Guardians of the Galaxy might be Marvel’s most elaborate film to date when it comes to easter eggs. I’ve watched the film twice now and have noticed a ton of inside jokes, references to characters from the comic books, 1980′s callbacks and more.I attempted to compile the most complete listing of Guardians of the Galaxy easter eggs, including (possible spoilers teased in the following):
- Who is Peter Quill’s father? Does Peter Quill’s mother have a relationship with Captain America?
- The geography of the four revealed Infinity Gems (which stones have been revealed and where are they?)
- Many Marvel comic book characters you didn’t see appear in Guardians (including a prominent female Krylorian techno-artist)
- A look at many of the treasures which can be seen inside The Collector’s museum (who or what is in the cocoon?)
- 8 cameo appearances from filmmakers, actors and even pets revealed (Nathan Fillion and Seth Green, where?)
- The stars behind the CG characters (who played Rocket on set?)
- A look at the 1980′s pop culture references in the film (did you know Star-Lord’s ship is named after a 1980′s television star?)
- How the comic book canon differs from what appeared on screen
- Funny credits and more
Take a look at /Film’s Guardians of the Galaxy easter egg list after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 by Angie Han
The trailers for Storage 24 get better each time. The one released earlier this month was a vast improvement over the generic-looking one we got this summer, and now a red-band version has come along to further up the ante through the power of blood and gore.
The Brit horror flick centers around four attractive young people (Noel Clarke, Antonia Campbell-Hughes, Colin O’Donoghue, and Laura Haddock) stuck in a storage facility when a military plane crash wreaks havoc on the city’s systems. What starts as a minor annoyance becomes a life-or-death situation, however, when they realize that a nasty alien creature is trapped inside with them. Watch the NSFW trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 5th, 2012 by Angie Han
Need a break from the year-end onslaught of prestigious Oscar dramas? Magnet Releasing may have just the genre palate cleanser for you. Directed by Johannes Roberts, Storage 24 follows four Londoners (Antonia Campbell-Hughes, Colin O’Donoghue, Laura Haddock, and Doctor Who‘s Noel Clarke) who get trapped in a storage facility when a military plane crash shuts down the city’s power. Problem is, they’re not the only ones caught inside. Watch the trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, April 16th, 2012 by Angie Han
As usual, this summer season looks to be stuffed with massively hyped, massively budgeted blockbusters, from May’s The Avengers to August’s The Expendables 2. Whenever you tire of glossy, expensive explosions in IMAX 3D, however — and at some point you will — there are plenty of other smaller movies on the calendar that could be worth a look.
After the jump, we have trailers for Maggie Gyllenhaal and Hugh Dancy‘s Victorian-era sex comedy (yes, really) Hysteria, Noel Clarke’s sci-fi thriller Storage 24, and the latest installment of Fox’s kid-friendly Diary of a Wimpy Kid franchise, Dog Days. Watch after the jump.
Read More »