After several male dominated films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, more attention is turning to women. Besides the inclusion of Scarlet Witch in Avengers: Age of Ultron, Marvel director/producer Louis D’Esposito was recently quoted saying the company wants to make a female lead superhero movie. He even offered up the character Captain Marvel as a possibility.
So who could play a role like that? Well someone at Marvel must really like the cast of Riddick. Dave Bautista and Vin Diesel were both cast in Guardians of the Galaxy and now it’s come out that Marvel has had discussions with Katee Sackhoff. The Riddick and Battlestar Galactica star revealed as much on a recent podcast, stating Marvel inquired about her availability during the first quarter of 2014.
D’Esposito also revealed one of their already strong female heroes, Hayley Atwell‘s Peggy Carter, would certainly return. Read More »
Here’s a very cool little tidbit about one of last year’s most talked about films. Katee Sackhoff, star of Battlestar Galactica and this week’s Riddick, recently revealed she had a small part in the 2012 cult hit Pitch Perfect. Her fiancee Scott Niemeyer produced the film and, one day on set, they needed someone to fill a small role. Sackhoff gladly stepped in, but her scene was cut. Read more about it below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 29th, 2013 by Angie Han
How can you get “The Ultimate Insidious Experience”? Find out after the jump. Also:
- Daniel Craig wants more “irony” in Bond 24
- How did Shaun of the Dead inspire The World’s End?
- The Scorpion King 4 is a thing that is happening
- The new Transformers 4 logo has claw marks
- Toys R Us is ready for the influx of Dinobots toys
- Vin Diesel flirts and fights in new clips from Riddick
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, May 15th, 2013 by Angie Han
Nearly a decade after The Chronicles of Riddick, our favorite Furian warrior is finally charging back onto screens this fall with Riddick. Star Vin Diesel revealed the first peek at the new adventure a couple months back, by way of a 22-second teaser, but now there’s a meatier full-length trailer to sink our teeth into. Check it out, along with a new teaser poster and images, after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits is jam-packed with quotes, videos, images, and more. After the jump:
- Die Hard is getting a permanent mural for its 25th birthday
- J.J. Abrams talks Star Trek; what do the comics tell us?
- Who wants a walk-on role in Insidious Chapter 2?
- Jack Reynor comments on his Transformers 4 casting
- Dave Franco would like to come back for 21 Jump Street 2
- Bruce Boxleitner is not sure if he’s coming back for Tron 3
- Katee Sackhoff talks Riddick, Vin Diesel offers a new pic
- See the futuristic cars of Mad Max: Fury Road in action
Read More »
Here’s where branding gets counter-productive: the 2009 film The Haunting in Connecticut has spawned a sequel. But the new film takes place in rural Georgia, and the title awkwardly reflects that: The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia. As long as the word “haunting” is prominent, I guess it doesn’t really matter where or why the supernatural infestation is taking place.
Ti West was once going to direct this film, but dropped out. (He ended up making The Innkeepers instead.) Tom Elkins, who edited the original Haunting in Connecticut, as well as The Apparition, directed instead. The film stars Katee Sackhoff, Chad Michael Murray, and Abigail Spencer as members of a family that encounters a presence in an old Georgia house. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 28th, 2012 by Angie Han
Let’s run through a few sequel-related odds and ends. After the jump:
- Katee Sackhoff explains why Riddick got an R rating
- Steven Spielberg reveals that he once offered to do Bond
- Get your first peek at the horror anthology S-VHS
- Corey Feldman confirms that Lost Boys, as a series, is dead
Read More »
Katee Sackhoff is the latest actress to join the female take on The Expendables, written by Dutch Southern and produced by 1984 Private Defense Contractors. She joins Gina Carano as the second member of the team, both cast before a director has even been named. The film has been described as a similar idea to The Expendables in that it’ll team up a bunch of female action stars.
Sackhoff is best known for playing Starbuck on the recent version of Battlestar Galactica, will soon appear in the new Riddick and was on 24, Bionic Woman and more. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
You want Riddick photos, Star Trek 2 photos, Men in Black 3‘s website, Dazed and Confused 2 rumors, American Reunion images and news on who just saw the first screening of The Dark Knight Rises? It’s all here in Sequel Bits, which includes:
- The first look at Battlestar Galactica‘s Katee Sackhoff on the set of Riddick.
- Your first look at John Cho‘s Sulu in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Trek 2.
- A few new looks at Men in Black 3 on its official website.
- Richard Linklater and Matthew McConaughey talk about bringing back Wooderson for a Dazed and Confused sequel.
- New photos from the upcoming comedy American Reunion.
- Christopher Nolan just showed the first cut of The Dark Knight Rises to Warner Bros. executives.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, February 3rd, 2012 by Angie Han
It’s been a long eight years for fans of David Twohy and Vin Diesel‘s Riddick saga, but after numerous stops and starts, the third installment is coming together at last. Universal Studios has issued a press release announcing the start of principal photography in Montreal on the new sci-fi thriller, a follow-up to 2000’s Pitch Black and 2004’s The Chronicles of Riddick — and in the process, offered up some new crumbs of information about the film’s plotline and casting. Read more after the jump.
Read More »