Posted on Friday, April 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
Netflix reveals posters, stills, and a clip from the new season of Arrested Development. Also after the jump:
- What was the unaired original Game of Thrones pilot like?
- Yahoo gets exclusive access to the 38-season SNL archive
- Corey Stoll lands Guillermo del Toro‘s FX drama The Strain
- AMC forays into the science-fiction genre with Line of Sight
- Hannibal‘s unaired episode has been turned into a web series
- See a new poster and pic from the newly revived The Killing
- Watch a trailer for The Rock‘s new reality competition show
- Peek behind the scenes of Christopher Guest‘s Family Tree
- Dexter conducts his final symphony in an artsy new trailer
Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 12th, 2011 by Angie Han
Each December since 2004, studio executive Franklin Leonard has compiled the best unproduced screenplays of the year, as voted by hundreds of execs, agency guys, and high-level assistants. Titled The Black List, the compendium highlights both established screenwriters and up-and-comers, and has served as a launching pad in the past for projects like Juno, Lars and the Real Girl, and (500) Days of Summer. Last year’s list included Margin Call, Crazy, Stupid, Love, The Hunger Games, and Snow White and the Huntsman.
It should be noted that the headline is somewhat misleading — some of these screenplays have already been acquired and are already in development, though according to Leonard none will have entered principal photography by December 31, 2011. Also worth pointing out is that, as in previous years, there have been rumors that some of the participants have been accused of using the Black List to promote their own clients or friends. Finally, as Leonard reminds us each time, “The Black List is not a ‘best of’ list. It is, at best, a ‘most liked’ list.”
Regardless, we can always rely on the Black List to stir up conversation among both industry insiders and outside spectators alike, so without further ado, hit the jump for the complete 2011 list.
Read More »
Ben Affleck is about to shoot Argo, his third directorial effort, which tells the tale of a CIA crew attempting to extricate hostages from Tehran by posing as a film crew. But he’s already setting up possible projects to follow Argo, and a new one is Line of Sight. This is a Joel Silver film about “an elite commando squad transporting cargo while dealing with a global threat.” And, in a wrinkle that is unusual for Affleck, who has so far demonstrated himself to be a fairly traditional and controlled director, there is an almost experimental video game influence on this project. Read More »
Warner Bros. has been on a tear in the past few days, buying material for new films and/or setting up screenwriters to develop projects for the studio. After the break, we’ve got info on the following three projects, each of which is quite a bit different from the others:
- The David Dobkin script Arthur & Lancelot, which (as you’d guess) is a new telling of the Arthurian legend, only with a new spin.
- The new Nicholas Sparks novel, The Best of Me.
- And Halo: Reach writer Peter O’Brien will rewrite the action film Line of Sight. Read More »