Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters tonight nationwide. Before you see the movie, check out the latest edition of Force Awakens bits for the following spoiler-free info:
- Force Awakens has sold more tickets than any other movie on Fandango, not just pre-sales but their full theatrical run.
- Learn how C3PO’s suit was greatly improved for the filming of the new movie.
- JJ Abrams explains why he didn’t return for Episode VIII or IX.
- Abu Dhabi recreated Starkiller Base as a tourist attraction.
- Force Awakens is 95% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes with 200 reviews, a ranking currently higher than all the previous Star Wars films.
- Adam Driver explains how the lightsabers in Force Awakens finally realized George Lucas‘ original vision.
- Costume designer Michael Kaplan on creating Han Solo’s more mature look.
- Force Awakens will screen in space
- The header image is a behind the scenes shot from a featurette on shooting in Abu Dubai, which you can watch in this post.
All this and more. Hit the jump to hyperspace!
Read More »
The week has finally come, a new Star Wars film will hit movie theaters in just a few days. The world premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens takes place tonight in Hollywood, and the first reactions are probably coming shortly after that. I’m extremely fortunate to be attending the premiere tonight and am so excited. I will give you my reaction afterwards on twitter (non-spoiler of course, followed by more in-depth review on the site later in the week). Okay, lets take a look at the latest Star Wars: The Force Awakens news and tidbits:
- Steven Spielberg recommended that Disney hire J.J. Abrams for Force Awakens.
- Adam Driver’s response to the question of if Force Awakens will be better than the prequels.
- See new behind the scenes photos featuring Daisy Ridley and John Boyega.
- Find out how Jakku market merchant Bobbajo was created
- Learn more about Andy Serkis‘ character Supreme Leader Snoke
- How the Force Awakens world premiere in Hollywood is “bigger than the Oscars”
- Is Force Awakens about Star Wars fandom and is Kylo Ren just a huge Star Wars geek?
- J.J. Abrams designed Rey’s outfit so that it would be simple enough that kids could doodle it in class
- Preview some of the limited edition “Galaxy Premiere” merchandise which will be sold in select theaters
- John Boyega talks Force Awakens deleted scenes
- Watch BB-8 explore London.
- Header photo thanks to HeroicHollywood
All this and more in today’s Force Awakens Bits. Alright Chewie, Punch it! Hit the jump for hyperspace!
Read More »
As the Disney earnings call approaches, Disney finally decided to announce publicly that screenwriter Michael Arndt was officially off Star Wars Episode VII, and that director J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan are busy working on the current screenplay. (If you havent yet, read more about that here.) But the press release also featured details of the crew that is on board for the upcoming sequel. Lets take a look at the list of names after the jump.
Read More »
Two Star Trek writers don’t think they’ll work on Star Wars, while another one does. Plus the director himself talks all about his fandom. Read about the following in this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Who does J.J. Abrams think shot first, Han Solo or Greedo?
- Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci don’t think they’ll be working on a Star Wars movie…
- …but Damon Lindelof believes he might by the end of the decade.
- Abrams talks about lessons he learned from Star Trek that he’ll use on Star Wars and how he plans to work on both Star Trek 3 and Episode VII.
- Costume Designer Michael Kaplan (Blade Runner, Fight Club, Star Trek) joins Star Wars Episode VII.
- EA Games teases a brand new Star Wars Battlefront game.
- Famous Star Wars characters danced up a storm at Star Wars Weekends at Disney Hollywood Studios.
Read More »