This week marks the 20th anniversary of Space Jam, a movie that brings about all sorts of nostalgic memories for children of the 90s. As someone who enjoyed the film growing up, I can’t say that it has aged well, and despite the superstar status of Michael Jordan, he wasn’t exactly the most charismatic actor to put up alongside Bugs Bunny and some of the most iconic cartoons of all time.
But still, Space Jam has plenty of fans, and with the anniversary hitting this week, several outlets spoke to director Joe Pytka this week, and he revealed that director Spike Lee was almost part of the development of the original movie during the screenwriting phase. In addition, he mentioned one abandoned plan for a sequel involving another iconic athlete: Tiger Woods. And for everyone who is either excited or upset about the developing Space Jam 2, the director has some thoughts about that as well. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, September 22nd, 2016 by Jack Giroux
Mark Wahlberg has been on a roll with director Peter Berg, but a few years before the two started working together, Wahlberg was known more for his creative partnership with David O. Russell. The actor had a hand in the director’s big comeback with The Fighter, but after that drama, the two have yet to make another film together. That may change soon, though, since Wahlberg is now working with Russell on a biopic about Father Stuart Long.
There’s also another new Mark Wahlberg project in the works involving LeBron James. Below, learn more about these new Mark Wahlberg projects.
Read More »
Over two years ago, a rumor began circulating that Warner Bros. Pictures might be putting together a Space Jam sequel with NBA player and Trainwreck star LeBron James in the lead role. However, shortly after the rumor spread it was shot down. Then last summer, the athlete signed a movie and TV deal with the studio, reigniting speculation that Space Jam 2 could actually happen. Now the sequel is officially in development Get the details below. Read More »
Posted on Sunday, August 16th, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Outlander‘s Tobias Menzies signs up for Underworld 5
- Dave Franco is also moving back in for Neighbors 2
- Jack Reacher 2 is gearing up for a fall shoot
- Jurassic World returns to IMAX 3D for one week only
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 reveals first images; John Stamos joins the cast
- Mrs. Doubtfire 2 definitely won’t happen without Robin Williams
- LeBron James is hoping for a Space Jam 2
- Sinister 2 drops a new clip and a featurette
- Lionsgate’s latest Hunger Games ad is accidentally NSFW
- Simon Pegg talks about feeling “pressure” as the writer of Star Trek Beyond
- Chris Pine and Idris Elba bicker (for charity) on the set of Star Trek Beyond
Read More »
Posted on Friday, July 31st, 2015 by Angie Han
In typical Judd Apatow fashion, Trainwreck runs a bit long, thanks in part to its lengthy improvised riffs. But even at 125 minutes, Trainwreck had to leave a few bits of comedy gold on the cutting room floor. So Universal has released some of the best unused lines in a hilarious Trainwreck outtakes video. Watch it after the jump.
Read More »
There are only a couple weeks left in the blockbuster season, but there are still plenty of big stories to be excited about coming soon. This edition of the Best Stories of the Week includes updates on Minecraft, a sequel to Jurassic World, easter eggs from Ant-Man an uncertain future for the Terminator franchise and confirmation of a Fantastic Four and X-Men crossover in the works.
Below you’ll also find new trailers for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2, the latest James Bond adventure Spectre and the full trailer for Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur. Check out all this and the rest of the Best Stories of the Week after the jump! Read More »
On July 22nd 2015, Warner Bros. announced LeBron James a partnership that will cover projects ranging in TV, film and original digital content, spawning further speculation that Space Jam 2 is in the works.
Update: After the jump we’ve included a video of Jimmy Kimmel mocking Space Jam fans who are outraged over the latest Space Jam 2 rumors
Read More »
Posted on Friday, July 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Arnie is optimistic about Shane Black‘s Predator sequel.
- Terminator 5 scribes talk James Cameron, time travel, and deleted scenes.
- Samuel L. Jackson is totally up for another Unbreakable movie.
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make a third Kill Bill someday.
- The M:I5 plane stunt was inspired in part by Uncharted.
- Pacific Rim 2 could help get Hellboy 3 made… if it’s a hit.
- Sinister 2 distributes a series of creepy “collector’s cards.”
- Patrick Wilson shares a photo from the Conjuring 2 set.
- Milla Jovovich gets to work on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Donate to charity for a chance to win a role in Star Trek Beyond.
- LeBron James (jokingly) pitches an idea for Trainwreck 2.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Knowing the comedy of Amy Schumer and Judd Apatow, you get the feeling there aren’t many clips from the upcoming Trainwreck that are safe for work. They did manage to find one, though. It features Bill Hader‘s character calling Schumer’s character the day after they sleep together. Notoriously promiscuous, Schumer’s character and her friend (Vanessa Bayer) are very confused at the seemingly normal, kind gesture. Hader’s friend, on the other hand, is loving it. Oh, and his friend is NBA MVP Lebron James.
Trainwreck opens July 17. Watch the first Trainwreck clip below. Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 16th, 2015 by Angie Han
Ten years have passed since Judd Apatow made his feature directing debut with The 40-Year-Old Virgin, but none of his films since have quite been able to surpass that first one. None, that is, until Trainwreck. If the early buzz out of SXSW is to be believed, his latest romantic comedy represents a new high mark for the comedy director.
Apatow’s not-so-secret weapon this time is Amy Schumer, who stars and wrote the script. In some ways, it’s familiar territory for Apatow — Schumer plays a woman who doesn’t quite have her life together, until she meets the one person who might finally inspire her to move forward — but Schumer’s unique sensibility puts a fresh spin on his perspective. Get the Trainwreck early buzz after the jump. Read More »