The Christmas movie season is almost here and while most of us are getting super excited for The Wolf of Wall Street or Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, there will be plenty of other options at the theater. One example is 47 Ronin, Carl Rinsch‘s big budget samurai fantasy epic starring Keanu Reeves. The film has been in production for what feels like forever with plenty of behind the scenes drama, yet we’re now just a few short weeks away from finding out if Rinsch was able to rise above all that. I will say, after the first few trailers failed to impress, the TV spots showing up during primetime shows have me much more interested.
Now, a slew of behind the scenes footage has come online that will only help get you interested in the film, which also stars Hiroyuki Sanada, Ko Shibasaki, Tadanobu Asano and Rinko Kikuchi. Check it out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, December 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
Everyone’s feeling a little chatty in this quote-heavy edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Evan Daugherty talks G.I. Joe 3 and Snow White and the Huntsman 2
- Julianne Moore‘s The Hunger Games: Mockingjay role has been beefed up
- The Mortal Instruments author teases some City of Ashes spoilers
- Simon Pegg says Star Trek 3 is looking to shoot in the UK, possibly
- Bad Santa 2 will shoot next year, according to Billy Bob Thornton
- Is Steve Aoki working on the Transformers: Age of Extinction soundtrack?
- 2016: Obama’s America filmmaker revisits his predictions in an update
- Keanu Reeves says Bill & Ted 3‘s heavy CG costs are holding it back
- George Miller confirms Mel Gibson won’t appear in Mad Max: Fury Road
Read More »
Posted on Monday, November 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
Whether you want to read Keanu Reeves‘ regrets about the (non-existent) Constantine sequel, Robert Englund‘s hopes for a (theoretical) Elm Street prequel, or Alfonso Cuaron‘s thoughts on the Harry Potter spinoff, there’s a little something for everyone here. Also after the jump:
- Gareth Evans breaks down the trailer for The Raid 2: Berandal
- Michael Bay hints at a big theme from Transformers 4
- Steven Spielberg gets a bit political while in Hawaii for Jurassic World
- See more pics of Vin Diesel on the set of Fast & Furious 7
- The 300: Rise of an Empire site offers new pics and footage
Read More »
Years have passed. Trials have been endured. Legends made. I’m talking about the journey Carl Rinsch‘s samurai epic 47 Ronin has had coming to the big screen. Finally scheduled for release on Christmas, a final theatrical trailer has just been released with more effects, more story and more Keanu Reeves as he helps 47 samurai get revenge for the death of their master. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s an extra-chatty edition of Sequel Bits, as everyone has a little something to say about everything. After the jump:
- A $500,000 camera has been stolen from Dumb and Dumber To
- The next Aliens game might be about Ripley’s daughter
- Peter Jackson chats about the score for The Hobbit
- Director thinks National Treasure could shoot in two years
- Dan Aykroyd is going on about Ghostbusters 3 again
- Keanu Reeves chats about Point Break and Speed
Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter have been talking about a third Bill & Ted for years, and over the past few years we’ve watched the project slowly move ahead. Winter announced that the script was completed in 2011, and Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest) was hired to direct in 2012. But over a year later, production still hasn’t gotten underway, and now Reeves has an explanation as to why.
In a new interview, the actor explained that “darkness” was holding up the project. It’s a much more mysterious answer than the one Winter gave when asked a similar question earlier this year. Hit the jump to read Reeves’s quote.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 4th, 2013 by Angie Han
After starring in a few martial arts-influenced films, Keanu Reeves is moving on to directing one of his own. His debut Man of Tai Chi stars Tiger Hu Chen as a talented martial artist who’s recruited by a shady figure (Reeves) to participate in an underground fighting tournament.
The first trailer focused mostly on the fighting, while the second delved a bit more into the plotline and Tiger’s moral dilemma. The latest video offers even more of the lead’s backstory, as a grave old man helpfully reminds Tiger that he is “the only successor of this martial art.”
Karen Mok (So Close), Simon Yam (Ip Man 1 & 2), and Iko Uwais (The Raid) also star. Watch the newest trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
A second international trailer for Carl Erik Rinsch‘s long delayed 47 Ronin has been released. Where last week’s Japanese trailer focused on the famous international cast (Keanu Reeves, Hiroyuki Sanada, Ko Shibasaki, Tadanobu Asano, Rinko Kikuchi) this new one focuses on creatures, monsters and similarly disgusting bad guys. Or at least, that what it looks like; the dubbing in the trailer means story points are difficult to verify. Check it out below. Read More »