Lionsgate has announced a Summer 2016 release date for Now You See Me 2. The magical heist sequel will hit theaters the same weekend that the original film made its debut in 2013. Hit the jump to find out more about the film and the Now You See Me 2 release date.
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, June 12th, 2014 by Angie Han
UPDATE: Variety now confirms that Jon M. Chu is in talks to direct Now You See Me 2.
Lionsgate didn’t necessarily expect Now You See Me to hit as big as it did. Once it saw how much money the magician thriller was raking in, though, the studio knew just what to do: It got the wheels turning on a sequel.
Now, those wheels are moving toward a new director. According to a new report, G.I. Joe‘s Jon M. Chu is now the frontrunner to direct Now You See Me 2. Hit the jump for all the details on this latest development.
The first four actors for Jon M. Chu‘s Jem and the Holograms movie have been announced, but there are more to come. The next piece of the puzzle is the actor who’ll play Rio. In the original cartoon that is being updated for the film, Rio Pacheco was the band’s road manager and tech guy, and also the love interest for Jem. The film now has its leading man, as Ryan Guzman (Step Up Revolution and All In) has been cast in the role. Read More »
Last month, no one thought a Jem and the Holograms movie was possible. This month, it’s already filming and the cast has now been revealed.
Aubrey Peeples, best known for a role on TV’s Nashville, will play Jem. Disney star Stefanie Scott is Jem’s sister Kimber, Aurora Perrineau (Pretty Little Liars) is Shana and Hayley Kiyoko (Lemonade Mouth) is Aja.
Jon M. Chu is directing from a script by Ryan Landels. The director posted a photo of the full Jem and the Holograms movie cast, which you can check out below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 by Angie Han
If I asked you to name the most iconic movie franchise of all time, would you say Transformers? Mark Wahlberg would — and he’s pretty sure the new one will be the biggest film of 2014. Also after the jump:
- Transformers 4 will use the Dolby Atmos sound system
- Ninja Turtles, Minions, and more are getting special 3D glasses
- Dwayne Johnson says Jon M. Chu won’t be back for G.I. Joe 3
- Lego Movie co-financer will not be asked back for the sequel
- Get updates on the Dark Crystal and Fraggle Rock movies
- Leland Orser, of Taken and Taken 2, will return for Taken 3
- Neal McDonough will be the bad guy in Paul Blart 2
- Jurassic World is looking for extras in Louisiana
Posted on Friday, March 21st, 2014 by Germain Lussier
Thursday’s April Fools-esque revelation Jon M. Chu would direct a Jem and the Holograms movie with producer Jason Blum is 100% true. Teamed with Justin Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun, the trio took to YouTube to announce the project and ask the public for crowdsourced ideas. It was a big deal for lots of fans of the “totally outrageous” Eighties cartoon.
Later that night, the director took to Twitter to chat about the film. One of the revelations was that Chu will make Jem before G.I. Joe 3 because that Joe script is “taking a little longer” than expected. Read the quotes below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 20th, 2014 by Russ Fischer
Jon M. Chu has made or been linked to multiple ’80s cartoon revivals. There’s his G.I. Joe film, and then the Masters of the Universe movie he was attached to direct at one point. Now Chu, along with producers Jason Blum and Scooter Braun and Hasbro, has announced an intention to make a live-action Jem and the Holograms movie.
The original cartoon (and the toy line it promoted) was about of Jerrica Benton and her rock and roll alter-ego, Jem, who fronted a band called The Holograms. Based on Chu’s announcement of the project, the aim will be to keep some of the core idea while updating it for a modern telling. And the director and his producers are looking to recruit fan input for the project. Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 3rd, 2014 by Angie Han
Here’s one way 2014 won’t be much different from 2013: The flood of sequels, reboots, and remakes isn’t slowing down anytime soon. After the jump:
- Short Term 12 star Keith Stanfield will be part of The Purge 2
- That Starship Troopers remake will be closer to the source material
- Jon M. Chu talks G.I. Joe 3 and dropping Masters of the Universe
- What do the new Ninja Turtles action figures tell us about the movie?
- The guys are back together for a new Horrible Bosses 2 image
Sequel Bits: ‘G.I. Joe 3,’ ‘Bill and Ted 3,’ ‘Transformers 4,’ ‘Point Break,’ ‘Dawn of The Planet Of The Apes’
Posted on Thursday, December 26th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Keanu Reeves is the star of this edition of Sequel Bits, talking about the latest in regards to Bill and Ted 3 and dismissing another film he was never involved in in the first place. Below, read about the following:
- Jon M. Chu hopes G.I. Joe 3 will shoot in 2014 and says Channing Tatum‘s return isn’t likely.
- Keanu Reeves says they’re looking for funding for Bill and Ted 3.
- Reeves also said he won’t appear in a Point Break remake.
- Check out three new character shots from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- Mark Wahlberg gives some details on his character in Transformers: Age of Extinction.