It has been a long time since that last Star Wars Bits, but Force Friday week has resulted in a lot of front page stand alone Star Wars stories that I’m not sure that you mind. Here is what you can find in today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- JJ Abrams talks about subduing his inner fanboy to make Force Awakens.
- How John Boyega first met JJ Abrams.
- New Star Wars: The Force Awakens character promo posters revealed in the Topps’ Star Wars Card Trader app.
- A preview of Star Wars: Shattered Empire, the comic book series which will fill the gap between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens.
- Star Wars Rebels director Dave Filoni discusses season two.
- A new Star Wars Rebels season 2 clip.
- How the BB-8 Sphero robotic toy was created.
- The real Damerons go to Force Friday.
- Puppies Test The New Star Wars BB-8 Droid Toy
- Why Force Friday Was A Disaster For Many Star Wars Fans
- 80% Off Select Star Wars trade paperbacks and graphic novels this weekend.
- The header image: why aren’t the Han Solo In Carbonite Pop-Tarts a real thing?
All this and more, after the jump to hyperspace.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We’re hitting peak Star Wars with “Force Friday”, and I’m sure if you’re not excited for Star Wars: The Force Awakens you’re probably getting a bit annoyed of this site and the internet this week. So I apologize in advance, but we have another Star Wars story coming out of “Force Friday.” A new Star Wars: the Force Awakens toy gives us our first listen at what Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma sound like in the new film. Not only that, but the Force Awakens dialogue used in the toys presents some juicy questions.
Read More »
Here’s a bit of new Star Wars: The Force Awakens footage, and despite being brief in length there’s a powerful sight here. Finn, played by John Boyega, ignites his lightsaber as he stands in what appears to be the same forest in which we’ve seen Kylo Ren readying for battle. There’s a bit of additional footage in this brief preview, too; watch below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 27th, 2015 by Angie Han
The onslaught of Star Wars: The Force Awakens marketing continues today with another magazine cover and a couple of new stills. What sets this particular magazine cover apart, though, is that it focuses on the most adorable new member of the galaxy: rolling ball droid BB-8. See the BB-8 cover and new images after the jump. Read More »
For a couple years after Attack the Block we expected to see John Boyega getting great roles, but it took a bit of time. But the events of 2014, from the indie Imperial Dreams to the 24 revival and nabbing a lead role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, have given him new power. Now he’ll join Tom Hanks and Emma Watson in the The Circle, a satire about the erosion of privacy in the information age, written and directed by James Ponsoldt (The Spectacular Now, The End of the Tour). Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, August 13th, 2015 by Angie Han
The bad news for Star Wars fans is that there won’t be any new The Force Awakens footage screened at D23 this weekend. But the good news is, we do have a slew of new photos to pore over and pick apart in the meantime — plus some juicy story details to go along with them.
Among other things, the latest bast of images feature fresh looks at villains General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson), Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), and Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie); heroes Finn (John Boyega) and Rey (Daisy Ridley); and droids R2-D2 and C-3PO. Get the new Star Wars 7 photos and details after the jump.
Update: All the photos are all available in high resolution, with the exception of the Kylo Ren cover image.
Read More »
Entertainment Weekly is on a roll with Star Wars coverage from their upcoming Kylo Ren cover issue featuring Star Wars: The Force Awakens. One of the many things their coverage has touched upon is the meaning behind the names of the characters in Episode 7. How did Finn, Rey, Poe Dameron and Kylo Ren get their names? What was director JJ Abrams’ inspiration? Is there a greater meaning to the names? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
The hype around Star Wars: The Force Awakens has been more exciting than usual over the past week and a half, thanks to the Comic-Con panel that revealed an awesome new behind the scenes sizzle reel, not to mention that awesome surprise concert for the fan who were in Hall H for the presentation.
However, the Comic-Con panel also brought news that we wouldn’t be getting a new trailer for The Force Awakens until the fall, likely around the same time all the merchandise starts hitting shelves on Force Friday. So in the meantime, we’ll have to take whatever Star Wars scraps we can get, and thankfully a new promo image has arrived courtesy of John Boyega‘s official Instagram account. It’s an image that features his character Finn and a familiar hero. See the new Force Awakens promo banner image after the jump! Read More »
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next the power of Star Wars Bits. This week’s news from a galaxy far, far away includes the following:
- Details on The Battle of Jakku and more post-Return of the Jedi info
- Harrison Ford gives advice to new co-stars, uses lightsaber as a cane
- New info on Han Solo and Chewie in The Force Awakens
- BB-8 on the cover of Make magazine
- Comic-Con interviews with J.J. Abrams and cast
- George Lucas to be honored at D23
- Science Channel ILM documentary special teaser clip
- Kevin Smith got screwed by Star Wars at Comic-Con
- Production designer talks mandate for authenticity in Episode VII
- Amy Schumer‘s saucy Star Wars photoshoot for GQ
- New details on Star Wars Battlefront gameplay
- Gary Whitta on Star Wars and the Comic-Con experience
Read More »