There’s some killer action in the Keanu Reeves film John Wick, in which Reeves plays a former assassin who gets back into his old mode after everything else in his life is torn away. At one point, the character ends up in a sort of safe haven for killers, where he runs across a killer named Perkins. Trouble is, Perkins, played by Adrianne Palicki, knows other people want Wick dead. And so they fight!
The film is available via digital release now, and we’ve got a great behind the scenes clip showing some of the John Wick fight choreography. Watch the breakdown of this fight scene below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, November 4th, 2014 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Lili Taylor and Barry Pepper join The Scorch Trials
- J.K. Rowling writes a bunch more Harry Potter stories
- Ewan McGregor says Trainspotting 2 will shoot in 2016
- Keanu Reeves hasn’t made a final decision on Bill & Ted 3
- The cast of Magic Mike XXL gathers for a class photo
- See Natasha Lyonne in a Beetlejuice 2 parody
- Enjoy a bunch of new clips from Dumb and Dumber To
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, October 28th, 2014 by Angie Han
Fresh off of one thriller, Keanu Reeves is diving into another. The John Wick star has just signed on for Replicas, a sci-fi pic directed by Tanya Wexler (Hysteria). Not unlike John Wick, it centers on a man reacting to the loss of someone he loves. Hit the jump for more on the Keanu Reeves Replicas movie.
Read More »
Ninety percent of action movies are derivative. Carbon copies of better movies that came before them. They can be enjoyable, but are often forgettable. Then there’s the other ten percent. Those movies are something special. They originate and innovate, and rise about the rest by being different and surprising. However, by definition, even the best of the best employ many of the same beats. Punching, kicking, shooting, and explosions are the building blocks of an action movie. The ninety percent use them in ways we’ve seen before. The rest mix them up in ways we don’t expect. John Wick is among the ten percent.
In the first film by accomplished stunt coordinators Chad Stahelski and David Leitch, Keanu Reeves stars as an unstoppable assassin hell-bent on revenge after thugs steal his car and kill his dog. We’ve seen the assassin revenge story a hundred times, but John Wick feels different because it’s set in a unique, dirty, and lived-in world. Everyone has a reputation. Connections. They know each other. This is a place with a rich history simmering below the surface action of guns, choke holds and car crashes. What makes John Wick a standout action film is that it makes us curious. Read More »
We’re back here again. It’s been a week full of rumors, as talk swirls about who will be in WB’s next DC movie, Suicide Squad, and whether or not Jena Malone is in Batman v Superman. (As it turns out, she is.) On the Marvel side the talk has all been about Doctor Strange. While we once thought Joaquin Phoenix might sign to star in the picture, he moved on. Other names have been floated, with Keanu Reeves coming up more and more often. Another new one is in the mix: Colin Farrell. How could Farrell be Strange if he also has a full season of True Detective to shoot? Timing is everything.
Update: Like John Wick going after his enemies, Keanu Reeves has started to kill rumor talk about Doctor Strange, saying he hasn’t been approached. We have his quotes after the original story below.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
As some people doubt what writer turned producer turned director Roberto Orci will be able to do with Star Trek 3, the film’s co-star John Cho is coming out in defense of his new director. Cho says Orci’s work is “going to blow people away.” In addition to the Star Trek 3 talk, we have info on the following items:
- Toy collectors will be able to purchase Jurassic World Lego sets,
- Jason Schwartzman explains how he ended up rumored for Jurassic World,
- Hugh Grant bows out of Bridget Jones 3,
- Katie Holmes returns to the role of Jackie O in new Kennedys mini-series, and will direct an episode,
- Keanu Reeves has one more thing to say about Bill and Ted 3,
- Tommy Wirkola suggests Hansel & Gretel 2 could have a plot involving voodoo,
- And Jackie Earle Haley joins the cast of London Has Fallen.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, October 13th, 2014 by Angie Han
Over the years, the slow progress of Bill & Ted 3 has been blamed on everything from word getting out too early to high CG costs to an unspecified “darkness.” But now, Keanu Reeves has offered a concrete reason why the film hasn’t happened yet. As with so many other things in show business, it turns out, it comes down to money. Hit the jump to read the Keanu Reeves Bill and Ted 3 update.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits involves a bit of casting, a bit of un-casting, lots of movie star quotes and, best of all, Jeff Goldblum. After the jump:
- Bill & Ted 3 is “closer, but no closer,” says Keanu Reeves
- Jason Schwartzman offers a Bored to Death update
- Super Troopers 2 will definitely involve mustaches
- Jeremy Renner continues to talk about Bourne
- Karl Urban claims Star Trek 3 is “phenomenal”
- There’s a place for Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day 2
- Chinese actress Zhang Jingchu boards Mission: Impossible 5
- Ted 2 fires 7th Heaven actor Stephen Collins amid scandal
- Ed Helms‘ Vacation sequel gets a fall 2015 release date
- Bond 24 adds Rome to its list of awesome locations
Read More »
I don’t think I spoke to anyone at Fantastic Fest who saw John Wick and didn’t like it. I heard praise for Keanu Reeves‘ turn as a killer, for the action and overall direction of Chad Stahelski, who was Reeves‘ stunt double in The Matrix, and stunt choreographer for Man of Tai Chi, and, yeah, for the dog. You’ll see the dog again in this new John Wick trailer, and get a taste of everything else, too, as it promotes the story of a former assassin (Reeves) who goes back into action to target gangsters who have “taken everything from him.” Read More »