A decade ago, Jimmy Smits was the President of the United States of America on The West Wing, and now he’s returning to government with a series regular role on 24: Legacy, the reboot of the original Fox action series that starred Kiefer Sutherland as Counter Terrorst Unit agent Jack Bauer. Get the details on who Smits will be playing in the 24 Legacy cast below, along with everything we know about the series so far. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, January 6th, 2016 by Angie Han
Rick Famuyiwa’s Dope had a lot going for it, but one of the very best things it did was introduce the world to Shameik Moore. The relative unknown immediately won us over with his charming, moving performance, and had us eager to find out just what he was going to do next.
As of today, we have our answer. Moore is part of the sprawling ensemble cast of Baz Luhrmann‘s new Netflix drama The Get Down, about the rise of hip-hop, punk, and disco in 1970s New York. Which, yes, sounds a lot like a certain other drama premiering on HBO next month — but the perspective couldn’t be more different, and in any case we live in an age where streaming and DVR allow us to watch as many ’70s music dramas as the industry is willing to churn out. The Get Down looks like a must-watch no matter what other shows exist out there. Watch The Get Down trailer after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 9th, 2012 by Angie Han
As we anxiously wait to hear who’ll get to helm the next Star Wars, it seems there’s at least one name we can definitively rule out. Man of Steel helmer Zack Snyder says that he, for one, doesn’t want the coveted gig. The (understandable) reason? It’s just a lot to take on.
“I don’t think I’d be interested in [directing it],” he said in an interview with the LAT. “I’m a huge Star Wars fanatic. I just think doing seven, eight, and nine is just a slippery slope. It’s a whole other mythological experiment I’m excited to see, but it’s a lot of effort.”
After the jump, Jimmy Smits might be open to returning, while Lucasfilm’s Industrial Light & Magic saves Disney a ton of money.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012 by Angie Han
Between American Horror Story and Sons of Anarchy, almost half of this post is FX teasers. After the jump:
- Syfy will reboot the Brit cult sci-fi series Blake’s 7
- Fox picks up a new comedy by the Parks & Rec team
- Dwight-centric Office spinoff The Farm begins casting
- Jessica De Gouw joins The CW’s Arrow as the Huntress
- See Breaking Bad stars on old episodes of Seinfeld
- Doctor Who gets a premiere date and a new trailer
- Watch three more trailers for FX’s Sons of Anarchy
- See more creepy teasers for American Horror Story
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 5th, 2012 by Angie Han
There’s a ton of TV news coming down the pipeline, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- The Newsroom and True Blood get premiere dates
- Fox will celebrate its 25th birthday with its biggest stars
- Elisha Cuthbert says she’s “on standby” for the 24 movie
- Is Saturday Night Live losing three of its cast members?
- The CW’s Supernatural finds a new co-showrunner
- A This American Life segment turns into an HBO drama
- Funny or Die’s Drunk History heads to Comedy Central
- Is this really the script of Breaking Bad‘s season premiere?
- Jimmy Smits turns to the dark side on FX’s Sons of Anarchy
Read More »