Everyone complains how sequel dependent Hollywood is, but there are always a few everyone wants to see. Star Wars is one, Avengers is another and, believe it or not, Bad Boys 3 is one. Michael Bay’s Bad Boys and Bad Boys II are frequent topics of conversation among film fans; many people would line up for a sequel. That long-in-developement sequel is still coming, says producer Jerry Bruckheimer, but it is the victim of unfortunate timing.
Bruckheimer also offered an update on National Treasure 3 while Disney offered an update on his potential film Pirates of the Caribbean 5. Read about all of this below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is currently in limbo, thanks to Disney CEO Bob Iger. Iger did a conference call on Tuesday and made it rain with news. He mentioned The Incredibles 2, Star Wars Episode VII, and also mentioned that, despite directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg being attached, the studio has yet to green light the long-in-development fifth film in the mega-blockbuster franchise starring Johnny Depp. Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
After failing to make it as a TV series, the long-gestating follow-up to the Beverly Hills Cop trilogy has just come full circle. Brett Ratner has signed on to direct Beverly Hills Cop IV, about five years after he was initially in talks. Jerry Bruckheimer is producing for Paramount. More details after the jump.
Read More »
Jerry Bruckheimer is going back to the studio he ruled in the Eighties. After ending a very successful development deal with Disney earlier this year, it was announced the mega-producer is driving down the hill and signing a new deal with Paramount, the studio Bruckheimer made his home in the 1980s, and where he developed such mega-hits as Flashdance, Top Gun and Beverly Hills Cop. Sequels to the latter two are among his first new priorities. Read More »
Posted on Monday, September 23rd, 2013 by Angie Han
Joss Whedon‘s Serenity finally gets a sequel, but it’s not a movie. Also after the jump:
- Atlas Shrugged: Part III turns to Kickstarter
- Independence Day might not become a trilogy
- Top Gun 2 is still happening, says Jerry Bruckheimer
- Goon 2 could shoot next year, with some luck
- Weep over this sad moment from Fast & Furious 7
- Meanwhile, Vin Diesel has a video message for fans
Read More »
Update: Variety has since confirmed that Disney and producer Jerry Bruckheimer “will not seek to renew a first-look deal when it expires next year.” Original story from September 17th 2013 follows.
Jerry Bruckheimer has been in the news a lot recently. The mega-producer was forced to delay the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and might head to Paramount once again to work on the Beverly Hills Cop franchise. Those two pieces of news act as a skeleton for a new article that suggests Bruckeheimer’s long-standing relationship with Disney (which not only includes Disney films, but innumerable films released under the Touchstone banner) could be coming to an end. He’s scheduled to meet with Disney studio head Alan Horn soon to discuss new terms of their current relationship.
How could a studio potentially lose a producer as powerful and profitable as Bruckheimer? One answer could be the success of deals with Marvel and Lucasfilm. Read More »
People under the age of 25 might be too young to remember what the names “Simpson/Bruckheimer” meant when appearing in front of a movie. With films like Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop, Days of Thunder, Bad Boys, The Rock, odds were if Jerry Bruckheimer and the late Don Simpson produced a movie in the Eighties or Nineties, it was awesome. After Simpson’s passing in 1996, Bruckheimer did his best to carry on the legacy. In recent years, he has faltered.
With one of Bruckheimer’s biggest films now delayed, the producer is turning his attention back to another franchise he helped create. Variety reports despite not having anything to do with Beverly Hills Cop III or the failed TV pilot, Bruckheimer is in talks to produce Beverly Hills Cop IV. He’s also still working on Top Gun 2 and developing Bad Boys 3, among other things. Read More »
Though 2010′s Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides was a billion dollar global blockbuster, critics hated it. It sits at a rotten 33% on Rotten Tomatoes. Might the producers think “if the movie was adored, maybe we could have made more”? That possibility was certainly part of Tuesday’s news that Pirates of the Caribbean 5, originally scheduled for a July 2015 release date, has been delayed. Disney executives said the film “isn’t there yet” scriptwise, and the delay will allow producer Jerry Bruckerheimer, screenwriter Jeff Nathanson, and directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg to fine tune the script into a film that is critically and financially successful.
That much we know. What we don’t know is what the film is about and what the specific issues are. One site has gotten their hands one the first plot details for the film, rumored to be called Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, and they illuminate both that title as well as some potential issues. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: