The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next the power of Star Wars Bits. This week’s news from a galaxy far, far away includes the following:
- Details on The Battle of Jakku and more post-Return of the Jedi info
- Harrison Ford gives advice to new co-stars, uses lightsaber as a cane
- New info on Han Solo and Chewie in The Force Awakens
- BB-8 on the cover of Make magazine
- Comic-Con interviews with J.J. Abrams and cast
- George Lucas to be honored at D23
- Science Channel ILM documentary special teaser clip
- Kevin Smith got screwed by Star Wars at Comic-Con
- Production designer talks mandate for authenticity in Episode VII
- Amy Schumer‘s saucy Star Wars photoshoot for GQ
- New details on Star Wars Battlefront gameplay
- Gary Whitta on Star Wars and the Comic-Con experience
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
At Comic-Con in San Diego, the panel for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was a nice blend of the new and old. New cast members John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Gwendoline Christie and Domhnall Gleeson were on hand, and classic heroes Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were also present. Their presence made for a fun, exciting panel, even if the footage shown wasn’t exclusive to the convention itself.
But the payoff came when director J.J. Abrams started talking about the music of Star Wars. Upon getting affirmation that the Hall H audience loved the music of Star Wars, Abrams delivered some incredible news. The entire crowd of Hall H, about 6,500 people, would be leaving the convention center to attend a live Star Wars concert.
Find out more about the Star Wars Comic Con concert after the jump! Read More »
After waiting hours in line over the past two days (yes, we have to wait in line just like everyone else), Lucasfilm finally wowed Comic-Con with their panel in Hall H for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it did not disappoint.
Although there weren’t any major announcements about forthcoming Star Wars Anthology projects or the next two episodes of the new Star Wars trilogy, fans were still left with the feeling that they could take on the whole Empire (or First Order) themselves. Why? Because a wonderful sizzle reel took us behind the scenes of the production of the film, and cast members both new and old came to hype up the start of a new era of Star Wars.
Below, find out everything we learned during the Star Wars Comic Con panel! Read More »
The bits are flying all over the place in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- John Knoll talks physics of the Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One teaser trailer.
- Read the first official interviews given by John Boyega and Daisy Ridley for The Force Awakens.
- Watch some more reaction videos to the latest Force Awakens trailer.
- See a visual breakdown of every musical moment in the Star Wars series.
- Kathleen Kennedy talks about secrecy surrounding The Force Awakens.
- Check out a supercut of every single character in the Star Wars saga.
- Mark Hamill released some personal photos from the set of Return of the Jedi.
- Did J.J. Abrams film some of The Force Awakens in the world’s third largest cave?
- Find out some answers to burning questions regarding Star Wars Battlefront.
- A spoiler filled scene from Star Wars: The Force Awakens is described.
Read More »
We’ve got more Star Wars Celebration round-up items, as well as some cool Force Awakens info, in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read the following:
- Force Awakens star John Boyega is back on Twitter, and walked around Celebration in disguise.
- Disney is recreating the Millennium Falcon cockpit on their cruise ship.
- George Lucas says Star Wars: The Force Awakens is a “different” kind of story.
- Marvel announced two new Star Wars comic books.
- A new Del Ray book has been revealed: Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company.
- Author Alan Dean Foster will write The Force Awakens novelization.
- Watch a Lego version of the Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One trailer.
- Listen to Peter on a podcast about Star Wars Celebration.
- See where the X-Wing sequences in the Force Awakens trailer were filmed.
- Ben Mendelsohn tiptoes around his potential Rogue One casting.
- Want to see a Gonk Droid in Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
- J.J. Abrams takes the Twizzler Challenge.
- Star Wars Celebration 2016 will be in London from July 15-17, 2016.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, April 16th, 2015 by Angie Han
Star Wars Celebration got off to a rousing start today with the Star Wars: The Force Awakens panel. Details were spilled, footage was revealed, cast members were celebrated — and among all that, a bunch of new official images were revealed.
Some were stills featuring characters like Rey (Daisy Ridley), Fin (John Boyega), and Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac); others were behind-the-scenes images of director J.J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy, and more. Flip through the new Star Wars 7 images after the jump.
Read More »
Next week, the second trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be revealed. You can read more about that here. It’ll then be in theaters with Avengers: Age of Ultron. But what, specifically, will the trailer feature? MakingStarWars has a very intriguing list of images they believe are going to appear in the trailer. If it’s true, this is going to be insane. Read the Force Awakens trailer 2 details below.
Read More »
You’re in luck today because there’s a whole bunch of great information in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker are first actors confirmed for Star Wars Celebration.
- Matthew Vaughn would love to direct a Star Wars movie.
- Watch J.J. Abrams accept a visual effects award, mention directing Star Wars.
- Mackenzie Davis was reportedly also up for the Star Wars standalone.
- Three major characters are rumored to appear in the Star Wars Rebels Season Two premiere.
- Mark Hamill did a great Don’t Talk PSA for the Alamo Drafthouse.
- Marvel’s Princess Leia comic has over 250,000 pre-orders; See a few new covers.
- John Boyega talks about Star Wars: The Force Awakens excitement.
- Female Stormtroopers are canon.
- A small update on the production status of the Star Wars standalone.
- Billy Dee Williams thinks he’ll appear in a new Star Wars movie.
- Could Han Solo appear in Star Wars Rebels?
- See a homemade Millennium Falcon drone.
- Get a glimpse of what Princess Leia’s outfit might look like in The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Toys are a necessary part of blockbuster filmmaking, but they’re also the bane of its existence. On seemingly every single major Hollywood film, it’s the toys that reveal our first look at something major. For Jurassic World it was the D-Rex; for Transformers 4 it was Grimlock; the list goes on and on. It took longer than usual but the same thing has begun to happen for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. An image has appeared online that shows Finn, Rey, BB-8, Chewbacca and a mystery character that may or may not be Kylo Ren. However, an additional piece of concept art was released that almost certainly is Ren. Find out more about The Force Awakens toy leak below. Read More »