Posted on Thursday, May 1st, 2014 by Angie Han
We’ve been waiting for Mad Max: Fury Road for what feels like eons, and we’ve still got a little while longer to wait. Though the film started shooting in 2012, it’s not hitting theaters until 2015. And so far, all we’ve seen from it are a couple of on-set photos.
But last night in Burbank, a group of people got to sample a whole lot more. Warner Bros. had a test screening for a rough cut of the film, and the first reactions from the showing have started to come in. After the jump, get a taste of the early buzz from the Mad Max: Fury Road test screening and read a new official plot synopsis.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, April 10th, 2014 by Angie Han
Details about Lego Movie 2 are being kept under wraps, but one thing Chris McKay says we can expect is more female characters. Also after the jump:
- Ivan Reitman is still gung-ho about Ghostbusters 3
- Camera tests are underway for Jurassic World
- Karl Urban wants you to sign the Dredd 2 petition
- Those “Penelope Cruz for Bond 24” rumors might be true
- Kevin James has a new love interest for Paul Blart 2
- Here’s another How to Train Your Dragon poster
- Check out some Mad Max: Fury Road concept art
Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 24th, 2014 by Angie Han
After the jump, get the latest updates on all the sequels you’re looking forward to, along with some you’re probably not.
- Divergent is officially getting a sequel, Insurgent
- Find out when Terminator: Genesis starts shooting
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 2 is opening next spring
- Veronica Mars director addresses sequel speculation
- Blair Witch co-director talks about a potential sequel
- Listen to an energetic tune from the Raid 2 soundtrack
- Sophia Myles shows up in a new Transformers 4 still
- Linkin Park is contributing to Transformers 4
- See a new BTS image from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
- Here’s a new pic of Tom Hardy in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
Everyone’s feeling a little chatty in this quote-heavy edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Evan Daugherty talks G.I. Joe 3 and Snow White and the Huntsman 2
- Julianne Moore‘s The Hunger Games: Mockingjay role has been beefed up
- The Mortal Instruments author teases some City of Ashes spoilers
- Simon Pegg says Star Trek 3 is looking to shoot in the UK, possibly
- Bad Santa 2 will shoot next year, according to Billy Bob Thornton
- Is Steve Aoki working on the Transformers: Age of Extinction soundtrack?
- 2016: Obama’s America filmmaker revisits his predictions in an update
- Keanu Reeves says Bill & Ted 3‘s heavy CG costs are holding it back
- George Miller confirms Mel Gibson won’t appear in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read More »
Warner Bros. has chosen a berth for the fourth Mad Max film from writer/director George Miller. Mad Max: Fury Road, in which Tom Hardy takes over the title role from original star Mel Gibson, will be in theaters (in 3D) on May 15, 2015. That’s two weeks after Avengers: Age of Ultron and one week before Brad Bird’s Tomorrowland. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
There are new posters for Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, and Monsters: The Dark Continent, but I’m pretty psyched to hear that a sequel to Society is still in development. So that’s the first thing up after the break in this Sequel Bits, with the posters and comments from Tom Hardy about Mad Max and Michael Fassbender about Prometheus 2 after the break. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, October 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
George Miller‘s Mad Max: Fury Road will get some synthetic beats courtesy of Junkie XL. The Dutch composer and producer (real name Tom Holkenborg) will score the long-gestating sequel, as reported by Manly Movie after the artist teased the news on Twitter.
Holkenborg composed the scores for this summer’s Paranoia, and the upcoming 300: Rise of an Empire. Additionally, he has worked on the soundtracks for Man of Steel, The Dark Knight Rises, and all three Madagascar movies. Mad Max: Fury Road lands in theaters next year. [via The Playlist]
After the jump, sample some tunes from soundtracks that have already been completed, including Daniel Pemberton‘s for The Counselor and Peter Peter and Peter Kyed‘s for Valhalla Rising.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 4th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s way, way too early to guess what the Harry Potter spinoff Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them might look like, but it’s never too soon to fantasize with producer David Heyman. Also after the jump:
- Sandra Bullock isn’t interested in The Heat 2
- New Fast & Furious 7 pic shows lots of cars, extras
- Night at the Museum 3 will shoot in London and Vancouver
- Futurama returns again, this time in The Simpsons
- Is Mad Max: Fury Road actually awesome?
- See more pics of Michael Bay hard at work on T4
Read More »
A quick glance at the /Film archives reveals the fourth Mad Max movie, Mad Max: Fury Road, has been in the public eye since early 2009. Four years is a normal amount of time for fans to be aware of a movie’s existence (we sometimes hear about movies before scripts exist, for example) but what makes Fury Road so unique is it was supposed to shoot in 2010, then was delayed to a 2012 shoot, and now it’s 2013. The film’s in the can and there’s still no release date in place. The photo above is all we’ve seen.
While most experts tend to think we’ll see George Miller‘s 3D sequel starring Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron in 2014, there’s apparently still work to be done. A new report says the director – who shot the film in Africa last year – is heading to Australia in November for three more weeks of filming. Read More »