Posted on Monday, December 15th, 2014 by Angie Han
What could possibly go wrong when you combine five cheating husbands, one secret play pad, and a whole bunch of clandestine affairs? Well, quite a lot, according to the new The Loft trailer starring James Marsden and Karl Urban.
For example, one of those husbands might show up one day to find a dead woman in the bed. Or the guys might start getting mysterious phone calls and blackmail threats. They might start turning on each other, and rousing the suspicions of their wives. Watch The Loft trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, October 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits involves a bit of casting, a bit of un-casting, lots of movie star quotes and, best of all, Jeff Goldblum. After the jump:
- Bill & Ted 3 is “closer, but no closer,” says Keanu Reeves
- Jason Schwartzman offers a Bored to Death update
- Super Troopers 2 will definitely involve mustaches
- Jeremy Renner continues to talk about Bourne
- Karl Urban claims Star Trek 3 is “phenomenal”
- There’s a place for Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day 2
- Chinese actress Zhang Jingchu boards Mission: Impossible 5
- Ted 2 fires 7th Heaven actor Stephen Collins amid scandal
- Ed Helms‘ Vacation sequel gets a fall 2015 release date
- Bond 24 adds Rome to its list of awesome locations
Read More »
Peter Travis’ 2012 film Dredd is just one of those things, a film adored by fans, and even some critics, but totally ignored by mainstream audiences. So a $50 million budgeted film ended up grossing a frightening $13 million domestic and only another $22 worldwide.
With those kind of numbers, the only time the word “sequel” would get mentioned is, well, never. Yet fans and the people involved with the film keep pushing. An online petition was created to stump for another movie. The filmmakers swore there were talks with the studio. Then they made a comic book to continue the story. Still, no one is satisfied.
Enter Jon and Al Kaplan, the well-known parody duo behind such hits as Silence! The Musical. They’ve taken to YouTube with their own brand of sequel pleading. They’ve created Dredd The Musical, a funny and clever video fans will love. Check it out below. Read More »
Paramount Home Video recently released Star Trek: The Compendium which collects JJ Abrams‘ Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness, alongside a collection of new extra features. One of the extras is the Star Trek Into The Darkness blooper reel, which is now available to watch online. Watch the hilarious six-minute Star Trek Into The Darkness blooper reel now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
The fact there’s no Dredd sequel has nothing to do with a lack of interest on the part of the original film’s creators. Various participants, primary among them star Karl Urban, have spoken often about the desire to do a sequel. And for Urban that’s got to be pretty great — as an actor, having people to clamor to see you repeat a role has to feel good. (Especially when the previous person to play the character got a much more negative response.) Asked again about a sequel, Urban says it’s actually more likely that another film would be a Dredd prequel of sorts, explaining how the Judges came to be. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 6th, 2014 by Angie Han
Keep the lights on, because today’s edition of Sequel Bits is unusually horror-heavy. After the jump:
- Karl Urban wants to do Star Trek for 25 more years
- Avatar 2 is probably going to shoot in early 2015
- Transformers 4 is now the 18th biggest film ever
- Mark Duplass wants to make Creep 2 and 3 right away
- Tremors 5 finally has a director and a star
- Hey, Chicagoans: Sinister 2 is looking for extras
- ABCs of Death 2 is arriving just in time for Halloween
- Leprechaun: Origins is coming to theaters after all
- … and so is Sharknado 2: The Second One!
- Jarhead 2: Field of Fire not only exists, it has a trailer
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 10th, 2014 by Angie Han
Details about Lego Movie 2 are being kept under wraps, but one thing Chris McKay says we can expect is more female characters. Also after the jump:
- Ivan Reitman is still gung-ho about Ghostbusters 3
- Camera tests are underway for Jurassic World
- Karl Urban wants you to sign the Dredd 2 petition
- Those “Penelope Cruz for Bond 24” rumors might be true
- Kevin James has a new love interest for Paul Blart 2
- Here’s another How to Train Your Dragon poster
- Check out some Mad Max: Fury Road concept art
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The 2012 remake of Dredd wasn’t a big hit financially but critically, and among fans, it was revered. Since its release, fans have clamored for a sequel, starting Facebooks and even an online petition. Star Karl Urban, writer Alex Garland, director Pete Travis and others have all expressed interest in continuing the franchise but, unfortunately, they aren’t the ones who sign the checks. The powers that be have not deemed a Dredd sequel to be financially viable so, despite all efforts, it’s still just a dream.
In a new video, though, Karl Urban gives fans yet another glimmer of hope saying “we’re working very very hard to bring you Dredd 2.” Read More »