Posted on Tuesday, October 20th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
In today’s edition of Sequel Bits, we take a look at:
- Jurassic World‘s really crazy Blu-ray and DVD promotion.
- How Iron Sky 2 is defying typical distribution.
- A Korean superstar joins Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Paul Verhoeven teases a Showgirls 2.
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back rounds out its cast.
And more, after the jump.
Read More »
As soon as a sequel to Jurassic World was set for release on June 22nd, 2018, following the record-breaking box office performance this summer, there were plenty of jokes thrown around about how the next film in the franchise would have to up the ante by going with the title Jurassic Galaxy.
Well, since Chris Pratt is one of the stars of Jurassic World and he also happens to star in a little film called Guardians of the Galaxy, you can guess what one creative YouTuber did in their creation of a Jurassic Galaxy trailer mash-up. Read More »
Update from Editor Peter Sciretta: Chris Pratt jokingly predicted that he would star in the fourth Jurassic Park film back when he was working on Parks and Recreation in 2009. We posted the video last year, but now Pratt has commented publicly about his prediction. Watch him talk about it after the jump.
Read More »
Right now Jurassic World is the biggest movie of 2015. As we get closer to the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, analysts will start crunching the numbers to see if the sci-fi sequel will be able to beat the dinosaur franchise pseudo-reboot, and we might have a new box office king.
But even though the movie was a hit this year, one YouTuber imagined how much more groundbreaking Jurassic World would have been if it was released all the way back in 1978. Watch the 1978 Jurassic World trailer below! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, October 13th, 2015 by Angie Han
Jurassic World was by far the biggest smash hit of the summer, demolishing records to gross $1.6 billion worldwide. But all that sweet box office dough can’t protect it from the irreverent scrutiny of the Screen Junkies, who’ve just unveiled their Jurassic World Honest Trailer.
The team takes the dino sequel to task for its literal “nostalgia goggles,” as well as all the questions it raises — starting of course with “How can this lady outrun a T-Rex in high heels?” But hey, they do call it “the best Jurassic Park sequel ever made,” even if they admit that’s not saying much. Watch the Jurassic World Honest Trailer after the jump. Read More »
In today’s edition of Sequel bits we take a look at:
- Brad Bird teases the origins of The Incredibles 2 story.
- Director Denis Villeneuve talks about why he is taking on Blade Runner 2.
- Screenwriter Max Landis pitches his idea for Man of Steel 2.
- Shaun the Sheep 2 in development.
- Lara Pulver joins Underworld 5.
- Eli Roth has an idea for Hostel: Part IV.
- Two new attraction posters for Jurassic World.
- A new tv trailer for Ride Along 2.
All this and more. Hit the jump to get started.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
As a sequel, Jurassic World is naturally beholden to Jurassic Park in a number of ways. It expands on the mythology established by Steven Spielberg‘s original film, and calls back to it in ways both obvious and unexpected.
But Jurassic World isn’t just indebted to Jurassic Park in a general sense. As revealed by director Colin Trevorrow, Jurassic World came out of one very specific quote in Jurassic Park — and another very specific quote will serve as the basis of Jurassic World 2. Find out which Jurassic Park quote inspired Jurassic World after the jump.
Read More »
As of now, Jurassic World is the biggest movie of the year. That might change this winter once Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters, but for now Universal Pictures is having a huge year at the box office, so we’ll let the studio bask in that glory for awhile.
This fall, fans will be able to bring home the Indominus Rex when the movie hits Blu-Ray and DVD on October 20. (Or you can get it on Digital HD a bit earlier on October 1st.) Universal is teasing all the special features that will be available on the home video release, showing the making of Jurassic World. There’s a collection of eight short featurettes you can watch below! Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, August 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
There was a lot to like about this summer’s Jurassic World. Chris Pratt! Velociraptors! T-Rexes! Hybrid dinosaur monstrosities even bigger than T-Rexes! Bryce Dallas Howard’s apparently supernatural ability to sprint in stilettos! The one thing it didn’t have, though, was Legos. Which seems like an especially glaring oversight when we all know how well Chris Pratt and Legos go together.
A new video short thankfully fixes that by remaking all of Jurassic World in Lego form. Plus, it gets the job done in just 90 seconds, saving you approximately 122 and a half minutes. Watch the Lego Jurassic World video after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Sunday, August 16th, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Outlander‘s Tobias Menzies signs up for Underworld 5
- Dave Franco is also moving back in for Neighbors 2
- Jack Reacher 2 is gearing up for a fall shoot
- Jurassic World returns to IMAX 3D for one week only
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 reveals first images; John Stamos joins the cast
- Mrs. Doubtfire 2 definitely won’t happen without Robin Williams
- LeBron James is hoping for a Space Jam 2
- Sinister 2 drops a new clip and a featurette
- Lionsgate’s latest Hunger Games ad is accidentally NSFW
- Simon Pegg talks about feeling “pressure” as the writer of Star Trek Beyond
- Chris Pine and Idris Elba bicker (for charity) on the set of Star Trek Beyond
Read More »