The ensemble cast for The Other Guys, the latest collaboration between funnymen pals Will Ferrell and writer/director Adam McKay, is of a higher-profile than on their previous flicks, sans Anchorman. Today brings news that Samuel L. Jackson and Dwayne “Tooth Fairy” Johnson will play stud “super cops” to the unfulfilled desk pigs played by Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg, Rob Riggle, and Craig Robinson. In addition, Brit comedy and Alan Patridge mastermind, Steve Coogan, will play the villain, automatically kicking the craziness up a notch. Last week we reported that Eva Mendes, Michael Keaton, and a Wayans have mounted up for unspecified roles.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Filming on The Other Guys, the ’10 cop comedy from writer/director Adam McKay (Step Brothers, Anchorman) rolls this month in New York, and today sees three new additions to the cast. Formerly entitled The B Team, I’m curious to see what McKay has up his twisted sleeve, because the buddy-cop formula isn’t just asthmatic, it’s cliche to the point of surreality, and he’ll also have Hot Fuzz to contend with.
Read More »
E! workhorse and acclaimed journalist Jules Asner was the guest on the current episode of the Adam Carolla podcast. Amongst discussion of her work, the mysteries of the modeling industry, the unpleasantness of Brooke Burke and lots of other non-/Film business, conversation does eventually come to Steven Soderbergh, Jules’ husband.
If you drop in at 19 minutes and 30 seconds or so, you can hear the talk on Soderbergh begin with Carolla’s attack on Ocean’s 13 and Asner’s brief defense. Asner then describes The Informant! as one of her favourite pictures Soderbergh has made alongside Ocean’s 11 and 12 and The Limey. After Carolla agrees that The Limey was a corker, conversation turns to the potential sequel.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Michael Keaton will voice the role of Ken (as in Barbie’s boyfriend Ken) in Toy Story 3. Jodi Benson (who voiced Barbie in the Toy Story series) revealed the news to IESB. This will be Keaton’s second appearance in a Pixar film, after voicing Chick Hicks in Cars.
What We Already Know about Toy Story 3:
- Toy Story 3 will be released in digital Disney 3D on June 18th 2010.
- Directed by Lee Unkrich, who edited the previous films, and co-directed Toy Story 2
- Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusack, Wallace Shawn, Don Rickles, Estelle Harris, John Ratzenberger, and Jodi Benson are confirmed to return.
- The story follows the toys as they are dumped in a day-care center after Andy leaves for College.
- Andrew Stanton (Finding Nemo, Wall-E) wrote the Treatment
- Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine) wrote the screenplay
- Randy Newman will provide the scrore