Posted on Monday, November 12th, 2012 by Angie Han
At first blush, Harry Potter and Don Draper wouldn’t seem to have much in common, but according to a new Brit miniseries, the former grows up to become the latter. Daniel Radcliffe and Jon Hamm signed on several months back to star in the drama-comedy A Young Doctor’s Notebook, as younger and older versions of the same character.
A batch of set photos circulated a few weeks back, showing the actors trying their hardest (and mostly failing IMO) to look like the same person, and now the first trailer has hit the web. Hit the jump to see if they fare any better on video. At the very least, you’ll get to enjoy the novelty of seeing these two engage in some steamy loofah action.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, November 2nd, 2012 by Angie Han
Under what circumstances might you see Harry Potter and Don Draper taking a bath together? Hit the jump to find out. Plus:
- Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert go live for the election
- What does your favorite show say about your politics?
- Brendan Fraser won’t be one of TNT’s Legends after all
- AMC puts Hell on Wheels‘ Season 3 renewal on hold
- FX isn’t so happy with the second Powers pilot, either
- An adaptation of Tim Seeley‘s Revival is in the works
- HBO goes forward with Stephen Merchant‘s Hello Ladies
Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 26th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV Bits is all great news if you like Garden State, or just mostly great news if you don’t. After the jump:
- Oz and Willow will reunite on CBS’ How I Met Your Mother
- Arrested Development adds Andy Richter and Conan O’Brien
- Zach Braff develops the Garden State-esque Garage Bar for ABC
- Steve Carell produces a sitcom for Daily Show‘s Jason Jones
- Greg Daniels and Kevin from The Office team for ABC comedy
- Ted Danson spills plot details on the Bored to Death movie
- Check out photos of Mad Men‘s Don and Megan chilling in Hawaii
- See a trailer for The Carrie Diaries, the CW’s Sex and the City prequel
Read More »
Fright Night may not have done massive business for Disney and DreamWorks, but it was good enough to keep the principals on board at Disney. Screenwriter Marti Noxon was just announced as part of a new Pixar project, and now Fright Night remake director Craig Gillespie, who also made Lars and the Real Girl, is in talks to make the baseball drama Million Dollar Arm. Jon Hamm remains set to star. Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
We already know what Larry David‘s new film will be about (a marketing exec who misses out on a lucrative startup) and how it’ll be distributed (on HBO). Now we also know what it’ll be called and who’ll star in it.
According to a new report, the movie’s now going by the name Clear History, and the cast contains a healthy mix of comedians and non-comedians. In addition to David and the previously rumored Jon Hamm and Michael Keaton, the confirmed cast also includes Bill Hader, Danny McBride, Philip Baker Hall, Amy Ryan, Kate Hudson, Eva Mendes, and JB Smoove. More after the jump.
Read More »
Earlier this Summer, news broke that Larry David was shopping a semi-improvised feature film idea with Greg Mottola at the helm. Fox Searchlight was reportedly interested in distribution.
Now, however, it seems David’s film might not make it to the big screen after all. HBO has apparently swooped in, offered the star of the show Curb Your Enthusiasm a higher budget, and might end up premiering the film on their network. The plot of the film is still under wraps but is believed to feature David, Michael Keaton and Jon Hamm among others. Read more after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 by Angie Han
Daniel Radcliffe and Jon Hamm sign on to play the same guy, while a Cabin in the Woods star who’s not Chris Hemsworth lands a sweet new gig. Also after the jump:
- True Blood reveals a new poster for Season 5
- A Heroes alum becomes Sigourney Weaver’s boss
- Amazon Studios pushes into TV, calls for ideas
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
What happens when you blend The Avengers with the popular TV show Friends? Is Marvel planning multiple Avengers video games? Where can you purchase the actual movie-used props of Thor‘s hammer or Captain America‘s shield? Which comic book is on pace to outperform Justice League #1? What influences did the costume designer for The Dark Knight Rises bring into the Bane outfit? How many superhero films has Jon Hamm been offered? And how did Joss Whedon seek to differentiate his Hulk from the previous films? Read about all of this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »