The Swedish film Force Majeure took festivals by storm last year thanks to a tough but blackly funny story and some great performances. The film, directed by Ruben Ostlund, was an awards favorite at home, sweeping the Swedish version of the Oscars, and it took the Un Certain Regard jury prize at Cannes in 2014. And now the film is winning another, slightly more dubious honor, as there’s now a Force Majeure remake in the works thanks to Fox Searchlight. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, March 6th, 2015 by Angie Han
The more things change, eh? Season 3 of Veep ended with a major step forward for Selina Meyer (Julia Louis-Dreyfus), as the president’s resignation put her in the Oval Office. And the Season 4 trailer begins with her reveling in her new position of power — she’s like “a real-life Mariah Carey,” in the immortal words of Mike (Matt Walsh).
But it’s not long before she finds herself drowning in the same old bullshit: incompetent staff members, petty rivalries, broken equipment, and her own delusions of grandeur. Watch the Veep Season 4 trailer after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
Enough Said features what sounds like a stock romcom premise: girl meets boy, girl befriends other girl, girl finds out that other girl and boy used to be married, and subsequently starts questioning the relationship. But with Nicole Holofcener in the director’s chair, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus, James Gandolfini, and Catherine Keener in the leads, it’s probably safe to expect something unusually clever and witty to come out of the concept.
The first full-length trailer has hit the web in advance of the film’s upcoming premiere, and you can see it after the jump.
TV Bits: ‘Dexter’, ‘Boardwalk Empire’, ‘Homeland’, ‘The Office’, ‘Veep’, ‘House of Cards’, ‘The Newsroom’
Posted on Monday, April 15th, 2013 by Angie Han
Happy Monday! After the jump you’ll find the following TV news:
- Patrick Duffy would do a Step By Step reunion
- Boardwalk Empire adds Patricia Arquette
- Homeland loses Virgil as a series regular
- The Newsroom gets a return date and a teaser
- AMC sets a date for Hell on Wheels
- When are your other faves returning?
- House of Cards Season 2 is about to start shooting
- See Veep‘s Veep meet the real Veep
- The Office says farewell via a web series
- See the first footage from Dexter Season 8
Posted on Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
Disney’s Cars spin-off Planes is getting a boost from a high-profile voice cast. Following Dane Cook‘s casting last month as protagonist Dusty, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Teri Hatcher, John Cleese, and many more have signed on to fill the supporting cast. There’s even a mini Top Gun reunion going on, with Val Kilmer and Anthony Edwards. Get details on and images of their characters after the jump.
Posted on Thursday, April 12th, 2012 by Angie Han
Between the second season of Game of Thrones and the premieres of buzzed-about comedies Girls and Veep, April 2012 seems like an especially great time to have an HBO subscription — or, HBO hopes, to sign up for one if you haven’t already. The premium cable network has announced a plan to offer the first episodes of the two new shows for free online, starting the day after their debuts. Curious TV watchers will be able to check out the episodes via HBO.com, YouTube, DailyMotion, TV.com, and various Free On Demand platforms. More details after the jump.
If I asked you to guess what Robogeddon was, would you surmise that it was a new TV project by James Cameron? Also after the jump:
- The final season of Breaking Bad will be split in two
- Glee, New Girl, and Raising Hope get renewals
- Southland will probably be back for a fifth season
- Another, longer behind-the-scenes Veep featurette
- Lauren Cohan is now a regular on The Walking Dead
- Kristen Wiig still deciding about Saturday Night Live
- Of course Game of Thrones will be back for Season 3
Community‘s Dan Harmon is very sorry you had to witness that nasty drama between him and Chevy Chase. Also after the jump:
- The first three minutes of Falling Skies‘ second season
- Target’s “Little Avengers” ad is pretty cute, if you like kids
- HBO releases another trailer for its politica satire Veep
- Robert Redford will produce a Watergate doc for Discovery
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse, a.k.a. McLovin, heads to CBS
- Watch a preview for Ricky Gervais’ new comedy-drama Derek
TV Bits: Eddie Izzard is Grandpa in ‘Munsters’ Reboot, Plus: ‘Veep’, ‘Girls’, ‘American Horror Story’, ‘Magic City’, ‘Mad Men’, Jason O’Mara
Posted on Wednesday, March 21st, 2012 by Angie Han
Yes, that Munsters reboot is still happening, and now it even has a star. After the jump:
- Eddie Izzard heads to Mockingbird Lane
- Mad Men messes up a tiny period detail
- Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine is an actor now
- Terra Nova star Jason O’Mara finds a new job
- Starz has already renewed Magic City
- HBO has new posters for Veep and Girls