Filming starts on one sequel, you can help with another and much more in today’s Sequel Bits:
- Choose a scene to film, which could become part of The Empire Strikes Back Uncut.
- Scary Movie 5, starring Ashley Tisdale, starts shooting in Atlanta, GA Tuesday.
- Hayley Atwell is likely in Captain America: The Winter Solider, but won’t say for sure.
- Jim Carrey has now been confirmed for Kick-Ass 2.
- A major spoiler for the final battle of Iron Man 3 has been revealed.
- Dwayne Johnson stopped a robbery on the set of Fast and Furious 6.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Casting, rumors, hopes, desires and much more are in this huge holiday edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read about the following:
- Producer Jon Landau clarifies the possibility of Avatar 4 and offers an update on 2 and 3.
- See Chris Pine on the set of Jack Ryan with Kevin Costner and read some thoughts on the tone of Star Trek 2.
- Is the Iron Patriot going to be in Iron Man 3 after all?
- Also, Wang Xueqi joins the Shane Black directed sequel in an intriguing role.
- Screenwriter Alex Garland laid out some thoughts for a possible Dredd 3D sequel.
- Grown Ups 2 built a set for an outdoor, night time go-kart scene to film indoors and during the day.
- Director Jeff Wadlow hints that Jim Carrey has, in fact, been cast in Kick-Ass 2.
- Rick Jaffa, a writer/producer of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, confirms a big franchise staple won’t be in the sequel.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, August 20th, 2012 by Angie Han
New casting on the Jeff Wadlow-directed Kick-Ass sequel is off to a fine start with John Leguizamo, Donald Faison, Morris Chestnut, and Robert Emms in key roles, but if Universal actually manages to pull off this new deal they’re working on it’ll be the most attention-grabbing bit of news yet.
The studio is reportedly courting Jim Carrey for a “showy” supporting part in the film, which appears to be going by the title Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall. The potential hiring is not as random as it sounds — Carrey is an avowed fan of the first installment by Matthew Vaughn, and even once donned a Kick-Ass costume for a musical duet with Conan O’Brien. Read more details and check out a photo of Carrey’s Kick-Ass cosplay after the jump.
Read More »
Typically when it comes to cash-in sequels, it’s the studio that really wants to make the movie. But in the case of a sequel to Dumb and Dumber, Jim Carrey says that Warner Bros. and New Line aren’t very interested in the project, and so he has walked away from it. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 by Angie Han
Before we launch into the Andrew Garfield era of the Spider-Man movie franchise, Sony would really like it it you revisited the Tobey Maguire age one last time with its upcoming Blu-ray reissues of the Sam Raimi films. Also after the jump:
- Sony drops the first TV spot for Men in Black 3
- Blade 2‘s Blu-ray reissue will feature Guillermo Del Toro commentary
- Damon Lindelof explains why Prometheus isn’t exactly a prequel
- Dumb and Dumber 2 is happening, say the Farrelly Bros.
- James Bond will be sipping Heineken in Skyfall
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, February 16th, 2012 by Angie Han
NBC’s Community may be on hiatus, but don’t think for a second that its cast has been slacking off. Not only is production still in full swing, several of the show’s stars have been working on outside projects as well. Gillian Jacobs, for one, has just wrapped Revenge for Jolly! and has a part in this summer’s Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. She’ll next head to Burt Wonderstone, with Steve Carell and Jim Carrey.
Directed by Don Scardino (30 Rock), the comedy centers around a Las Vegas magician (Carell) who finds himself upstaged by a hipper illusionist (Carrey). He then ditches his partner and tries to rediscover his passion for magic. Jacobs is set to play a woman who hooks up with Carell’s character after meeting him at one of his shows. The film already boasts a seriously talented comedic cast, with Brad Garrett, James Gandolfini, Steve Buscemi, and Olivia Wilde on board as well, and Jacobs seems like a fantastic addition. Burt Wonderstone is currently shooting in Las Vegas for a 2013 release. [THR]
After the jump, Jacobs’ Revenge for Jolly! co-star Oscar Isaac nabs another new role.
Read More »
The 2003 film Bruce Almighty was one of Jim Carrey‘s last bona-fide hits, and also a movie that went just about as literal as possible with the idea that Morgan Freeman is God. Bruce was big enough that spinning the story off into a semi-sequel, Evan Almighty, seemed like a good idea. Evan was a flop, and a massively expensive one, at that.
Now there is a direct sequel to Bruce Almighty in development; rather than mucking around with another character, this one seeks to put Jim Carrey front and center once more. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
If it feels like far too much time has gone by since the last episode of the great Funny or Die series Drunk History, this new Christmas special is here to ease your pain. The conceit of the short is mostly the same as in past ones: someone gets really hammered and narrates a story, badly. Actors then lipsync/act out the stammering, wasted tale.
This one is a reading of ‘The Night Before Christmas,’ with Ryan Gosling, Eva Mendes, and Jim Carrey gamely playing along as the talent. Check it out below. Read More »