Posted on Thursday, January 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
Bruce Willis has starred in many sequels over the course of his three-decade career, but in 2013 he really outdoes himself with three separate sequels and nothing else. The first of them, A Good Day to Die Hard, hits next month, followed by G.I. Joe: Retaliation in March. Bringing up the rear is Red 2, which has just unveiled a first trailer in advance of its August release.
While the first one wasn’t anything special, it was an enjoyable bit of fluff elevated by a stellar cast. Red 2 looks to be in a similar vein. Dean Parisot (Galaxy Quest) takes over directing duties this time around, while Willis, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich, and Mary-Louise Parker all reprise their roles. This time around, the gang is headed to Europe to stop a nuclear device from falling into the wrong hands. Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta-Jones, David Thewlis, and Willis’ G.I. Joe co-star Byung-hun Lee also appear. Check out the video after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, December 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
Wondering what sequelized delights await us in 2013 and beyond? After the jump:
- Jackie Chan joins Expendables 3, wants to do Rush Hour 4
- Dennis Haysbert talks about replacing Michael Clarke Duncan in Sin City 2
- Mark Wahlberg calls Transformers 4 the most important role of his career
- Michael Bay says that the “leaked” Transformers 4 script is a fake
- David Wain is definitely still working on Wet Hot American Summer 2
- Adam Green is excited to explore Victor Crowley’s story in Hatchet III
- J.J. Abrams has thoughts on the 3D conversion for Star Trek Into Darkness
- George Miller‘s Mad Max: Fury Road has finished shooting
- New images and plot details emerge for The Hangover Part 3
- A still from Red 2 shows off some godawful outfits
Read More »
There’s a short new trailer for Warm Bodies, the zombie romantic comedy from director Jonathan Levine (50/50, The Wackness), starring Nicholas Hoult as a zombie who falls for a human girl (Teresa Palmer). It’s the classic wrong side of the tracks romantic setup, complete with the girl’s father (John Malkovich) being a guy who is opposed — really, violently opposed — to the idea of their relationship.
Malkovich gets a bit more play in this trailer, which, despite being only one minute long, is probably more effective than the first longer spot for the film was. Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 12th, 2012 by Angie Han
Is it time to look ahead to 2013 already? After the jump:
- The Hangover 3 will shoot in Orange County, CA
- Paul Walker is recovering from a Fast Six injury
- Monsters Inc.‘s Mike is Billy Crystal‘s favorite role
- Liam Neeson collected $10 million for Taken 2
- Matt Damon probably won’t play Bourne again
- Roberto Orci defends the one-second Star Trek clip
- Over-the-hill movie stars team up in Red 2 set photos
- See a new photo from Wrong Turn 5: Bloodlines
Read More »
Screenwriters? Check. Release date? Check. Now Red 2, the sequel to the 2010 comic book adaptation starring Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich and Helen Mirren has an all-important director as well. Dean Parisot, the director of Galaxy Quest and Fun With Dick and Jane, will helm the sequel which is expected to return all four of those stars. Writers Jon and Erich Hoeber were hired to write the script last January and Summit announced August 2, 2013 as the film’s release date. It’ll be Parisot’s job to bring those two things together. Read more after the break. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, September 8th, 2011 by Angie Han
John Malkovich is in final talks to join the zombie romance Warm Bodies, directed by Jonathan Levine (50/50). Based on the novel by Isaac Marion, the film stars Nicholas Hoult as an angsty zombie named R who strikes up a friendship with the human girlfriend of one of his victims and sets off a chain of events that eventually affects all of zombie society. On the surface, it sounds like a pretty typical supernatural love story, but I’ve heard very good things about the book, so I’ve got high hopes that it won’t just be another Twilight.
Teresa Palmer and Rob Corddry are also set to star, as the human love interest and another zombie undergoing an existential crisis, respectively. Malkovich will be playing the villainous “General Grigio, who’s obsessed with the destruction of the zombie threat.” Oh, and he’s also Julie’s father. How awkward. [Variety]
After the jump, Gwyneth Paltrow and Abigail Breslin sign on for two different sex comedies. Yes, that Abigail Breslin. Yes, we’re getting old.
Read More »
After the long Fourth of July weekend we don’t have a lot of news on the casting front, but there are a few good stories to share, and they’re all in a similar vein. Today, the theme is crime pictures. After the break you’ll find info on the following:
- John Malkovich is taking the lead in Siberian Education, which chronicles the culture of crime in a small community near the Ukraine.
- Parker, the new screen version of Richard Stark’s classic crime character, gets two supporting players.
- And French film The Lookout casts Daniel Auteuil as a cop out to catch a sharpshooter who ruined a well-laid police plan. Read More »
Paramount Pictures has released eight new photos for Michael Bay‘s Transformers: Dark of the Moon, which first premiered on Yahoo. The new shots feature a mix of human character shots and big robot rendered action. Check the new stills out after the jump. Please leave your thoughts in the comments below.
Read More »
With the approaching release of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, images from the film are starting to get out into the wild. It seems like there are certain requirements for any Transformers stills that don’t feature robots: they’ve got to have explosions, Shia LaBeouf running, or characters appearing to cautiously move through a location. And now we’ve got an image to cover each one of those bases for the third film. Check ’em out after the break. And, sorry, no robots. Read More »