Posted on Friday, September 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
My favorite Sequel Bits are the ones with a little something for everyone, like this one. After the jump:
- Lindsay Lohan tries to get out of Scary Movie 5
- Looks like Adele will be singing the Skyfall theme
- Human Centipede 3 will have a 500-person chain
- Lydia Hearst boards Cabin Fever: Patient Zero
- Breaking Dawn Part 2 tickets to go on sale in October
- See the Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning trailer
- Maggie Grace goes on the run in a new Taken 2 clip
- Paul W.S. Anderson would do a sixth Resident Evil
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Just in case his small appearance in a certain superhero movie this summer left you wanting more Liam Neeson action, here’s the first full domestic trailer for Olivier Megaton‘s Taken 2.
The title should tell you just about everything you need to know about the plot, but just in case: Neeson, and his wife and daughter (Famke Janssen, Maggie Grace) are menaced by relatives of some of the guys Neeson’s character killed in Taken. There’s a kidnapping (again), followed by a lot of violence (again) and some very pretty shots of Istanbul. Because even with a lot of bad guys to kill, one has to make time for sight-seeing.
Check out the trailer below. Read More »
The US marketing hasn’t really kicked into gear yet, but maybe you saw the first international trailer for Taken 2, which puts Liam Neeson in conflict with some guys who are pretty angry about all the stuff Neeson did when his daughter was kidnapped a while back. The old guy and his fam (Maggie Grace and Famke Janssen) are in Istanbul, where they’re targeted by the father (Rade Sherbedgia) of one of the guys Neeson killed in Taken.
This trailer gives away a big part of the plot setup that wasn’t shown in the last trailer. In fact, the last trailer deliberately obscured it. It’s something that we’ve known to some extent for a while, and something that will end up in the US trailers eventually, so I wouldn’t call it a big spoiler. But if all you know of Taken 2 is what was in the last trailer, then this will have a small surprise. Check out the trailer below. Read More »
“Your mother is going to be Taken.” Gotta capitalize the ‘t’ in that last word, as Liam Neeson gives his daughter (Maggie Grace) a one-line reason for this movie to exist. The Neeson of Taken is back, and his very particular set of skills has returned as well. You’ve probably heard of the original film, which cemented Neeson as an ass-kicker for the current generation of b-movie fans.
Now Taken 2, directed by Olivier Megaton and produced and co-written by Luc Besson, lets Maggie Grace get into the action as dad reacts to her mother (Famke Janssen) being kidnapped by Rade Sherbedgia and some Albanian guys who are pissed off at Neeson for all the stuff he did in the first movie. What do you think happens next? Read More »
After shows, cancelled shows, new shows and no-shows all pop up in this edition of TV Bits:
- Falling Skies pulls a Walking Dead and will launch its own after show hosted by Wil Wheaton.
- Despite a huge Internet push, HBO won’t make their On Demand Service HBO Go an a la-carte option.
- Lost stars Maggie Grace and Jorge Garcia reunite on the set of Californication.
- The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes has been cancelled and will be replaced by Marvel’s Avengers Assemble.
- Watch an extended preview of CW’s Arrow, which is coming to San Diego Comic-Con.
Read More »
20th Century Fox has finally released the first photos from Taken 2. Director Olivier Megaton‘s (Colombiana, Transporter 3) follow-up takes a twist on the original as Maggie Grace must help rescue Liam Neeson‘s character Bryan Mills after “associates of the villains he killed the first time around decide to get their revenge.” I saw some early footage at CinemaCon and it looked much better than it sounds (for example, Grace’s character isn’t turned into a complete badass Sarah Conner-type, and fun is had with her inabilities). Hit the jump to check out the first photos from the action sequel, along with a quote from Neeson.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, April 16th, 2012 by Angie Han
Every time I think the whole back-and-forth about Bill Murray and Ghostbusters 3 is finally drawing to a close, somehow it comes roaring back again. This time, Murray is the one who’s not ruling out the possibility, however small, of his involvement. Also after the jump:
- Photos from Expendables 2, MIB3, and G.I. Joe
- A revealing new pic of Spock in Star Trek 2
- Maggie Grace talks about Taken 2, again
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The sequel news just keeps on here in another edition of Sequel Bits, the place where, with once click, you can read all of the latest updates on properties with multiple entries. After the jump, you can read about:
- Marc Webb says that Peter Parker’s untold origin in The Amazing Spider-Man will span several movies.
- Ridley Scott goes on a mini-tirade regarding Prometheus, the MPAA and Hollywood box-office
- Maggie Grace describes her character in Taken 2.
- A new commercial for Disney XD’s Tron: Uprising has been revealed.