UPDATE: We’ve added a secondand banner featuring Lee Pace as the Elvenking, Thranduil and Luke Evans as Bard the Bowman
Coming out of Telluride, Toronto, Fantastic Fest and now the New York Film Festival, most of the Fall movie talk has been focused on awards contenders. Among film fans, films like Rush, Gravity and 12 Years A Slave have all the buzz moving into the Fall. But the people who don’t follow festival coverage are still probably focused on the big blockbusters, and one of the biggest will have a new trailer Tuesday.
That movie, of course, is Peter Jackson‘s The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, opening December 13. In anticipation of the trailer, which should drop at 9am EST Tuesday, Warner Bros. has released three cool new banners. Check it out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
During Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Iron Man, Black Widow and Captain America are dealing with villains on Earth, Thor is back on Asgard and we assume Hulk and Hawkeye are around somewhere. But James Gunn‘s Guardians of the Galaxy also falls in the pre-Avengers: Age of Ultron release window. Just how connected its story is to The Avengers will be a big topic of discussion all the way up to August 1, 2014.
Based on comments and the Comic-Con panel, the prevailing belief is that Guardians (obviously) takes place in the same universe, but might not intersect with the Avengers gang before they tangle with Ultron. Now Marvel President Kevin Feige gives us a bit more information on that, revealing exactly when Guardians of the Galaxy takes place as well as who the main bad guy is. Read More »
Posted on Saturday, July 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
One year after Guardians of the Galaxy was officially announced at Comic-Con, the Guardians of the Galaxy cast and crew descended upon Hall H with the first footage from the new movie. Guardians is in Day 13 or 14 of shooting in London, but the team took the day off to fly into San Diego for Comic-Con. They were rewarded with an enthusiastic reception.
Director James Gunn and stars Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, Benicio del Toro, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, and Chris Pratt were at the panel to present the reel, as well as to dish out a few spare details about their characters. Hit the jump to get the details.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
Rick Moranis isn’t locked in for Ghostbusters 3 yet, but if you’re curious where he thinks his character Louis Tully would’ve ended up, he has some ideas. Also after the jump:
- Peter Jackson discusses the extended cut An Unexpected Journey
- … and you can check out new behind-the-scenes pic from Desolation of Smaug
- Jack Horner says the most recent Jurassic Park 4 plot “didn’t pass muster”
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura has been in touch with actors about Red 3
- Aussie electronic duo Empire of the Sun will score Dumb and Dumber To
- Benjamin Bratt talks about replacing Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2
- Doug Jones is still holding out hope for a third Hellboy
- Val Kilmer‘s Heat sequel idea involves being married to Natalie Portman
- See a poster for Warwick Davis‘ (fake) proposed Willow sequel
Read More »
What Clark Gregg is to The Avengers, John C. Reilly could soon be to the Guardians of the Galaxy. HitFix is reporting the Oscar-nominated actor known for roles in Boogie Nights, Chicago and Step Brothers has been offered the role of Rhomann Dey in James Gunn‘s 2014 cosmic Marvel team-up movie. The role is basically a human go-between for the Guardians (Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana and more to be announced) and S.H.I.E.L.D. back on Earth. Plus, if you know the comics, he might have a little superhero in his future too. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013 by Angie Han
Having cast several good guys already for Guardians of the Galaxy, James Gunn is now moving on to the film’s bad guy. According to a new report, Lee Pace is closing in on a deal to play the villain.
The character’s identity is officially being kept under wraps, though we’ve heard it’ll be The Controller. Pace joins Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Michael Rooker, and Ophelia Lovibond. Hit the jump to keep reading.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
David Brent is coming back, as is Whose Line It Anyway? Also after the jump:
- Lee Pace, Angela Kinsey, Michael Ealy and more book pilots
- Entourage‘s Rhys Chorio will drop by Dexter next season
- Ron Livingston and Brian Geraghty join Boardwalk Empire
- FX’s Archer and Syfy’s Lost Girl get renewals
- Goodwin Games, Louis CK‘s new special get premiere dates
- The CW cancels 90210 and moves Cult to Fridays
- AMC confirms Scott Gimple as the new Walking Dead showrunner
- Dylan McDermott drops a hint about American Horror Story
- Most PaleyFest 2013 panels will stream live online
- Netflix announces the Flixies awards
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
I like this Lee Pace guy. He’s awesome in Lincoln, was great in Pushing Daisies and is sure to be good in The Hobbit, once his character appears. The actor hit the red carpet for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey this week and confirmed he’s auditioning for James Gunn‘s Guardians of the Galaxy on Monday, loves the script and has been researching the Star-Lord. Watch the interview below. Read More »