Posted on Tuesday, January 27th, 2015 by Angie Han
Warner Bros. put a bunch of Suicide Squad rumors to rest last month when they officially announced the cast. Since then, though, a bunch of other Suicide Squad rumors have sprung up.
The latest indicates that Karl Urban, Ed Harris, and Jason Clarke are also in the mix for various roles, while Gary Sinise‘s character (if indeed he is involved) might not be who you think it is. Plus, Margot Robbie talks about Brooklyn girl Harley Quinn. Get the latest Suicide Squad casting rumors after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, January 22nd, 2015 by Angie Han
Warner Bros. / DC’s Aquaman already has a leading man in Jason Momoa. Now it needs to fill in the rest of its cast and crew. To that end, the studio is rumored to be eyeing Noam Murro (300: Rise of an Empire) for the director’s chair, and Karl Urban for a supporting role. More on the Aquaman Noam Murro and Karl Urban rumors after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 15th, 2014 by Angie Han
What could possibly go wrong when you combine five cheating husbands, one secret play pad, and a whole bunch of clandestine affairs? Well, quite a lot, according to the new The Loft trailer starring James Marsden and Karl Urban.
For example, one of those husbands might show up one day to find a dead woman in the bed. Or the guys might start getting mysterious phone calls and blackmail threats. They might start turning on each other, and rousing the suspicions of their wives. Watch The Loft trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, October 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits involves a bit of casting, a bit of un-casting, lots of movie star quotes and, best of all, Jeff Goldblum. After the jump:
- Bill & Ted 3 is “closer, but no closer,” says Keanu Reeves
- Jason Schwartzman offers a Bored to Death update
- Super Troopers 2 will definitely involve mustaches
- Jeremy Renner continues to talk about Bourne
- Karl Urban claims Star Trek 3 is “phenomenal”
- There’s a place for Jeff Goldblum in Independence Day 2
- Chinese actress Zhang Jingchu boards Mission: Impossible 5
- Ted 2 fires 7th Heaven actor Stephen Collins amid scandal
- Ed Helms‘ Vacation sequel gets a fall 2015 release date
- Bond 24 adds Rome to its list of awesome locations
Read More »
Peter Travis’ 2012 film Dredd is just one of those things, a film adored by fans, and even some critics, but totally ignored by mainstream audiences. So a $50 million budgeted film ended up grossing a frightening $13 million domestic and only another $22 worldwide.
With those kind of numbers, the only time the word “sequel” would get mentioned is, well, never. Yet fans and the people involved with the film keep pushing. An online petition was created to stump for another movie. The filmmakers swore there were talks with the studio. Then they made a comic book to continue the story. Still, no one is satisfied.
Enter Jon and Al Kaplan, the well-known parody duo behind such hits as Silence! The Musical. They’ve taken to YouTube with their own brand of sequel pleading. They’ve created Dredd The Musical, a funny and clever video fans will love. Check it out below. Read More »
Paramount Home Video recently released Star Trek: The Compendium which collects JJ Abrams‘ Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness, alongside a collection of new extra features. One of the extras is the Star Trek Into The Darkness blooper reel, which is now available to watch online. Watch the hilarious six-minute Star Trek Into The Darkness blooper reel now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
The fact there’s no Dredd sequel has nothing to do with a lack of interest on the part of the original film’s creators. Various participants, primary among them star Karl Urban, have spoken often about the desire to do a sequel. And for Urban that’s got to be pretty great — as an actor, having people to clamor to see you repeat a role has to feel good. (Especially when the previous person to play the character got a much more negative response.) Asked again about a sequel, Urban says it’s actually more likely that another film would be a Dredd prequel of sorts, explaining how the Judges came to be. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, August 6th, 2014 by Angie Han
Keep the lights on, because today’s edition of Sequel Bits is unusually horror-heavy. After the jump:
- Karl Urban wants to do Star Trek for 25 more years
- Avatar 2 is probably going to shoot in early 2015
- Transformers 4 is now the 18th biggest film ever
- Mark Duplass wants to make Creep 2 and 3 right away
- Tremors 5 finally has a director and a star
- Hey, Chicagoans: Sinister 2 is looking for extras
- ABCs of Death 2 is arriving just in time for Halloween
- Leprechaun: Origins is coming to theaters after all
- … and so is Sharknado 2: The Second One!
- Jarhead 2: Field of Fire not only exists, it has a trailer
Read More »