidious 2
- Helen Mirren teases some of her big action scenes for Red 2
- Yes, Rafe Spall will appear in Edgar Wright‘s The World’s End
- Benedict Cumberbatch‘s Trek character is a very modern terrorist
- Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura talks Transformers 4
- A Good Day to Die Hard unveils a Valentine’s Day-themed spot
- The gang’s all here in a fresh batch of stills from Fast & Furious 6
- See some colorful high-res images from The Muppets… Again
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Super Bowl Sunday was a great day if you were a Baltimore Ravens fan, but it was pretty damn good day for Fast and Furious fans too. Universal dropped their first look at the upcoming Fast and Furious 6, the latest film in the action franchise about crime, fast cars, and huge set pieces. It blew away the competition. Today we get more.
Justin Lin returns for his fourth go-round in as director, and seems to have crafted an even faster and furious (er…) film this time around. Fresh off their massive heist in Brazil, Dom (Vin Diesel) and Brian (Paul Walker) are back. This time, though, the special agent hired to bring them down (Dwayne Johnson) has a favor to ask. He needs to team up with Dom and Brian to bring down an even worse bad guy, played by Luke Evans. Throw in the return of Michelle Rodriguez‘s thought-to-be-dead character and May 24 can’t get here fast enough.
While the Super Bowl spot was great, below we have an “extended first look” at the film which combines the mind-blowing action from the Super Bowl with more story and explosions. Read More »
Posted on Sunday, February 3rd, 2013 by Angie Han
We haven’t seen too much from Fast & Furious 6 yet, but Universal has apparently chosen Super Bowl weekend to get the marketing push started in earnest. A few days ago, they revealed the full synopsis, and earlier this weekend they unveiled the first poster. Now, in the middle of the big game, we’ve finally gotten our first look at some footage in the form of a 60-second TV spot. Check it out after the jump.
Watch other 2013 Super Bowl spots at these links: Iron Man 3, World War Z, Star Trek Into Darkness, The Lone Ranger, Oz: The Great and Powerful.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, January 31st, 2013 by Angie Han
Fast Five wound up being one of 2011’s most unexpected pleasures, so hopefully we’re in for a treat when the first footage from Justin Lin‘s Fast and Furious 6 (or whatever it winds up being called) airs during the Super Bowl this weekend.
To prep fans for the unveiling, Universal has finally released an official synopsis explaining just what Dom (Vin Diesel), Brian (Paul Walker), Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson), and the rest of the gang will be up to in the new film — and how exactly Luke Evans‘ villain and the presumed-dead Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) factor in. Read it after the jump.
Read More »
This edition of sequel bits has something for almost everyone. We’ve got the tweet girls, we’ve got the teen guys, we’ve got the family crowd, pet lovers and the horror crowd. After the jump read about the following:
- Barry Sonnenfeld confirmed that Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga are both aliens in MIB 3.
- Jessica Alba and Michelle Rodriguez will likely be back for Machette Kills
- Michael Madsen says he’s back for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
- A new poster has been revealed for Piranha 3DD.
- The third (there was a second?) Beverly Hills Chihuahua film just got a release date.
- John Hawkes talks about preparing for Switch, a Jackie Brown prequel
Read More »
Dreamworks Animation announced Turbo a while ago; the animated film features Ryan Reynolds as the voice of a garden snail who dreams of being a racing champion.
Today the rest of the major voice cast has been announced, and it features some excellent names. Paul Giamatti, Luis Guzman, Maya Rudolph and more are part of the lineup. And Robert Siegel (The Wrestler, Big Fan) has been announced as a co-writer, which is also a welcome detail. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, January 19th, 2012 by Angie Han
With a worldwide gross of $296 million, 2010’s Resident Evil: Afterlife was the best office performer yet of the video game-based Resident Evil film franchise. That made a fifth Resident Evil a no-brainer, so over the past year and change there’s been a steady stream of news, casting announcements, and set photos from the movie that would eventually be titled Resident Evil: Retribution.
Today we finally have the first real trailer for the Retribution, and it should be a treat for Resident Evil fans — once you get past the first 20+ seconds of Sony commercials, that is. Yep, Sony electronics ads actually make up over a third of the trailer. Watch it after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, September 26th, 2011 by Angie Han
Real Steel 2, Resident Evil: Retribution, and Riddick are in completely different stages of development at this point, but they all have one thing in common: Everyone wants to return for them. (Well, that and the fact that they all start with the letter R.) After the jump, read about the following:
- Shawn Levy and Hugh Jackman are confirmed for Real Steel 2 — a week and a half before Real Steel 1 has even hit theaters.
- Michelle Rodriguez becomes the latest former Resident Evil star to board the upcoming fifth installment.
- Karl Urban agrees to reprise his role for the long-gestating Riddick.
Read More »