Sylvester Stallone has been dropping bombs on Twitter in the past couple days, beginning with the announcement that Bruce Willis would not appear in The Expendables 3, but that Harrison Ford had been added to the cast.
Sly has now confirmed the participation of Mel Gibson (he’s the bad guy) and Antonio Banderas for the third Expendables movie. And there’s an interesting statement from the CEO of Lionsgate, who seems to be attempting to prevent Bruce Willis from being totally pissed off about the Expendables situation.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, August 2nd, 2013 by Angie Han
The marketing team at Apple would have you believe that there’s an app for everything, but when you’re a killer agent, sometimes you need your tools to be a little more hands-on. Count on Robert Rodriguez to fix that problem by hiding a blade inside the device.
That’s just one of the many ridiculous sights on display in Machete Kills, which once again stars Danny Trejo as ex-Federale Machete. When a billionaire arms dealer (Mel Gibson) plans to ignite a war by launching a missile into space, the President of the United States (Charlie Sheen, billed as “Carlos Estevez”) calls upon Machete to stop him. Watch the new full-length trailer after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, July 16th, 2013 by Angie Han
We’re sure to have tons of sequel-related news coming up later this week from Comic-Con, but in the meantime we have a bunch of other, non-SDCC news to share with you. After the jump:
- Troy Duffy is cooking up more Boondock Saints
- Joseph Kosinski offers a minor update on Tron 3
- Chinese superstar Han Geng joins Transformers 4
- The Veronica Mars movie is getting book sequels
- Dumb and Dumber To gets embroiled in a lawsuit
- Mel Gibson is in Expendables 3, says Sly Stallone
- Watch another trailer for Disney’s Cars spinoff Planes
Read More »
The Expendables 3 is going full steam ahead. It’s got directorPatrick Hughes, a release date of August 2014, and a slew of brand new stars likely to join. They include Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich.
But who could be powerful enough, or evil enough to tackle that string of stars along with returning players Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Terry Crews, Dolph Lundgren, and Randy Couture? It might end up being someone mentioned as a possible cast member a few months back: Mel Gibson. The actor is once again rumored to be joining the film, this time as the villain. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, May 30th, 2013 by Angie Han
Subtlety and restraint have their place in cinema, but Robert Rodriguez‘s Machete Kills isn’t it. The sequel to Rodriguez’s 2010 action thriller features deadly broads, weaponized boobs, a cackling madman, President Charlie Sheen (or President Carlos Estevez, rather), and a Machete (Danny Trejo) who’s just been pulled back from the brink of death. Watch the explosive first teaser trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Sylvester Stallone played a little game with his Twitter followers Tuesday and the result was his disclosure of the director for The Expendables 3. That name? Patrick Hughes, best known for the small Australian film Red Hill, which starred True Blood‘s Ryan Kwatten. Check out Sly’s tweets below. Read More »
One actor joins a sequel and teases a second, while a different actor dismisses a sequel and approves another. All that and more in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read about the following:
- Mel Gibson says he wouldn’t do a fifth Lethal Weapon and was at one point interested in doing Mad Max 4.
- Speaking of Mad Max: Fury Road, an official plot synopsis has been revealed.
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse has some choice adjectives for Kick-Ass 2.
- Even more tributes have been cast in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
- Gareth Evans tweeted a concept image from Berandal, the sequel to The Raid Redemption.
- Expendables 2 and Newsroom star Terry Crews is joining Scary Movie 5 and seems confident Expendables 3 will happen.
- The first two deaths of Scary Movie 5 have been confirmed.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
There was a little bit of video from the set of Machete Kills that leaked out a week or so back, but was quickly taken down. Now there’s a replacement, in the form of a TV set visit to the set of Robert Rodriguez‘s latest weird action flick. Danny Trejo returns as Machete, and this time he faces (among other things) Mel Gibson playing a character who is “out to get the President.”(With the President played by Charlie Sheen.)
Check out the video, as well as an image of William Sadler‘s character from the film, below. Read More »