Several updates on Celebration, Rebels and Lucasfilm are here along with some awesome rumors about The Force Awakens. Below, read about the following:
- Some new rumors have surfaced about the identity of Lupita Nyong’o‘s character in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and a new location.
- Has one single line leaked from the script of The Force Awakens?
- Read a great article on the crazy security measures surrounding the production of The Force Awakens.
- Lucasfilm is hiring people to work in both physical and digital effects.
- See a limited edition figure of the Christmas special Boba Fett.
- Watch a trailer for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim and read about the art show.
- Who is the mysterious Fulcrum on Star Wars Rebels?
- Star Wars Rebels will go on a holiday break returning in 2015.
- One site breaks down several of the rumors about the ending of The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Two of the actresses in Star Wars Episode VII are in the news, as is Star Wars Rebels, George Lucas and more. Read about all this in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Lupita Nyong’o posted an image of herself in the Star Wars Episode VII crew hat.
- Actress Christina Chong has finished filming Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch two featurettes about Star Wars Rebels featuring new footage and making of information.
- Alex Ross reveals a variant cover of the new Marvel Comics Star Wars #1.
- George Lucas has some harsh words for the Hollywood studio system.
- Star Wars Episode VII made Abu Dhabi a hot filming spot.
- German TV is getting an all Star Wars TV station in December.
Read More »
The biggest fun piece of Star Wars Episode VII speculation this week centered on the villains. Star Wars website MakingStarWars ran an elaborate rumor about the nature of the film’s bad guys, only to have the statement refuted by another site, TheForce.net. The latter said the first rumor was 100% inaccurate… but J.J. Abrams also said Khan wasn’t in Star Trek Into Darkness.
Which is why, at this point in the game, it’s hard to take anything as true. Even quotes from the filmmakers themselves could by lies this far out, which is why Star Wars fans have to have their rumor deflector shields up at all times. Unless it’s reported by StarWars.com, it’s a rumor, no matter if you read it here, on a Star Wars fan site, or anywhere else.
That said, a new wrinkle to that villain rumor mill has now been unearthed. Latino Review claims the original rumor, while mostly false, does have a few very important pieces of truth in it. What are they? We’ll reveal those potentials spoiler below. Read More »
Lupita Nyong’o only just arrived as a feature actress, via her tremendous Oscar-winning performance in 12 Years a Slave. Now, after completing a role in Non-Stop and booking a gig in Star Wars Episode VII, she’s making a step that takes some actors a very long time to achieve. Rather than waiting for her ideal role to come around, she is producing an adaptation of the novel Americanah, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. The novel is an epic love story that crosses continents and explores modern immigration, race, and the search for a homeland. Read More »
Those who were upset that the first big wave of Star Wars Episode VII casting did not include more women can breathe a bit easier. Lupita Nyong’o (Non-Stop, and winner of the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for 12 Years a Slave) and Gwendoline Christie (Game of Thrones) have just been added to the cast. Read More »
Today’s bombshell news of the primary cast for J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars Episode VII was met with one major and valid piece of criticism. Of all the new additions, only one woman – Daisy Ridley – was part of the cast. This was odd for a few reasons, the most obviously being huge gender imbalance but also because the original casting breakdowns had two female parts. It seems one last Star Wars female character has yet to be cast. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Idris Elba is getting some talented company in Disney’s The Jungle Book. Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong’o are reportedly in talks for the Jon Favreau-directed feature, a live-action/CG hybrid based on Rudyard Kipling‘s classic tales. Hit the jump to find out which characters they’ll be playing.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Oscar-winner Lupita Nyong’o has met with, and may sign on for, a key role in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode 7. The 12 Years A Slave star reportedly is “extremely close” to playing a role not related to the original trilogy. It may be a Sith or a descendant of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Read More »