Han Solo is coming back to movie screens, and it won’t just be through the return of Harrison Ford to the role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Lucasfilm is also developing a Star Wars Anthology movie focused on a younger Han Solo. And, given that the Star Wars prequels featured a very young, perhaps too-young Anakin Skywalker, we’ve wondered what the story will be for the Han Solo film, and how old he’ll be.
While we still don’t know the story for the film that Phil Lord and Chris Miller (The LEGO Movie, 21 Jump Street) will direct for a 2018 release, we do know that Han will likely be in his late teens or early ’20s in that film. Kathleen Kennedy of Lucasfilm has a lot to say about the spin-off, even at this early stage, and we’ve got her comments, along with talk from co-writer Lawrence Kasdan, below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
What happened when Harrison Ford injured himself on the set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens? Find out why director JJ Abrams says that broken leg was in some weird way the “greatest gift to the movie”.
Read More »
Entertainment Weekly is on a roll with Star Wars coverage from their upcoming Kylo Ren cover issue featuring Star Wars: The Force Awakens. One of the many things their coverage has touched upon is the meaning behind the names of the characters in Episode 7. How did Finn, Rey, Poe Dameron and Kylo Ren get their names? What was director JJ Abrams’ inspiration? Is there a greater meaning to the names? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
Even though we’re still 127 days from seeing Star Wars: The Force Awakens, this movie is the beginning of a plethora of projects all set in a galaxy far, far away. That means there has been a lot of planning behind the scenes with regards to the story arcs of the new characters and returning heroes in Episode VII, and thanks to all the Star Wars details emerging today, we have a better idea of how the future is being planned for the new trilogy.
Director J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy recently spoke about mapping out the new trilogy and emulating the themes of the original movies. There’s also chatter about just how much creative freedom director and writer Rian Johnson has on Star Wars Episode 8, despite having a basic idea of where the characters in the Star Wars universe are headed. Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Have the current Disneyland Star Wars Land plans been rejected by the Disney board?
- Disney head Bob Iger tries to temper huge box office expectations for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Exclusive extras to come with Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars Disney Infinity bundles at select retailers.
- Simon Kinberg describes how the brain trust plots the new Star Wars films
- TOYS “R” US will host a Midnight “Force Friday” Celebration
- The header image is a Star Wars: The Force Awakens Apoca Star Destroyer on Jakku created by KevFett2011 with 12,000 lego bricks
- Possible Spoilers: A new rumor claims an iconic Star Wars character might be getting a Force Awakens action figure — even if this is true, does it mean anything for the film?
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next the power of Star Wars Bits. This week’s news from a galaxy far, far away includes the following:
- Details on The Battle of Jakku and more post-Return of the Jedi info
- Harrison Ford gives advice to new co-stars, uses lightsaber as a cane
- New info on Han Solo and Chewie in The Force Awakens
- BB-8 on the cover of Make magazine
- Comic-Con interviews with J.J. Abrams and cast
- George Lucas to be honored at D23
- Science Channel ILM documentary special teaser clip
- Kevin Smith got screwed by Star Wars at Comic-Con
- Production designer talks mandate for authenticity in Episode VII
- Amy Schumer‘s saucy Star Wars photoshoot for GQ
- New details on Star Wars Battlefront gameplay
- Gary Whitta on Star Wars and the Comic-Con experience
Read More »
Comic Con hasn’t even begun in San Diego and the Star Wars news is already starting to heat up. Earlier today we learned that Darth Vader will appear in Star Wars: Rogue One, and now we are hearing that The LEGO Movie directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord are developing a Star Wars Anthology stand-alone movie focusing on Han Solo. Hit the jump to learn about the Han Solo standalone movie.
Read More »
Lando Calrissian may not be in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but the character is having a renaissance. He appeared in Star Wars Rebels, is returning next season, and is even about to get his own comic book series. But when it comes to Star Wars, the movies are the most important thing and in a new interview, Force Awakens co-writer Lawrence Kasdan has some bad news and good news. The bad news is Lando is not in Episode 7. The good news is he thinks Lando will make a big screen return.
Below, read exactly what Kasdan had to say about Lando and talking about the potential length of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Read More »
Everything from actual on-set news and casting, to television and merchandise is in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Harrison Ford is injured on the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Lawrence Kasdan is again rumored to write Boba Fett spinoff.
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars gets a premiere date.
- Gareth Edwards talks his Star Wars spin-off, which will be shot in the UK.
- See a new image of the Hot Wheels Darth Vader Comic-Con exclusive.
- John Boyega‘s father may have a role in Episode VII.
- The Abu Dhabi Episode VII sets are likely to be preserved.
- Lego Star Wars Lightsaber Set gets 10,000 supporters.
- Buy a replica of Han Solo‘s Bespin Outfit.
- Four new Star Wars art pieces will be out Friday from Acme Archives.
Read More »