This weekend Terminator: Genisys is hitting theaters, but veteran action star Arnold Schwarzenegger has a lot more to worry about than a new advanced cyborg. No, Schwarznegger’s biggest threat is a group of shirtless, thrusting men from Magic Mike XXL.
The film has plenty of men and women alike getting the vapors, and Conan O’Brien wanted to see what all the fuss was about. On a recent episode of his late night talk show on TBS, Conan joined his female staff members for a girls night out as they headed to a midnight screening of the Channing Tatum-led sequel that isn’t about a heavyweight magician. As you probably guessed, the results are pretty damn funny.
Find out what happens when Conan O’Brien sees Magic Mike XXL after the jump! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Magic Mike is a movie that knows exactly what it is. Sure, it might have been sold on the appeal of oiled abs and pecs, but you could also see the depth of the film coming a mile off. The Screen Junkies crew has a go at it, anyway, for the latest in their Honest Trailers series. But the truth is, there’s not much this crew can do that Steven Soderbergh and Channing Tatum didn’t already have in mind when they made the film. Have a gander at the Magic Mike honest trailer below.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, June 29th, 2015 by Angie Han
The first Magic Mike was billed as an over-the-top stripper comedy, but underneath those gold lamé thongs it turned out to be something far more surprising: a sober examination of the American dream. We watched Mike Lane try to pull himself up by the bootstraps, only to find himself judged, used, discarded, and creatively constrained.
The sequel Magic Mike XXL, in contrast, is all gold lamé thongs — or rather, it would be if the boys hadn’t decided gold lamé thongs were passé. The former kings of Tampa have ditched all depth and ambivalence in pursuit of drunken good times. And it works, albeit in a completely different way from the first Magic Mike. The result is the perfect summer movie: dumb, sweet, eager to please, and hard not to like. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 24th, 2015 by Angie Han
Magic Mike XXL isn’t exactly what you’d call family-friendly entertainment, what with its gleaming lineup of gyrating male strippers and endless stream of Michael Scott-level innuendos. But last night, Jimmy Fallon figured out a pretty genius way to get kids in on the fun: Let them write their own Magic Mike movie, and make Channing Tatum act them out.
Watch the Channing Tatum Jimmy Fallon Magic Mike XXL Kid Theater segment after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
More dino movie tidbits, plus writhing men and angry robots. After the jump:
- Kauai thanks Steven Spielberg for the Jurassic movies
- A lot of Jurassic World‘s money came from 3D
- Frank Marshall expects a call about Jurassic World 2
- Shawn Hatosy signs up for Fear the Walking Dead
- See a new poster for Alvin and the Chipmunks 4
- Paranormal Activity branches out with a VR game
- UK bookies think Damian Lewis could be the new Bond
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is the new voice of Waze
- Take in a new clip from Terminator: Genisys
- Channing Tatum gets his Magic Mike on at LA Pride
- Jimmy Kimmel asks Chris Pratt about Indiana Jones
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Channing Tatum just seems like an awesome dude. I’ve interviewed him a few times, on the sets of 22 Jump Street and White House Down, and he genuinely is the person you’d expect him to be. Funny, kind, passionate, and totally humble about just how famous he’s become. A great example of this is a new viral video he’s part of by Omaze. That’s the company who creates amazing experiences for fans why buy a chance for a small charitable donation. They’re worked with Star Wars and others and their latest one will give fans a chance to attend the premiere of Magic Mike XXL with Tatum.
So how to promote it? Well, Tatum was made up as an old man at an early screening of Magic Mike XXL, interviewed the fans in disguise, then surprised them by revealing himself. The Magic Mike XXL contest video is below and it’s a whole lot of fun. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, May 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
Some odds and ends from the world of sequels. After the jump:
- Krang is rumored to be in Ninja Turtles 2
- Gramercy Pictures relaunches with Insidious 3
- Leslie Mann and Kat Dennings join Croods 2
- Independence Day 2 adds Patrick St. Esprit
- … and Vivica A. Fox discusses her return
- Warner Bros. sets Project XX for summer 2016
- Bad Santa 2 is hoping to shoot this fall
- Mimi Rogers boards the Ash vs. Evil Dead show
- Magic Mike XXL reveals a sexy new poster
- Terminator Genisys unleashes another TV spot
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, May 6th, 2015 by Angie Han
Steven Soderbergh’s Magic Mike was a thoughtful examination of the American dream, but of course the real draw was the gyrating hardbodies on stage. So far, Magic Mike XXL seems to be leaning into that raunchy appeal, with a marketing campaign heavy on half-naked torsos and naughty puns. Not that we’re complaining.
The newest Magic Mike XXL trailer continues in the same vein, commenting on how hard (wink wink) it was to resist showing off all the best parts (nudge nudge) of the movie. Even so, there’s plenty to enjoy here. Feast your eyes on the new Magic Mike XXL trailer after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits has a bit of everything: Tons of casting news, some cute set photos, and a bunch of red-hot posters. After the jump:
- Lifetime’s The Omen sequel Damien moves to A&E
- An Absolutely Fabulous movie will shoot this year
- Heroes Reborn picks up The 100 and True Blood alums
- Jeff Daniels boards the train for the Divergent sequels
- Common and Deon Cole line up for Barbershop 3
- Starship Troopers could be headed to the small screen
- See the photos from the set of Inferno in Venice
- Ogle a series of Magic Mike XXL character posters
- Justin Bieber will make a cameo in Zoolander 2
Read More »