With shooting on Kick-Ass 2 well underway, Universal has released an official synopsis for the Jeff Wadlow-directed adaptation of Mark Millar and John Romita Jr.‘s comics. Those who’ve been following our updates on the project won’t be surprised to see that it seems to follow the “bigger is better” rule of sequels — not that we’re complaining when the new cast members include John Leguizamo and Jim Carrey. Hit the jump to get the details.
Sequel Bits: ‘Finding Nemo 2’, ‘Hangover 3’, ‘Kick-Ass 2’, ‘Scary Movie 5’, ‘Silent Hill: Revelation 3D’, ‘Red 2’
Posted on Monday, September 10th, 2012 by Angie Han
A mostly lighthearted Sequel Bits covers everything from fish- and family-friendly animated adventures to R-rated wolf pack shenanigans. After the jump:
- Andrew Stanton‘s next project is Finding Nemo 2
- The Hangover Part III is now shooting in Los Angeles
- Heather Locklear and Molly Shannon join Scary Movie 5
- David Thewlis will play The Frog in Red 2
- Olga Kurkulina is Mother Russia in Kick-Ass 2
- The Rock destroys a ceiling in new Fast Six pic
- Silent Hill: Revelation 3D has a new poster
Posted on Wednesday, September 5th, 2012 by Angie Han
Get a nice long look at some behind-the-scenes goings-on in today’s Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Kung Fu Panda‘s John Stevenson will direct Sherlock Gnomes
- Is this our first look at the Hobbit trilogy’s Bolg the Goblin-king?
- See pics of Mother Russia and Hit-Girl’s bike from the Kick-Ass 2 set
- Check out more photos from Thor: The Dark World‘s Bourne Wood set
New casting on the Jeff Wadlow-directed Kick-Ass sequel is off to a fine start with John Leguizamo, Donald Faison, Morris Chestnut, and Robert Emms in key roles, but if Universal actually manages to pull off this new deal they’re working on it’ll be the most attention-grabbing bit of news yet.
The studio is reportedly courting Jim Carrey for a “showy” supporting part in the film, which appears to be going by the title Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall. The potential hiring is not as random as it sounds — Carrey is an avowed fan of the first installment by Matthew Vaughn, and even once donned a Kick-Ass costume for a musical duet with Conan O’Brien. Read more details and check out a photo of Carrey’s Kick-Ass cosplay after the jump.
Posted on Wednesday, May 5th, 2010 by David Chen
Since Matthew Vaughn’s Kick-Ass burst onto screens a few weeks ago, speculation has swirled as to whether or not the film performed well enough at the box office to warrant a sequel. A recent press release (via Forces of Geek) for the forthcoming CLiNT magazine, a joint venture between Millar and Titan Magazines, suggests that the sequel to the film, Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall, will begin production in 2011 for a 2012 theatrical release.
Read More »