Everything from actual on-set news and casting, to television and merchandise is in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Harrison Ford is injured on the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Lawrence Kasdan is again rumored to write Boba Fett spinoff.
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars gets a premiere date.
- Gareth Edwards talks his Star Wars spin-off, which will be shot in the UK.
- See a new image of the Hot Wheels Darth Vader Comic-Con exclusive.
- John Boyega‘s father may have a role in Episode VII.
- The Abu Dhabi Episode VII sets are likely to be preserved.
- Lego Star Wars Lightsaber Set gets 10,000 supporters.
- Buy a replica of Han Solo‘s Bespin Outfit.
- Four new Star Wars art pieces will be out Friday from Acme Archives.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Lots of cool stuff in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Lots of Episode VII, of course, but also some cool Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher quotes, new merchandise and even a George Lucas cameo. Below, read about the following.
- Paparazzi spotted an interesting trio of Star Wars Episode VII principals on the street.
- George Lucas doesn’t seem worried about the leaked set photos.
- Check out the first Star Wars Hot Wheels toy.
- Watch a full, 45 minute interview with Mark Hamill at Star Wars Weekends at Disney World.
- Billy Dee Williams confirms he has contributed to Star Wars Rebels.
- Watch a new video about the Lucas Cultural Arts Museum.
- Potential details of multiple Star Wars Episode VII sets are revealed.
- See John Boyega in the Star Wars makeup chair.
Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars bits, I round up all the latest Star Wars information including a confirmation from Mark Hamill that the bread he is sporting in the recent photos is a beard he grew for his appearance in Episode VII, a bunch of new Episode VII rumors which includes a possible female villain, we find out if James Earl Jones have an appearance or a voice appearance in the new film, the lengths JJ and crew are taking the preserve the secrecy of the production are revealed by Domhnall Gleeson and the Healer Twins, Disney Store responds to fan requests for Princess Leia merchandise, and a quick photo from screenwriter Gary Whitta who is currently busy in development on the first Star Wars spin-off film. All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Lots of big Star Wars info over the last few days: casting, set photos, but always bits, there are. Below read about the following:
- Fiction published in the Star Wars Insider Magazine in now canon.
- Star Wars Episode VII is done in Abu Dhabi, heads to London.
- For the first time, Adam Driver talks about being cast in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Read Ezra’s journal from Star Wars Rebels.
- Star Wars Rebels executive producer Dave Filoni will host a Star Wars panel at Apple’s World Wide Developer’s Conference.
- Some new Star Wars Rebels nuggets were revealed at a recent talk.
- Check out the trailer for the new book The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight.
- Watch the Stars of the Saga panel from Disney’s Star Wars Weekend with Jeremy Bulloch and Warwick Davis.
Read More »
When the first photo posted of the initial grouping of cast members for Star Wars: Episode VII, some critics quickly jumped on the film for only adding one new female role. Those who were paying any attention, however, saw that the leaked Star Wars casting breakdowns featured multiple roles for women. The trade papers did their homework, and hours later reported that two more female roles were yet to be cast. Today those actresses were announced. (You can read about that here.)
With so much negative second-guessing and uninformed ranting about a story and characters we don’t even know anything about yet, I thought I’d point out something positive.
Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII is filming and you can see the stars on set, find out about the shoot, read about rumors, buy posters and so much more in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Watch Harrison Ford talk about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Young musicians The Healer Twins filmed a small scene in Star Wars Episode VII.
- John Boyega and Daisy Ridley are filming in the Abu Dhabi desert, watch them travel to set.
- Read a story about how Episode VII ended up in Abu Dhabi.
- You can win some super limited edition Star Wars Episode VII merchandise.
- Speculate about the potential Obi-Wan granddaughter role.
- Drew Struzan addresses the rumors of him doing the Episode VII poster.
- Potential Episode VII characters have been spotted in Iceland.
- Marvel’s Star Wars comics could be coming later this year.
- See new Star Wars posters from Mark Englert and Mark Hamill’s son, Nathan Hamill.
- UCB is hosting The Star Wars Expanded Universe Funeral Celebration.
Read More »
The downside of being one of the actors recently revealed as a Star Wars Episode VII cast member is 20 months of repetition. While we’ll surely learn more about the film and each actor’s part in it leading up to the December 18, 2015 release, until then every one will be asked innumerable questions about the film. A few have already started answering, while others preemptively got the jump on the questions. Below, read the thoughts from new additions Domhnall Gleeson, Andy Serkis, John Boyega and returning actors Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew and Anthony Daniels. Read More »
By Peter Sciretta, Russ Fischer, Angie Han and Germain Lussier
The announcement of the full cast for Star Wars Episode VII sent a ripple of excitement through the movie world. Not only because the official announcement ends of months of speculation, but because this cast is excellent. The lineup Abrams has chosen for Episode VII is one we’d be excited to see in any film, so it’s a good first move for Star Wars.
While we know little about the relative newcomer Daisy Ridley, who plays the female lead, the rest of the new cast is a collection of great talent drawn from a variety of acting backgrounds: John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Max von Sydow, Adam Driver, Andy Serkis and Domhnall Gleeson.
That’s a great group of guys. The pleasure of that roster is diminished only by wondering how there can’t be any room for more than one major new female role. The classic Star Wars status quo (one woman, and a bunch of dudes) is almost a running joke at this point, and we hoped that Abrams might have broken that barrier as he cast the new film. An offset, however, is that Daisy Ridley could have a particularly important role. If she ends up being one of the true leads of the series, that would change things just a bit. And while this cast remains predominantly white, John Boyega held point position in the official announcement, giving rise to the assumption that he’s the lead. Boyega, born in London to Nigerian parents, is not the typical face of Star Wars. If he’s the lead, that’s a significant step in a new direction for the series.
Below, read up on the backgrounds of each of the new additions to the Star Wars universe, along with speculation and what actual data we have about the roles for each cast member.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: