Posted on Wednesday, August 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got new posters, clips, promos, really long pitches for movies that’ll never get made… you name it. After the jump:
- Turns out we already saw those new Star Trek Beyond uniform weeks ago
- Chris Hemsworth shares a selfie to mark the end of Ghostbusters shooting
- Steven Knight has just completed the latest draft of World War Z 2
- Ed Boon reveals the Terminator was considered for Mortal Kombat X
- Director Ed Zwick teases some impressive action for Jack Reacher 2
- Katniss and company stand tall in a new Hunger Games: Mockingjay banner
- Bryan Cranston pays homage to Star Wars in the latest Kung Fu Panda 3 promo
- Thomas sits down for a chat in the first Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials clip
- Max Landis reveals what his American Ultra 2 and Chronicle 2 would have been
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Annabeth Gish has joined the cast of the X-Files event series to reprise her role from the original series run. Fox announced that Gish will return as FBI Agent Monica Reyes, appearing alongside Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully and David Duchovny as Fox Mulder. The new six-episode series premieres on Sunday, January 24, and we may have to wait that long to see how Gish factors in.
Along with that news, this edition of Sequel Bits contains the following stories:
- Winona Ryder talks Beetlejuice 2,
- A trailer announces the home video release of The Toy Story That Time Forgot,
- The new Ice Age movie gets a new date and title,
- James Wan will produce the new Mortal Kombat film,
- Maybe you’ve heard about a Harry Potter TV series? It’s not a thing.
- William Sadler would like a Bill and Ted 3 part, please.
- There’s a poster for Ride Along 2…
- …and one for Kung Fu Panda 3,
- And Pirates of the Caribbean 5 wraps principal photography.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, June 18th, 2015 by Angie Han
It’s a big challenge to keep a franchise fresh three installments in, but Kung Fu Panda 3 has one big surprise up its sleeve. It turns out Po (voiced by Jack Black) isn’t the last of his kind, as he previously believed. His dad Li (voiced by Bryan Cranston) is still very much alive, and residing among an entire community of big, fat, happy pandas.
But we’re getting ahead of ourselves. First, Po and Li have to find each other, and in the first Kung Fu Panda 3 trailer they do just that. It goes about as well as you’d think. Watch the Kung Fu Panda 3 trailer after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, June 11th, 2015 by Angie Han
Kung Fu Panda 3 will triple down on the panda action. Although Po (voiced by Jack Black) has spent the past two films believing he was the last of his kind, the upcoming threequel will reveal that’s not the case. In fact, there’s a whole secret panda village full of other big, fat, happy bears.
Among them are Po’s biological father Li, voiced by Bryan Cranston, and a female panda named Mei Mei, voiced by Rebel Wilson. Not to mention a bunch of adorable baby pandas that seem to take to Po immediately. Get your Kung Fu Panda 3 first look after the jump. Read More »
We’ve got set photos, release dates and cast announcements. Lots of good stuff in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- It Follows star Maika Monroe joins Independence Day 2.
- Michael Bay posts images of several vehicles from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
- Josh Gad explains how John Lasseter told him about Frozen 2.
- Kevin Smith talks the number of characters and influences for Mallrats 2.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 has been moved up two months.
- Keanu Reeves says Bill and Ted 3 is closer than ever.
- Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday is on Instagram.
- See Penelope Cruz in Zoolander 2.
- The Super Troopers 2 IndieGoGo campaign has ended.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 by Angie Han
Kung Fu Panda 3 has been coming together slowly and steadily for the past few years, but now DreamWorks Animation and director Jennifer Yuh are bringing on some help to pick up the pace. Alessandro Carloni, who worked on both previous Kung Fu Panda movies, will join Yuh as co-director of the upcoming sequel. More on the new Kung Fu Panda 3 director after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 12th, 2014 by Angie Han
At this point you’d have to be a fool to bet against Marvel, and outright crazy to bet against Star Wars. So, not very surprisingly, two major projects have just backed down from competitions against Ant-Man and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Kung Fu Panda 3 has scurried away from its original holiday 2015 release date, while Pan flits over to a weekend not occupied by Ant-Man. More details on the Kung Fu Panda 3 and Pan release date changes after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, April 10th, 2013 by Angie Han
Po will be making a few more famous friends (or foes?) in Kung Fu Panda 3. Bryan Cranston, Mads Mikkelsen, and Rebel Wilson have just boarded the animated sequel, joining returning stars Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, and Seth Rogen.
In addition, Jennifer Yuh Nelson, who directed Kung Fu Panda 2, is back at at the helm, and Guillermo del Toro will once again serve as executive producer. Hit the jump to keep reading.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 by Angie Han
Pandas and hobbits and singletons, oh my! After the jump:
- Marc Webb hints at costume changes for The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- Guillermo del Toro offers Puss in Boots 2 and Kung Fu Panda 3 updates
- Author Helen Fielding has a third Bridget Jones novel due out next fall,
- Listen to Howard Shore‘s full score for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part 2 almost received an R rating
Read More »