While most blockbuster Summer movies release their first trailer months, maybe even a year, in advance, it’s oddly appropriate that The Hangover Part III has waited so long. Phil, Alan, Doug and Stu are pretty much always late, aren’t they?
The final installment in Todd Phillips‘ massively success franchise opens May 24, just 11 short weeks from now. Once again Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms and Justin Bartha are in trouble and, in the first trailer below, you can get a hint of exactly what that means this time around. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, March 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
Since the world failed to end in 2012, 2013 seems to be the year we’re all laughing about what could have been. Paul Middleditch‘s Rapturepalooza is one of three post-apocalyptic comedies due out this year, along with Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen’s This Is the End and Edgar Wright’s The World’s End.
Like the others, Rapturepalooza features a talented (if somewhat lower profile) comic ensemble, including Craig Robinson as the Antichrist, Anna Kendrick and John Francis Daley as a young couple who want to destroy him, Rob Corddry as Daley’s father, and… is that Ken Jeong as God? Watch the red-band trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
HBO’s other big spring premiere, Veep, debuts a new teaser today. Also after the jump:
- Gillian Anderson, Ken Jeong, Jorge Garcia, and more land new series
- Lindsay Lohan will woo Charlie Sheen on Anger Management
- Kathy Bates will face down Jessica Lange in American Horror Story
- Ben Stiller returns to Arrested Development; Netflix hopes for more seasons
- TBS hopes to be king of the nerds by renewing King of the Nerds
- Web comic Achewood is being turned into a TV series
- NBC releases a series of character posters for Hannibal
Read More »
Pixar gives up new footage from its latest sequel in this trailer for Monsters University. Starting off with a classic bit of “arriving at college” footage, we’re introduced to the institution in which Mike and Sully meet, form a rivalry, and eventually become friends. It doesn’t look quite as warm and fuzzy as the original film was, but there’s enough of Pixar’s gorgeous animation to make it a treat to look at.
The new and returning cast includes John Goodman, Billy Crystal, Steve Buscemi, Jennifer Tilly, Kelsey Grammer, Frank Oz, Ken Jeong, John Ratzenberger and J.B. Smoove, and you’ll hear many of them here, along with an unexpected blast of rock from 1989. Read More »
The first trailer for Michael Bay‘s Pain & Gain is here. Mark Wahlberg stars as a bodybuilder who wants a better life, and so he teams up with ex-con Dwayne Johnson and Anthony Mackie to kidnap a rich businessman, played by Tony Shalhoub. But things don’t go so well, and everyone ends up experiencing more pain than anything else.
The film seems to have softened the guys so that they’re more movie-ready than the real dudes who inspired the story, but otherwise this looks like pre-Transformers Michael Bay — lurid, sweaty, colorful, and explosive. Check out the footage below.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, December 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
Wondering what sequelized delights await us in 2013 and beyond? After the jump:
- Jackie Chan joins Expendables 3, wants to do Rush Hour 4
- Dennis Haysbert talks about replacing Michael Clarke Duncan in Sin City 2
- Mark Wahlberg calls Transformers 4 the most important role of his career
- Michael Bay says that the “leaked” Transformers 4 script is a fake
- David Wain is definitely still working on Wet Hot American Summer 2
- Adam Green is excited to explore Victor Crowley’s story in Hatchet III
- J.J. Abrams has thoughts on the 3D conversion for Star Trek Into Darkness
- George Miller‘s Mad Max: Fury Road has finished shooting
- New images and plot details emerge for The Hangover Part 3
- A still from Red 2 shows off some godawful outfits
Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 9th, 2012 by Angie Han
Before you head off for the weekend, we’ve got a few last sequel-related odds and ends. After the jump:
- Kristen Stewart says she’ll probably be in SWATH 2
- The Last Exorcism II reveals an official synopsis
- Get your first look at one of the Wargs from The Hobbit…
- … and then look up exactly where you can see it in HFR 3D
- The Hangover 3 uploads to Instagram; find out who dies
Read More »
Until not so long ago, fans of Community might have been excited for, or at least interested in tonight’s TV schedule. The show’s fourth season was originally set to premiere tonight, giving us the first taste of the troubled series without creator Dan Harmon. But the shortened season, now run by David Guarascio and Moses Port, has been indefinitely delayed by NBC.
But you can have some new Community today, as the cast (Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Yvette Nicole Brown, Alison Brie, Donald Glover, Chevy Chase, Ken Jeong, Jim Rash) has come together to create a promo to explain just what today really means for fans of the show. Hint: it’s a mental state. Read More »
Be prepared for a lot of Sequel Bits in the next few days and here are just a few. After the jump, read about the following:
- Ken Jeong has signed on for an expanded role in The Hangover Part III.
- DreamWorks Animation is going to make Kung Fu Panda 3.
- Arnold’s son, Patrick Schwarzenegger, will have a small role in Grown Ups 2.
- A teaser trailer for Birdemic II: The Resurrection spoofs The Avengers.
- Joss Whedon has not made a decision about The Avengers 2.
Read More »