Posted on Friday, November 20th, 2015 by Angie Han
Melissa McCarthy seemingly can do no wrong when it comes to the box office, and she’ll try to continue her hot streak next year with two more new comedies. We’ve already heard all about one of them, Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters reboot, and today we finally have a first look at the other.
The Boss stars McCarthy as, well, the boss. Not as in Bruce Springsteen, but as in the epitome of every terrible, shady, ruthless corporate boss that sank the economy. After Michelle Darnell is finally convicted for insider trading, she re-emerges from prison ready to start fresh. The comedy is directed by McCarthy’s frequent collaborator (and real-life husband) Ben Falcone, who also directed her in Tammy.
Watch The Boss trailer after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Over a year ago we learned that comedian and Punk’d prankster turned actor Dax Shepard was taking on quite the responsibility by writing, directing and starring in a big screen adaptation of the popular NBC television series CHiPs.
The series has been filling out the supporting cast in recent months, and now one more unsurprising addition has just been revealed as Kristen Bell, who is the real-life wife of Dax Shepard, will have a role in the movie. Read More »
Posted on Monday, July 13th, 2015 by Angie Han
For a low-rated series that lasted just three seasons, Veronica Mars sure has had a long afterlife. It came back last year in the form of a feature film, accompanied by a CW Seed digital spinoff and a series of books. Now Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas has revealed it could return yet again, this time as a limited TV series.
More on the possible Veronica Mars limited series after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
While we wait and see whether the Veronica Mars movie ever gets a sequel, the Neptune gang is reuniting for something a little different. The web series Play It Again, Dick will take a meta approach to the noir cult hit, following Veronica Mars actor Ryan Hansen as he tries to convince his old co-stars (including Kristen Bell and Jason Dohring) to help get a Dick Casablancas-centric Veronica Mars spinoff in motion.
If the first Play It Again Dick trailer is any indication, that’ll be way easier said than done. Hit the jump to watch the first promo.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 by Angie Han
The whole Neptune gang is reuniting, but it’s not for a sequel per se. Kristen Bell, Jason Dohring, Ryan Hansen, and more are set to star in Play It Again, Dick, a Veronica Mars spinoff about a Veronica Mars spinoff.
In keeping with the meta angle of the web series, the actors will be playing both themselves and their Veronica Mars characters. As creator Rob Thomas puts it, it’s the cast of Veronica Mars meets the “L.A. ‘reality'” of Party Down. Hit the jump for all the details.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 by Angie Han
This Sequel Bits covers everything from the family-friendly sweetness of How to Train Your Dragon 2 to the gritty, grown-up delights of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. After the jump:
- CBS isn’t interested in How I Met Your Dad
- Wesley Snipes is game for White Men Can’t Jump 2
- Kristen Bell would absolutely do another Frozen
- Octavia Spencer gets on board for Insurgent
- Bond 24 will feature a Scandinavian Bond girl
- Grimlock gets a Transformers: Age of Extinction banner
- Get a taste of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For in GIF form
- Watch another cute clip from How to Train Your Dragon 2
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 13th, 2014 by Angie Han
Whether you like family-friendly animated adventures or hard-R action thrillers, someone out there is trying to make a sequel for you. After the jump:
- Kristen Bell would do Frozen 2 “in a heartbeat”
- Sullivan Stapleton really wants there to be another 300
- Jean Claude Van Damme would like to be in Expendables 4
- The Raid 3 won’t get going “for a couple of years”
- Fast & Furious 7 is heading to Abu Dhabi to shoot
- Leigh Whannell doesn’t know anything about Saw 8
- … but does have a few details to share about Insidious 3
- Transformers 4 reveals a bunch of (human) character posters
- The GNN staff goes wild in a deleted scene from Anchorman 2
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 by Angie Han
For most of the past year, the conversation surrounding Rob Thomas‘ Veronica Mars has been about the way it was made. Now that the film premiere has finally arrived, though, the talk can turn to what he’s made. In an ideal world, Veronica Mars would serve the dual purpose of satisfying existing Marshmallows, as Veronica Mars devotees call themselves, while making new ones.
On the first count, I can say as a longtime fan (I was one of the 91,585 who contributed to the Kickstarter) that the sequel just about lived up to my expectations. On the second, it’s harder to judge. For all its imperfections, though, it unmistakably delivers in one respect: It left me wanting much, much more.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 10th, 2014 by Angie Han
High school movie reunions are recurring theme in today’s Sequel Bits. Zac Efron and Lindsay Lohan tease High School Musical and Mean Girls reunions, respectively, while Kristen Bell discusses a potential Veronica Mars sequel. Also after the jump:
- Ralph Fiennes hints at M’s future in Bond 24
- Fifty Shades producer isn’t thinking sequel just yet
- Producer gives a status update on Immortals 2
- Agent 47 adds Thomas Kretschmann as the villain
- The Raid 2 reveals a striking new poster
Read More »