Toys are a necessary part of blockbuster filmmaking, but they’re also the bane of its existence. On seemingly every single major Hollywood film, it’s the toys that reveal our first look at something major. For Jurassic World it was the D-Rex; for Transformers 4 it was Grimlock; the list goes on and on. It took longer than usual but the same thing has begun to happen for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. An image has appeared online that shows Finn, Rey, BB-8, Chewbacca and a mystery character that may or may not be Kylo Ren. However, an additional piece of concept art was released that almost certainly is Ren. Find out more about The Force Awakens toy leak below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Lucasfilm and EW have chosen just about the coolest way for you to meet the characters in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. They’ve released images of Topps-style trading cards, based on old Star Wars designs, that reveal the Star Wars: The Force Awakens official character names. Read them below. Read More »
Lots of talk, discussion and speculation surrounding The Force Awakens trailer are in this edition of Star Wars Bits, but lots more too. Below, read about the following:
- How many views did the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer get in the first 72 hours?
- The code name for the 2016 Star Wars Stand Alone has been revealed.
- Two new actors have been revealed for The Force Awakens along with their roles.
- Watch Good Morning America‘s “exclusive” revelation about The Force Awakens trailer.
- Marvel announces big events for release of Star Wars #1.
- Benedict Cumberbatch talks about not being in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer.
- The mystery of Clone Troopers vs. Storm Troopers is settled by the official Star Wars Twitter.
- John Boyega responds to hateful comments of his role in The Force Awakens.
- David Prowse would have loved to be in The Force Awakens.
- Watch a video of the Alamo Drafthouse Force Awakens trailer event.
- Read a line of dialogue from The Force Awakens, a setting description and maybe the opening of the film.
Read More »
The circle is now complete. In three weeks, J.J. Abrams will be done with principal photography on Star Wars Episode VII. In this edition of Star Wars Bits read about that milestone, and get info on the following items:
- The new London ILM president suggests we’ll only get six Star Wars movies over the next ten years.
- Could Darth Bane be the villain of Star Wars Episode VII?
- John Boyega tweets a very curious image of an R2 unit.
- Star Wars Rebels set a ratings record on Disney XD.
- Read the titles and credits for Star Wars Rebels episodes 7 and 10.
- Star Wars Rebels character Zare Leonis is NOT John Boyega’s Star Wars Episode VII character.
- Get $190 worth of Star Wars comics for whatever price you want to pay.
Read More »
Either J.J. Abrams has just raised his mystery box tactics to a whole new level, or people are terrible. You decide.
For the past five months, Abrams has been all over the world filming Star Wars Episode VII with a near-unprecedented level of curiosity surrounding the production. Paparazzi have been clamoring for set photos. Images of the actors simply walking on the streets are news. Recently, drones captured set images Abrams was surely not happy to see. That’s not even counting the online leaks about plot points, characters and more.
The whole time, the two safest and most exciting sources of Star Wars news were Daisy Ridley and John Boyega. The young actors, likely the two leads of the film, had been carefully documenting the process on social media. Both loved to tweet their thoughts about the process, posting funny videos and photos on Instagram, all the while never revealing anything.
The most we knew about Boyega’s character was the actor listened to lots of great Hollywood scores to get pumped for his scenes. Ridley revealed even less, mostly that she was spending a lot of time with Boyega and was genuinely ecstatic about the whole process. All in all, the two exuded passion that was infectious and harmless. If anything, it was helping get fans even more excited for the film.
Then, over the past few days, both accounts disappeared. Boyega’s Instagram remains (as of press time) and a Lucasfilm representative told /Film they were just as surprised as we were to see the accounts gone. That leads us to ask the question, why did John Boyega and Daisy Ridley leave Twitter? Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
One of the most iconic Star Wars actors has finished his work on the new film, plus a new actor has some thoughts for the old guard and more in this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Details on the Star Wars Episode VII shoot in the Forest of Dean have been revealed.
- Anthony Daniels has finished his shooting on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Oscar Isaac wishes George Lucas had left the original trilogy alone.
- What does Ron Burgundy dressed as Han Solo look like?
- David Oyelowo confirms there will be exciting cameos in Star Wars Rebels.
- Learn the secrets of The Phantom, part of The Ghost, in Star Wars Rebels.
- John Boyega is adding his voice to a cartoon.
Read More »
It was an exciting weekend to be a Star Wars fan. If you missed the fun, don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Below, read the following:
- Watch the first footage of actual filming on the set of Star Wars Episode VII featuring John Boyega. (Non-spoiler, too!)
- See potential set photos of Adam Driver and Gwendoline Christie on set in very Star Wars-y outfits. (spoilers hidden)
- Is Endor a location in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Disneyland Paris will gets Star Wars upgrade in the coming years.
- WWE wrestler Sheamus settles that Darth Vader rumor.
- Crazy rumors say Daniel Craig, Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson and Hugh Jackman are in Episode VII.
- Watch two new Star Wars Rebels TV spots.
- Look at Eric Tan‘s amazing Star Wars Trilogy prints and the above Han Solo piece.
Read More »
The above Star Wars Episode 7 fan poster was created by hobo95 (see more of his art on deviantart). Here is a look at what we’ll be talking about in today’s edition of Star Wars bits:
- John Boyega tweets a photo tease promising shooting has started on a new planet
- Liam Neeson comments on if he will return as Qui-Gon Jinn in Episode VII
- Tina Fey vows to crush Star Wars Episode 7
- Rumored descriptions for Star Wars Rebels Episodes 3 and 4
- Listen to Vanessa Marshall read an excerpt from Star Wars: A New Dawn
- Marvel declines to answer questions about Star Wars royalties
Hit the jump to read about all this and more.
Read More »
What you’ve got to love about Twitter are the windows it opens. The way a single tweet can just set your imagination on fire with possibility. Monday night, that happened twice. First as a joke, and then as a photo.
The photo featured Star Wars Episode VII director J.J. Abrams with his two co-stars, John Boyega and Daisy Ridley. It made you dream about the conversations being held between these three. Then, in the background, was someone else. Another famous director who, earlier that evening, made you wish if you could be one place in the world last night, it was with him. Edgar Wright tweeted that he too was hanging out with Abrams. Read More »