Posted on Wednesday, November 25th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Kung Fu Panda 3 is only two months away from release and you know what that means – a whole new collection of “Pandas are fat!” jokes. Which is perfectly fine, if fat pandas doing fat panda things is your idea of great comedy. There are definitely some of you out there since they’ve made three of these things.
As we’ve seen in the previous trailers, the third film in DreamWorks Animation’s series will find Jack Black‘s unlikely (because he’s a fat panda) kung fu master reuniting with his long-lost fat panda father, returning to his ancestral fat panda home, and training his fat panda brethren how to kung fu so they can stop an evil villain who is surely going to underestimate an army of fat pandas. A new clip from the film has arrived online and it contains no shortage of fat panda jokes. Hey, if the formula isn’t broken…
Watch the new Kung Fu Panda 3 clip after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, November 12th, 2015 by Angie Han
In this edition of Sequel Bits, Future puts a new spin on the Rocky theme for Creed, Dan Aykroyd praises Paul Feig‘s Ghostbusters, and Daniel Craig continues to smile through the Spectre press tour. Also after the jump:
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson joins Ice Age: Collision Course.
- Kong: Skull Island adds up-and-comer Will Brittain.
- There are no plans (yet) for a Peanuts sequel.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 enters the sound mixing stage.
- Get details on the Jurassic World game that never was.
- What kind of Fantastic Beasts will Newt Scamander find?
Read More »
If seeing Jack Black bring a rather peculiar version of R.L. Stine to life in Goosebumps last month wasn’t your cup of tea, maybe you’ll be more pleased with his return to animation in Kung Fu Panda 3, arriving early next year.
A new Kung Fu Panda 3 trailer has just arrived, giving us more of Po (Black) being reunited with his estranged father (Bryan Cranston). As teased at the end of Kung Fu Panda 2, there’s a whole panda village waiting to meet Po, but the reunion isn’t all bamboo and laughs when a new evil threatens to obliterate them. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s hit it. After the jump:
- Get details on the Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation home video release
- The Olsen twins are “always welcome” to drop by Fuller House
- Drew Goddard says the studio really wanted a Cabin in the Woods 2
- Mia Wasikowska says the Alice in Wonderland sequel has less CG
- Drafthouse Films picks up Klown Forever for distribution in the U.S.
- Now Homeland‘s Damian Lewis is the subject of “next James Bond” rumors
- Exactly how many Aston Martin DB10s were destroyed in the making of Spectre?
- Blade Runner 2 director Denis Villeneuve would like to make a Bond film
- The Art of Kung Fu Panda 3 reveals another look at the sequel
- The cast of Resident Evil 6 shares more photos from the set
Read More »
Normally voice casting for animated movies is done far in advance, mostly because sometimes the performance from each actor voicing the characters informs how the animators will bring the character to life. And because voice recording is done in advance, it’s a rarity to hear of someone being replaced with just under five months before the film’s release.
But that’s exactly what’s happening with Kung Fu Panda 3. Previously, Pitch Perfect star Rebel Wilson was slated to voice a character named Mei Mei, a ribbon-dancing panda who is romantically obsessed with Po. However, Almost Famous star Kate Hudson has now been hired to replace her on the film. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, August 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got new posters, clips, promos, really long pitches for movies that’ll never get made… you name it. After the jump:
- Turns out we already saw those new Star Trek Beyond uniform weeks ago
- Chris Hemsworth shares a selfie to mark the end of Ghostbusters shooting
- Steven Knight has just completed the latest draft of World War Z 2
- Ed Boon reveals the Terminator was considered for Mortal Kombat X
- Director Ed Zwick teases some impressive action for Jack Reacher 2
- Katniss and company stand tall in a new Hunger Games: Mockingjay banner
- Bryan Cranston pays homage to Star Wars in the latest Kung Fu Panda 3 promo
- Thomas sits down for a chat in the first Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials clip
- Max Landis reveals what his American Ultra 2 and Chronicle 2 would have been
Read More »
Annabeth Gish has joined the cast of the X-Files event series to reprise her role from the original series run. Fox announced that Gish will return as FBI Agent Monica Reyes, appearing alongside Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully and David Duchovny as Fox Mulder. The new six-episode series premieres on Sunday, January 24, and we may have to wait that long to see how Gish factors in.
Along with that news, this edition of Sequel Bits contains the following stories:
- Winona Ryder talks Beetlejuice 2,
- A trailer announces the home video release of The Toy Story That Time Forgot,
- The new Ice Age movie gets a new date and title,
- James Wan will produce the new Mortal Kombat film,
- Maybe you’ve heard about a Harry Potter TV series? It’s not a thing.
- William Sadler would like a Bill and Ted 3 part, please.
- There’s a poster for Ride Along 2…
- …and one for Kung Fu Panda 3,
- And Pirates of the Caribbean 5 wraps principal photography.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, June 18th, 2015 by Angie Han
It’s a big challenge to keep a franchise fresh three installments in, but Kung Fu Panda 3 has one big surprise up its sleeve. It turns out Po (voiced by Jack Black) isn’t the last of his kind, as he previously believed. His dad Li (voiced by Bryan Cranston) is still very much alive, and residing among an entire community of big, fat, happy pandas.
But we’re getting ahead of ourselves. First, Po and Li have to find each other, and in the first Kung Fu Panda 3 trailer they do just that. It goes about as well as you’d think. Watch the Kung Fu Panda 3 trailer after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, June 11th, 2015 by Angie Han
Kung Fu Panda 3 will triple down on the panda action. Although Po (voiced by Jack Black) has spent the past two films believing he was the last of his kind, the upcoming threequel will reveal that’s not the case. In fact, there’s a whole secret panda village full of other big, fat, happy bears.
Among them are Po’s biological father Li, voiced by Bryan Cranston, and a female panda named Mei Mei, voiced by Rebel Wilson. Not to mention a bunch of adorable baby pandas that seem to take to Po immediately. Get your Kung Fu Panda 3 first look after the jump. Read More »