Clive Owen is going from early 20th century New York to futuristic outer space, thanks to director Luc Besson. The Knick star has joined Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevingne in Valerian, a sci-fi epic based on a long-running comic series by Pierre Christin and Jean-Claude Mézières. Get all the details details on the Clive Owen Valerian casting after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, May 12th, 2015 by Russ Fischer
Luc Besson, coming off the surprise smash Lucy, is preparing to adapt a long-running and influential set of Belgian science fiction stories co-created by one of his visual designers on The Fifth Element. The Valérian and Laureline stories feature a pair of galactic adventurers on wide-ranging missions across space and time. The two characters debuted in 1967 in comics by Pierre Christin and Jean-Claude Mezieres, the latter of whom ended up working on The Fifth Element. Besson has planned to make a film adapting the comics for the past couple years, and now he’s in position to move forward.
So Besson will write and direct his Valérian and Laureline movie — called Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, with Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevingne starring in the lead roles. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 19th, 2015 by Angie Han
Jason Statham may be done with the Transporter series, but as they say in showbiz, the extremely lucrative action franchise must go on. So EuropaCorp is pressing onward with The Transporter Refueled, starring what they hope will be the next Jason Statham. His name is Ed Skrein, and you might remember him as Daario 1.0 from Game of Thrones. Check out The Transporter Refueled trailer after the jump.
Posted on Friday, August 22nd, 2014 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Patrick Warburton will return for Ted 2
- Luc Besson says there won’t be a Lucy 2
- See set photos from Mission: Impossible 5
- Frank Miller is already plotting Sin City 3
- Take a peek at the Dead Snow 2 poster
- Vincent D’Onofrio talks Jurassic World
- The Croods 2 and Puss in Boots 2 get moved
- Bond 24 will visit a small town in Austria
- Watch the trailer for MTV’s Drumline 2
Posted on Monday, August 4th, 2014 by Russ Fischer
There’s a new Transporter series in production. The picture being made now is called Transporter Legacy and stars Ed Skrein as the character originated by Jason Statham in 2002. Game of Thrones fans will recognize Skrein as the original actor who played the mercenary Daario Naharis in the series’ third season. In fact, this new Transporter series is the reason Skrein dropped out of Game of Thrones.
The new film is planned as the first chapter in a new trilogy. Luc Besson’s company EuropaCorp is behind the new series (the company also made the original films) and a deal is in place with Relativity Media to release the film and theoretical sequels in the US. Read More »
Posted on Friday, July 25th, 2014 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Matt Reeves and Mark Bomback drop some Apes hints
- Luc Besson says it’s “too late” for a The Professional sequel
- 24 could still get a movie sequel, or another TV season
- Mad Max: Fury Road reveals a few more images
Posted on Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 by Angie Han
It’s a total myth that humans use only 10% of their brains, but where would Hollywood be if action-thrillers were bound to scientific fact? In the new Lucy international trailer, Scarlett Johansson plays a young woman who ingests a drug that allows her to access the other 90% of her mental capacity.
This gives her superpowers, like enhanced strength and agility and the ability to move things with her mind. Which, again, doesn’t really make any sense in any scientific sense — but works perfectly as an excuse to have Johansson kick lots of ass for writer-director Luc Besson. Watch the Lucy international trailer after the jump.
Posted on Thursday, April 24th, 2014 by Angie Han
Sequels: They aren’t just for movies anymore! Today’s Sequel Bits includes updates on CBS’ How I Met Your Mother spinoff How I Met Your Dad, Lifetime’s Flowers in the Attic sequel Petals on the Wind, and Fox’s 24 follow-up 24: Live Another Day. Also after the jump:
- Rebel Wilson tweets a look at Pitch Perfect 2 rehearsals
- Another Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie is coming
- Luc Besson doesn’t sound so sure about a Lucy sequel
- … but he seems quite certain Taken 3 has the best script of the series
- Speaking of which, here’s how to be an extra in Taken 3
- The Crouching Tiger prequel will go to the land of the hobbits
Posted on Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014 by Russ Fischer
This week you can see Scarlett Johansson as a super-capable intelligence agent in Captain American: The Winter Soldier and as an alien in Under the Skin. Her next big role will be in Luc Besson‘s Lucy, in which she plays a normal woman who becomes almost superhuman, and then evolves to a point where she’s nearly alien. The first Lucy trailer is out, and it shows just how bizarre life gets for this woman. Read More »