Posted on Thursday, July 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got more sequel bits than you can shake a stick at. After the jump:
- Syfy’s Lavalantula sequel gets a brilliantly bad title
- Kung Pow 2 is happening, says director Steve Oedekerk
- The Transporter Refueled drives into IMAX theaters this fall
- Ride Along 2 gets a PG-13 rating from the MPAA
- Neighbors 2 and Sinister 2 get release date changes
- Simon Pegg has an issue with the Mission: Impossible marketing
- Tom Cruise is adamant Top Gun 2 won’t be filled with CG jets
- Chris McQuarrie explains why he’s not doing Jack Reacher 2
- Josh Gad gives a (jokey) tease about the Frozen 2 plot
- Charlie Hunnam hopes Pacific Rim 2 is more character-driven
- Idris Elba will be “interesting” and “complex” in Star Trek 3
- Hotel Transylvania 2 unveils a new travel promo
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, June 25th, 2015 by Angie Han
Warner Bros. is high on Ezra Miller. The future Flash is now closing in on a major role in the studio’s other big franchise, the Harry Potter spinoff Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. He joins Eddie Redmayne, who plays protagonist Newt Scamander, and Katherine Waterston.
Meanwhile, the project is getting close to casting a couple of other major roles as well, with Josh Gad and Michael Cera said to be among those in contention. More on the Fantastic Beasts Ezra Miller news after the jump. Read More »
Summer isn’t even halfway over, so there are still plenty of big movies coming to theaters in the next couple months. And surprisingly enough, one of the more entertaining films could end up being an Adam Sandler vehicle. Maybe I’m in the minority, but the trailers for the video game inspired action adventure comedy Pixels actually have me a little excited for this July release, despite the involvement of Sandler.
And if you’ve been wanting to know a little more about the film from director Chris Columbus (Home Alone, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone), a couple new featurettes have surfaced, diving into the 8-bit assault on Earth. Watch the Pixels featurettes after the jump! Read More »
By now, you probably know if you’re going to see Pixels or not. Directed by Chris Columbus, the film stars Adam Sandler, Peter Dinklage, Josh Gad, Kevin James and Michelle Monaghan as former video game champions who are asked to save the world when real life video game characters invade Earth. Think Independence Day starring the cast of The King of Kong.
If you still aren’t sure and are hoping for some new nugget to get excited about in this second Pixels trailer, it’s probably not going to do it. There is some new footage in here, including a bit with Kevin James killing a Smurf, as well as some background on the characters, but for the most part its the same few set pieces as the last trailer. The optimist in me is hoping Sony is simply holding back lots of other moments for the theater, but that tends not to be the case with the films of James and Sandler. Watch the new Pixels trailer below. Read More »
We’ve got set photos, release dates and cast announcements. Lots of good stuff in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- It Follows star Maika Monroe joins Independence Day 2.
- Michael Bay posts images of several vehicles from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
- Josh Gad explains how John Lasseter told him about Frozen 2.
- Kevin Smith talks the number of characters and influences for Mallrats 2.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 has been moved up two months.
- Keanu Reeves says Bill and Ted 3 is closer than ever.
- Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday is on Instagram.
- See Penelope Cruz in Zoolander 2.
- The Super Troopers 2 IndieGoGo campaign has ended.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
With every new bit of casting, Disney’s Beauty and the Beast sounds more delightful. And we aren’t the only ones who think so — the actors seem pretty satisfied with their new colleagues, too.
As Bthe live-action fairy tale prepares to shoot in London, stars Ian McKellen and Josh Gad have offered a tiny glimpse into the process. Based on their reports, working with the likes of Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, Luke Evans, and Kevin Kline is exactly as cool as you think it’d be. Check out the Josh Gad and Ian McKellen Beauty and the Beast updates after the jump. Read More »
When old school video game icons attack the world, who ya gonna call? Adam Sandler, Josh Gad, Kevin James and Peter Dinklage of course. Those four, along with Michelle Monaghan, lead Pixels, the latest film from director Chris Columbus. It opens July 24 but you can watch the first Pixels trailer now. Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 13th, 2015 by Angie Han
Josh Gad‘s relationship with Disney will extend beyond Frozen and Olaf. The American actor has just been set to star in Bill Condon‘s live-action adaptation of Beauty and the Beast, joining Brits Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, and Luke Evans.
If you’ve seen Disney’s 1991 animated version of the tale, you can probably guess whom he’s playing. Get details on the Beauty and the Beast Josh Gad casting afer the jump. Read More »
The same Disney shareholder’s call that brought us news of a proper Star Wars sequel release date and the title of the first spin-off has also delivered on the Disney Animation front. Frozen 2 was announced during the call, with Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee returning to develop the film, and Josh Gad confirmed to reprise the role of Olaf. Read More »