Posted on Monday, July 15th, 2013 by Angie Han
Marvel’s been meaning to get around to a Doctor Strange movie for years, but in recent months the talk has really intensified. Kevin Feige confirmed that the Sorcerer Supreme would finally get his standalone in Phase Three of the Cinematic Universe, and a new rumor about a potential star, director, or storyline seems to crop up every few weeks.
Today, the latest (unconfirmed) word is that Marvel’s already got their eye on a leading man. The studio reportedly wants Joseph Gordon-Levitt to play Doc Strange, though there’s still a pretty wide chasm between “wants” and “has struck a deal with.” More about the possible casting after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Over the last few years, the world has fallen in love with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, the actor. This October, you’ll fall in love with him as a director too. His first film, Don Jon, hits theaters October 18. It features the actor as a young ladies man from Jersey, with one major problem in life: he’s totally addicted to Internet porn. The vice dominates all aspects of his life, whether he’s dating Scarlett Johnasson, meeting Julianne Moore or hanging with father Tony Danza. Gordon-Levitt, as a director and actor, handles that awkward topic with grace, crafting a hilarious and poignant film. You can read our thoughts about it right here.
Now, you can finally get a glimpse at Don Jon yourself as the first trailer has been released. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 by Angie Han
20th Century Fox has just closed a deal to remake the classic stage and screen musical Guys and Dolls, and they know just who they want to be their new Frank Sinatra and Marlon Brando.
While no contracts have actually been signed yet, Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are reportedly the top picks to be Nathan Detroit and Sky Masterson, and apparently the pair are interested. No writer or director is attached at this time. We’ll run down the history of the project after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, April 10th, 2013 by Angie Han
Briefly: Another Sundance hit is prepping for a theatrical bow. Relativity has just announced an October 18 wide release for Don Jon (formerly Don Jon’s Addiction), Joseph Gordon-Levitt‘s crowd-pleasing feature directorial debut. The deal was one of the biggest at this year’s Sundance, so the splashy rollout shouldn’t come as much of a surprise. Don Jon faces some rather varied competition on that date, including The Seventh Son, Kimberly Peirce’s Carrie remake, and Lee Daniels’ The Butler.
In addition to directing, Gordon-Levitt also leads the cast as a ladies’ man addicted to porn. His former Angels in the Outfield co-star Tony Danza plays his dad, and Scarlett Johansson and Julianne Moore portray two very different women who teach him about the ways of love. Read Germain’ full-length review from Sundance here.
One of our favorite blockbuster superstar actor is returning to his roots on TV; a popular author is about to Geek Out; and the Coen Brothers go back to Fargo. Here’s what’s in this edition of TV Bits:
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt is bringing HitRECord to TV.
- AMC orders Geek Out pilot starring Fanboys writer Ernie Cline.
- Actress Sophie Lowe has been cast in the Once Upon a Time spinoff titled Once: Wonderland.
- Another popular show, Pretty Little Liars, gets a spinoff called Ravenswood.
- The classic Coen Brothers’ film Fargo will inspire a 10 episode series on FX in Spring 2014.
- The Amazon series Zombieland gets a cool promo image.
- Another Amazon series, called Betas, has been revealed.
- CBS renewed 14 of their shows for next season.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
Now that a director’s been locked in for Episode VII, the big question is who’ll get to star in it. And that’s what today’s Star Wars Bits is all about. After the jump:
- Disney CEO confirms the original trio is in talks to return
- Billy Dee Williams has also been asked to come back
- Warwick Davis is “definitely” looking to do more Star Wars
- New details revealed for Star Wars: First Assault game
- Eli Roth, JGL, Mila Kunis, Stanley Tucci and more weigh in
Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 11th, 2013 by Angie Han
Who exactly is G.I. Joe: Retaliation‘s Cobra Commander? Find out after the jump. Also:
- Expect the cast to return for Oz The Great and Powerful 2
- Josh Duhamel will make a cameo in Transformers 4
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt talks Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
- Don’t hold your breath for a Simpsons Movie sequel
- A Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance stuntman is suing Sony
- V/H/S 2 gets a release date and some new images
- See images and video from the Star Trek scoring studio
- Just what is in that new Star Trek Into Darkness teaser?
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Much like John Carter of Mars became John Carter, Don Jon’s Addiction is now officially Don Jon. Writer/director/star Joseph Gordon-Levitt took to Facebook Friday to reveal he decided to change the title of his hilarious online-porn comedy and, dropped a few news images on us as well. That’s one above and, after the jump, you can see more (including co-stars Scarlett Johansson and Tony Danza) plus read Gordon-Levitt’s reasons for the title change, updates on a trailer and more. Read More »