Keanu Reeves is getting a TV show. He’s producing and starring in the hour-long series Rain, based on the novel series by Barry Eisler. The show is described as a “globe-trotting action drama,” which is also being produced by his John Wick directors Chad Stahelski and David Leitch. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, April 4th, 2014 by Russ Fischer
Eli Roth made a return to directing with last year’s The Green Inferno, which will be released in the US on September 5. He’s quickly following that film with a new horror/thriller called Knock Knock, and has just set Keanu Reeves to star. This film sounds like it will be a bit different than Roth’s other directorial efforts, however, as he describes it as the result of an ambition to make “a classic psychosexual thriller.” Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 19th, 2014 by Russ Fischer
The sci-fi Passengers has an interesting, romantic/creepy premise: when one of 5000 deep-sleep colonists en route to a new world is accidentally awakened during the journey, he wakes another passenger, a woman, to keep him company. After years in development, the film is to be directed by Brian Kirk (Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire) with Keanu Reeves and Rachel McAdams starring. But Passengers just lost McAdams, and then the Weinsten Company bowed out.
Update: Focus Features is now in talks to pick up Passengers, says Variety, though a new co-star has not been found. But it has a home once again! Original article follows.
Sequel Bits: ‘G.I. Joe 3,’ ‘Bill and Ted 3,’ ‘Transformers 4,’ ‘Point Break,’ ‘Dawn of The Planet Of The Apes’
Posted on Thursday, December 26th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Keanu Reeves is the star of this edition of Sequel Bits, talking about the latest in regards to Bill and Ted 3 and dismissing another film he was never involved in in the first place. Below, read about the following:
- Jon M. Chu hopes G.I. Joe 3 will shoot in 2014 and says Channing Tatum‘s return isn’t likely.
- Keanu Reeves says they’re looking for funding for Bill and Ted 3.
- Reeves also said he won’t appear in a Point Break remake.
- Check out three new character shots from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- Mark Wahlberg gives some details on his character in Transformers: Age of Extinction.
Posted on Friday, December 6th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
The Christmas movie season is almost here and while most of us are getting super excited for The Wolf of Wall Street or Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, there will be plenty of other options at the theater. One example is 47 Ronin, Carl Rinsch‘s big budget samurai fantasy epic starring Keanu Reeves. The film has been in production for what feels like forever with plenty of behind the scenes drama, yet we’re now just a few short weeks away from finding out if Rinsch was able to rise above all that. I will say, after the first few trailers failed to impress, the TV spots showing up during primetime shows have me much more interested.
Now, a slew of behind the scenes footage has come online that will only help get you interested in the film, which also stars Hiroyuki Sanada, Ko Shibasaki, Tadanobu Asano and Rinko Kikuchi. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
Everyone’s feeling a little chatty in this quote-heavy edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Evan Daugherty talks G.I. Joe 3 and Snow White and the Huntsman 2
- Julianne Moore‘s The Hunger Games: Mockingjay role has been beefed up
- The Mortal Instruments author teases some City of Ashes spoilers
- Simon Pegg says Star Trek 3 is looking to shoot in the UK, possibly
- Bad Santa 2 will shoot next year, according to Billy Bob Thornton
- Is Steve Aoki working on the Transformers: Age of Extinction soundtrack?
- 2016: Obama’s America filmmaker revisits his predictions in an update
- Keanu Reeves says Bill & Ted 3‘s heavy CG costs are holding it back
- George Miller confirms Mel Gibson won’t appear in Mad Max: Fury Road
Posted on Monday, November 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
Whether you want to read Keanu Reeves‘ regrets about the (non-existent) Constantine sequel, Robert Englund‘s hopes for a (theoretical) Elm Street prequel, or Alfonso Cuaron‘s thoughts on the Harry Potter spinoff, there’s a little something for everyone here. Also after the jump:
- Gareth Evans breaks down the trailer for The Raid 2: Berandal
- Michael Bay hints at a big theme from Transformers 4
- Steven Spielberg gets a bit political while in Hawaii for Jurassic World
- See more pics of Vin Diesel on the set of Fast & Furious 7
- The 300: Rise of an Empire site offers new pics and footage
Posted on Monday, October 28th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Years have passed. Trials have been endured. Legends made. I’m talking about the journey Carl Rinsch‘s samurai epic 47 Ronin has had coming to the big screen. Finally scheduled for release on Christmas, a final theatrical trailer has just been released with more effects, more story and more Keanu Reeves as he helps 47 samurai get revenge for the death of their master. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s an extra-chatty edition of Sequel Bits, as everyone has a little something to say about everything. After the jump:
- A $500,000 camera has been stolen from Dumb and Dumber To
- The next Aliens game might be about Ripley’s daughter
- Peter Jackson chats about the score for The Hobbit
- Director thinks National Treasure could shoot in two years
- Dan Aykroyd is going on about Ghostbusters 3 again
- Keanu Reeves chats about Point Break and Speed