Lots of non-spoiler talk about The Force Awakens and the rest of the Star Wars universe in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- J.J. Abrams and R2-D2 get hit with flying fish on the set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens may have shot in a giant water tank.
- Pinewood Studios will be home to Episode VIII and the Gareth Edwards spin-off.
- Mark Hamill may have filmed The Force Awakens scenes without his beard.
- Simon Pegg creates a link between Spaced and The Force Awakens.
- Daniel Radcliffe talks about hanging out on the Millennium Falcon.
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue is finally coming to Disneyland paris.
- Make your own Force Awakens meme and learn more about the font choice.
- A possible description of a scene in the desert.
Read More »
John Oliver, who came up through the ranks at The Daily Show, is about to debut his own comedy news program, and here’s the first Last Week Tonight With John Oliver trailer. This gig comes after Oliver’s very successful run filling in for Stewart as The Daily Show anchor. Sure, Jon Stewart is still going strong at The Daily Show, and his one-time protege Stephen Colbert is at the top of his game on The Colbert Report. But there’s room for more comedy in news. (Or more news in comedy?)
The show will air each Sunday night on HBO. Presumably Oliver and his writing team will mine some of the same comic vein familiar to viewers of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, only with the language and content freedom that HBO provides.
This trailer pokes fun at the fact that the show won’t exactly be the most timely presentation of the week’s news. It’s a great trailer that really gets across Oliver’s personality, and hopefully augurs good things for the show. Read More »