The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next the power of Star Wars Bits. This week’s news from a galaxy far, far away includes the following:
- Details on The Battle of Jakku and more post-Return of the Jedi info
- Harrison Ford gives advice to new co-stars, uses lightsaber as a cane
- New info on Han Solo and Chewie in The Force Awakens
- BB-8 on the cover of Make magazine
- Comic-Con interviews with J.J. Abrams and cast
- George Lucas to be honored at D23
- Science Channel ILM documentary special teaser clip
- Kevin Smith got screwed by Star Wars at Comic-Con
- Production designer talks mandate for authenticity in Episode VII
- Amy Schumer‘s saucy Star Wars photoshoot for GQ
- New details on Star Wars Battlefront gameplay
- Gary Whitta on Star Wars and the Comic-Con experience
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Comic Con hasn’t even begun in San Diego and the Star Wars news is already starting to heat up. Earlier today we learned that Darth Vader will appear in Star Wars: Rogue One, and now we are hearing that The LEGO Movie directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord are developing a Star Wars Anthology stand-alone movie focusing on Han Solo. Hit the jump to learn about the Han Solo standalone movie.
Read More »
Lando Calrissian may not be in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but the character is having a renaissance. He appeared in Star Wars Rebels, is returning next season, and is even about to get his own comic book series. But when it comes to Star Wars, the movies are the most important thing and in a new interview, Force Awakens co-writer Lawrence Kasdan has some bad news and good news. The bad news is Lando is not in Episode 7. The good news is he thinks Lando will make a big screen return.
Below, read exactly what Kasdan had to say about Lando and talking about the potential length of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Read More »
Everything from actual on-set news and casting, to television and merchandise is in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Harrison Ford is injured on the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Lawrence Kasdan is again rumored to write Boba Fett spinoff.
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars gets a premiere date.
- Gareth Edwards talks his Star Wars spin-off, which will be shot in the UK.
- See a new image of the Hot Wheels Darth Vader Comic-Con exclusive.
- John Boyega‘s father may have a role in Episode VII.
- The Abu Dhabi Episode VII sets are likely to be preserved.
- Lego Star Wars Lightsaber Set gets 10,000 supporters.
- Buy a replica of Han Solo‘s Bespin Outfit.
- Four new Star Wars art pieces will be out Friday from Acme Archives.
Read More »
Here’s one of those stories you can file under “Obviously.” During The Walt Disney Company quarterly earning stockholders call, company CEO Bob Iger offered an update on the Star Wars spin off movies. He said “at least three” spin offs are now in development to be released alongside the main sequel trilogy. In previous updates, Iger and others have only said there were two. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Briefly: Looks like we got our Star Wars Episode VII surprise from the official Star Wars camp. Co-writers J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan uploaded a little “May the 4th Be With You” greeting from London where work continues on the film. It’s a short, short video but Abrams says mentions that “casting announcements” will continue. Check out the J.J. Abrams Star Wars Day video below. Read More »
As little as we’ve heard about Star Wars Episode VII, we’ve heard even less about what’s coming next. The plan was originally for a Star Wars spin-off/origin film to hit in 2016, followed by Star Wars Episode VIII in 2017, another spin off/origin in 2018, and then Episode IX in 2019. And while we don’t know that’s not still the plan, everyone involved has gotten awfully quiet about it.
Which brings us to Thursday. Several Star Wars websites reported Disney that Lucasfilm executives had an ultra-secret breakfast to discuss the franchise. Whether or not this meeting actually happened is already in question, which should paint this rumor in even a dimmer light. But one site is reporting much of the conversation centered on everyone’s favorite bounty hunter Boba Fett.
Fett is potentially one of the characters either Simon Kinberg or Lawrence Kasdan are writing a spin-off movie for but that may have run into some difficulties because of Fett’s allegiances. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Mark Hamill still won’t confirm his Star Wars Episode VII casting, but he doesn’t have to because Carrie Fisher has already done it for him. Also after the jump:
- Judi Dench is the latest actor hit with Episode VII rumors
- The Boba Fett spinoff may change a few things from Episode II
- Animation on the first episode of Star Wars Rebels is complete
- Disney doesn’t have the Star Wars 1313 trademark anymore
- Here’s how to win a trip Skywalker Ranch and help Make-A-Wish
Read More »
The Star Wars spinoff written by Lawrence Kasdan is, in fact, a Boba Fett movie. So says Hollywood director and animator Jon Schnepp. Read about that, and the following, in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Get a good look at the Star Wars Rebels villain The Inquisitor via his toy.
- Watch Star Wars highlights from the Tournament of Roses parade.
- Read about the upcoming Random House book Maul Lockdown.
- Sideshow Collectibles reveals Star Wars toy designs by Ralph McQuarrie.
Read More »