Lots and lots of awesome in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Rumor has it one of Marvel’s first Star Wars comics will be Princess Leia.
- Star Wars Battlefront could come out alongside Star Wars Episode VII.
- If John Boyega is a Stormtrooper in Episode VII, does he appear in Star Wars Rebels?
- The final page of the Shakespeare Return of the Jedi book is an Episode VII poem.
- Listen to Simon Pegg as C-3PO.
- Many Star Wars stars have returned home to the United States for the upcoming hiatus.
- The Robot Chicken team did a Star Wars Episode VII video
- Hot Toys is officially doing Star Wars toys.
- See the two new Hot Wheels Star Wars vehicles.
- Read a very interesting Star Wars survey.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
As we’ve previously discussed, John Boyega‘s Twitter account, @jboyega, is awesome. The Attack the Block turned Star Wars Episode VII star has been tweeting daily about his excitement being part of a galaxy far, far away including cool pics and intriguing teases. Earlier this week though, the actor started some gossip when he put up a series of tweets appearing to angle for a Marvel movie. On their own, it looked like Boyega might have signed up to play Black Panther or Nova. But, in context, it was probably just a nerd geeking out. Read the John Boyega Marvel tweets below. Read More »
From the schools, to the shelves and courts of Chicago, this edition of Star Wars Bits is as eclectic as ever. Below, read about the following:
- John Boyega and Daisy Ridley‘s Star Wars Episode VII tweets get super excited.
- Has Ridley’s Episode VII character name been revealed?
- Sideshow Collectibles announces some new Star Wars figures
- Play Star Wars Rebels: Ghost Raid right now.
- Star Wars comes to schools in new Star Wars Workbooks.
- Images of a whole new line of Star Wars and Star Wars Rebels toys have been revealed.
- Read Dave Fioni‘s introduction to The Star Wars Rebels Visual Guide.
- A Clone Wars character appears in a new Star Wars book.
- The Lucas Cultural Museum might face some opposition in Chicago.
- Marvel’s original Star Wars comics are getting reprinted in a huge book.
- Watch From Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of a Saga.
Read More »
Some very intriguing, potentially revealing Star Wars Episode VII rumors have just surfaced about the plot and character. Read about those, and a bunch of other cool stuff, in this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- The Lucas Cultural Arts Museum will be built in Chicago.
- A general plot overview of Star Wars Episode VII may have been revealed.
- New rumors about John Boyega and Daisy Ridley‘s roles in Episode VII have surfaced.
- Are there a lot more roles to be cast in Episode VII?
- Watch Andy Serkis talk about the secrecy surrounding Episode VII.
- Home of Star Wars Episode VII, Pinewood Studios is set to expand.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi appears in a new teaser for Star Wars Rebels.
- Check out a cool new fan made poster for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Wil Wheaton poked fun at J.J. Abrams‘ dual allegiance to Star Trek and Star Wars.
- See an amazing Star Wars exclusive available at San Diego Comic-Con.
Note: The plot and character stuff is whited out for anyone scared of spoilers. Feel free to proceed. Read More »
There’s lots of Star Wars Episode VII rumor and speculation, along with merchandising and original trilogy memories, in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- The Episode VII Millennium Falcon dice were reportedly bought for $37 on eBay
- Daisy Ridley comments on her role in Star Wars Episode VII.
- John Boyega tweets about Star Wars character names.
- More rumored details leak about sets being built at Pinewood for Episode VII.
- Star Wars Rebels producer Dave Filoni seemingly confirms a Comic-Con appearance.
- Watch John Ratzenberger talk about his role in The Empire Strikes Back.
- Multiple new licensing partners will be making Star Wars merchandise.
- How many Lightsabers are bought per year?
Read More »
Everything from actual on-set news and casting, to television and merchandise is in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Harrison Ford is injured on the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Lawrence Kasdan is again rumored to write Boba Fett spinoff.
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars gets a premiere date.
- Gareth Edwards talks his Star Wars spin-off, which will be shot in the UK.
- See a new image of the Hot Wheels Darth Vader Comic-Con exclusive.
- John Boyega‘s father may have a role in Episode VII.
- The Abu Dhabi Episode VII sets are likely to be preserved.
- Lego Star Wars Lightsaber Set gets 10,000 supporters.
- Buy a replica of Han Solo‘s Bespin Outfit.
- Four new Star Wars art pieces will be out Friday from Acme Archives.
Read More »
Lots of cool stuff in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Lots of Episode VII, of course, but also some cool Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher quotes, new merchandise and even a George Lucas cameo. Below, read about the following.
- Paparazzi spotted an interesting trio of Star Wars Episode VII principals on the street.
- George Lucas doesn’t seem worried about the leaked set photos.
- Check out the first Star Wars Hot Wheels toy.
- Watch a full, 45 minute interview with Mark Hamill at Star Wars Weekends at Disney World.
- Billy Dee Williams confirms he has contributed to Star Wars Rebels.
- Watch a new video about the Lucas Cultural Arts Museum.
- Potential details of multiple Star Wars Episode VII sets are revealed.
- See John Boyega in the Star Wars makeup chair.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
In today’s edition of Star Wars bits, I round up all the latest Star Wars information including a confirmation from Mark Hamill that the bread he is sporting in the recent photos is a beard he grew for his appearance in Episode VII, a bunch of new Episode VII rumors which includes a possible female villain, we find out if James Earl Jones have an appearance or a voice appearance in the new film, the lengths JJ and crew are taking the preserve the secrecy of the production are revealed by Domhnall Gleeson and the Healer Twins, Disney Store responds to fan requests for Princess Leia merchandise, and a quick photo from screenwriter Gary Whitta who is currently busy in development on the first Star Wars spin-off film. All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »