We’ve got set photos, release dates and cast announcements. Lots of good stuff in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- It Follows star Maika Monroe joins Independence Day 2.
- Michael Bay posts images of several vehicles from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
- Josh Gad explains how John Lasseter told him about Frozen 2.
- Kevin Smith talks the number of characters and influences for Mallrats 2.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 has been moved up two months.
- Keanu Reeves says Bill and Ted 3 is closer than ever.
- Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday is on Instagram.
- See Penelope Cruz in Zoolander 2.
- The Super Troopers 2 IndieGoGo campaign has ended.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 by Angie Han
Kung Fu Panda 3 has been coming together slowly and steadily for the past few years, but now DreamWorks Animation and director Jennifer Yuh are bringing on some help to pick up the pace. Alessandro Carloni, who worked on both previous Kung Fu Panda movies, will join Yuh as co-director of the upcoming sequel. More on the new Kung Fu Panda 3 director after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 12th, 2014 by Angie Han
At this point you’d have to be a fool to bet against Marvel, and outright crazy to bet against Star Wars. So, not very surprisingly, two major projects have just backed down from competitions against Ant-Man and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Kung Fu Panda 3 has scurried away from its original holiday 2015 release date, while Pan flits over to a weekend not occupied by Ant-Man. More details on the Kung Fu Panda 3 and Pan release date changes after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, April 10th, 2013 by Angie Han
Po will be making a few more famous friends (or foes?) in Kung Fu Panda 3. Bryan Cranston, Mads Mikkelsen, and Rebel Wilson have just boarded the animated sequel, joining returning stars Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, and Seth Rogen.
In addition, Jennifer Yuh Nelson, who directed Kung Fu Panda 2, is back at at the helm, and Guillermo del Toro will once again serve as executive producer. Hit the jump to keep reading.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 by Angie Han
Pandas and hobbits and singletons, oh my! After the jump:
- Marc Webb hints at costume changes for The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- Guillermo del Toro offers Puss in Boots 2 and Kung Fu Panda 3 updates
- Author Helen Fielding has a third Bridget Jones novel due out next fall,
- Listen to Howard Shore‘s full score for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 2 almost received an R rating
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Most movie studios release information about their upcoming slates a year or two at a time. But today DreamWorks Animation released a four-year slate, driven in part by the new distribution deal the company has with Fox, as well as the long lead time needed to make animated films, and also perhaps by the not-so-hot view of the publicly-traded company on Wall Street.
We’ve known that DA has a mind towards heavy sequel production, and that is reflected in this slate, with dates for two more How to Train Your Dragon films, another Kung Fu Panda sequel, and another Madagascar spinoff. But, in addition to films we know about (The Croods, Turbo) there are some other new projects that adapt kids books, and more details on the previously-announced animated Bollywood-style musical. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits is full of fighters, whether they be well-meaning brutes, cuddly panda bears, starving teenagers, or ’80s action stars. After the jump:
- Jennifer Lawrence will make a whole lot of money for Catching Fire
- Mickey Rourke is in talks to reprise play Marv again for Sin City 2
- DreamWorks’ Kung Fu Panda 3 will be a Chinese co-production
- Broken Lizard guy says Super Troopers 2 could shoot this year
- Expendables 2 brings you a motorcycle crashing into a chopper
- Frank Marshall still has no plans for more Back to the Future
Read More »
Be prepared for a lot of Sequel Bits in the next few days and here are just a few. After the jump, read about the following:
- Ken Jeong has signed on for an expanded role in The Hangover Part III.
- DreamWorks Animation is going to make Kung Fu Panda 3.
- Arnold’s son, Patrick Schwarzenegger, will have a small role in Grown Ups 2.
- A teaser trailer for Birdemic II: The Resurrection spoofs The Avengers.
- Joss Whedon has not made a decision about The Avengers 2.
Read More »