Posted on Wednesday, January 27th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
Star Wars: The Force Awakens is stuffed full of so many easter eggs and hidden in-jokes that you could write an entire article trying to track down as many as humanly possible. And just when you think you’ve got to the bottom of them all – A cameo from Daniel Craig! A Stormtrooper voiced by Kevin Smith – another little piece piece of trivia rears its head. Well, here’s the latest piece of information you can use to inform you friends and frighten strangers at bars: the Force Awakens cantina scene features the vocal stylings of director J.J. Abrams.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The week has finally come, a new Star Wars film will hit movie theaters in just a few days. The world premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens takes place tonight in Hollywood, and the first reactions are probably coming shortly after that. I’m extremely fortunate to be attending the premiere tonight and am so excited. I will give you my reaction afterwards on twitter (non-spoiler of course, followed by more in-depth review on the site later in the week). Okay, lets take a look at the latest Star Wars: The Force Awakens news and tidbits:
- Steven Spielberg recommended that Disney hire J.J. Abrams for Force Awakens.
- Adam Driver’s response to the question of if Force Awakens will be better than the prequels.
- See new behind the scenes photos featuring Daisy Ridley and John Boyega.
- Find out how Jakku market merchant Bobbajo was created
- Learn more about Andy Serkis‘ character Supreme Leader Snoke
- How the Force Awakens world premiere in Hollywood is “bigger than the Oscars”
- Is Force Awakens about Star Wars fandom and is Kylo Ren just a huge Star Wars geek?
- J.J. Abrams designed Rey’s outfit so that it would be simple enough that kids could doodle it in class
- Preview some of the limited edition “Galaxy Premiere” merchandise which will be sold in select theaters
- John Boyega talks Force Awakens deleted scenes
- Watch BB-8 explore London.
- Header photo thanks to HeroicHollywood
All this and more in today’s Force Awakens Bits. Alright Chewie, Punch it! Hit the jump for hyperspace!
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, December 1st, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Fans of space operas and historical musicals rejoice! Just when you thought Star Wars: The Force Awakens had achieved mass cultural saturation, the year’s most anticipated film went out and recruited Lin-Manuel Miranda, the star, composer and lyricist of the massively popular Broadway show Hamilton. Lucasfilm and director J.J. Abrams had the nerds and families locked down tight – now they’ve going after that elusive musical theater crowd.
But in all seriousness, it’s like the folks behind the scenes of the Star Wars machine had a big meeting and wondered “Hmm, how can we get Jacob Hall of /Film more excited in a movie he’s already frothing at the mouth to see?” And they’ve found a way. Damn you, Star Wars. You’ve got me.
Read on for more Lin-Manuel Miranda Star Wars news.
Read More »
Oliver Stone‘s adaptation of the novel Savages, in which two pot-dealing friends are roped into working for the drug cartel that kidnaps their young female companion, is becoming a hot property. The combination of a young cast, a long-established major director and lively material tends to do that. Multiple studios were in contention for distribution rights, and Universal has taken the brass ring.
Aaron Johnson and Taylor Kitsch are the leads; Benicio Del Toro and Salma Hayek are looking like the two key cartel characters, and multiple actresses are reading for the role of the female friend. Blake Lively, Abbie Cornish & Teresa Palmer are all said to be possible names, though Deadline also says Oliver Stone might go with a ‘discovery.’ Oliver Stone, Shane Salerno and novel author Don Winslow are working on the script now.
After the break, a total change of gears: a Universal film based on the musical In the Heights is no longer happening, for the moment. Read More »