It’s that time again. The full list of movies coming to Netflix next month (in the United States) has been released, which means it’s time for us to sift through the titles and pick out everything that you should prioritize. This batch includes some Best Picture winners, a John Hughes classic, the most recent seasons of The CW’s DC Comics TV shows, a brand new movie from director Christopher Guest and much more. Read More »
Posted on Monday, February 29th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
In today’s edition of Sequel Bits:
- Deadpool 2 gets a possible leading lady.
- Transformers 5 is heading to Michigan.
- Yes, Mary Elizabeth Winstead would like her own Die Hard movie.
- 10 Cloverfield Lane continues a long-running J.J. Abrams reference.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 is a gigantic hit in China.
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny faces opposition from theater chains.
Posted on Thursday, December 31st, 2015 by Angie Han
Tl;dr: Every movie franchise you ever loved is coming back, and so are some you never really cared for in the first place. After the jump:
- Edgar Ramirez thinks there will be more Point Breaks.
- Yes, another Indiana Jones movie is coming. Eventually.
- Quentin Tarantino makes more noises about a Kill Bill 3.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 unveils a new poster.
- Will The Conjuring 2 reference The Amityville Horror?
- A new Fantastic Beasts image is all about the No-Maj.
- Plus, new photos from Inferno and Kung Fu Panda 3.
BB-8 is getting all the attention right now, but next year there’ll be another adorably rotund hero trying to steal the spotlight. Actually, there’ll be a whole village of them. DreamWorks has unleashed a new trailer for Kung Fu Panda 3, which once again features Jack Black as the voice of unlikely martial arts master Po.
Po discovers to his delight that not only is his father (voiced by Bryan Cranston) still alive, he’s been tucked away in a secret panda paradise. But his newfound friends and family are threatened by the rise of Kai (J.K. Simmons), a supernatural villain tearing through the country. Watch the new Kung Fu Panda 3 trailer after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, December 14th, 2015 by Jack Giroux
Can’t wait for news on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter or those The Hunger Games prequels? Well, worry no more, because we have some updates on both.
- Check out some Zoolander 2 character posters
- Will Kung Fu Panda 3 be Dreamworks Animation’s comeback?
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter has wrapped shooting
- Jennifer Lawrence shares her thoughts on The Hunger Games prequels
Posted on Wednesday, November 25th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Kung Fu Panda 3 is only two months away from release and you know what that means – a whole new collection of “Pandas are fat!” jokes. Which is perfectly fine, if fat pandas doing fat panda things is your idea of great comedy. There are definitely some of you out there since they’ve made three of these things.
As we’ve seen in the previous trailers, the third film in DreamWorks Animation’s series will find Jack Black‘s unlikely (because he’s a fat panda) kung fu master reuniting with his long-lost fat panda father, returning to his ancestral fat panda home, and training his fat panda brethren how to kung fu so they can stop an evil villain who is surely going to underestimate an army of fat pandas. A new clip from the film has arrived online and it contains no shortage of fat panda jokes. Hey, if the formula isn’t broken…
Watch the new Kung Fu Panda 3 clip after the jump.
Posted on Thursday, November 12th, 2015 by Angie Han
In this edition of Sequel Bits, Future puts a new spin on the Rocky theme for Creed, Dan Aykroyd praises Paul Feig‘s Ghostbusters, and Daniel Craig continues to smile through the Spectre press tour. Also after the jump:
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson joins Ice Age: Collision Course.
- Kong: Skull Island adds up-and-comer Will Brittain.
- There are no plans (yet) for a Peanuts sequel.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 enters the sound mixing stage.
- Get details on the Jurassic World game that never was.
- What kind of Fantastic Beasts will Newt Scamander find?
Posted on Tuesday, November 3rd, 2015 by Ethan Anderton
If seeing Jack Black bring a rather peculiar version of R.L. Stine to life in Goosebumps last month wasn’t your cup of tea, maybe you’ll be more pleased with his return to animation in Kung Fu Panda 3, arriving early next year.
A new Kung Fu Panda 3 trailer has just arrived, giving us more of Po (Black) being reunited with his estranged father (Bryan Cranston). As teased at the end of Kung Fu Panda 2, there’s a whole panda village waiting to meet Po, but the reunion isn’t all bamboo and laughs when a new evil threatens to obliterate them. Read More »
Sequel Bits: ‘Spectre’, ‘Cabin in the Woods’, ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’, ‘Alice Through the Looking Glass’
Posted on Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s hit it. After the jump:
- Get details on the Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation home video release
- The Olsen twins are “always welcome” to drop by Fuller House
- Drew Goddard says the studio really wanted a Cabin in the Woods 2
- Mia Wasikowska says the Alice in Wonderland sequel has less CG
- Drafthouse Films picks up Klown Forever for distribution in the U.S.
- Now Homeland‘s Damian Lewis is the subject of “next James Bond” rumors
- Exactly how many Aston Martin DB10s were destroyed in the making of Spectre?
- Blade Runner 2 director Denis Villeneuve would like to make a Bond film
- The Art of Kung Fu Panda 3 reveals another look at the sequel
- The cast of Resident Evil 6 shares more photos from the set
Posted on Sunday, September 6th, 2015 by Ethan Anderton
Normally voice casting for animated movies is done far in advance, mostly because sometimes the performance from each actor voicing the characters informs how the animators will bring the character to life. And because voice recording is done in advance, it’s a rarity to hear of someone being replaced with just under five months before the film’s release.
But that’s exactly what’s happening with Kung Fu Panda 3. Previously, Pitch Perfect star Rebel Wilson was slated to voice a character named Mei Mei, a ribbon-dancing panda who is romantically obsessed with Po. However, Almost Famous star Kate Hudson has now been hired to replace her on the film. Read More »