Posted on Wednesday, September 30th, 2015 by Peter Sciretta
Disney held an event at Hero Complex Gallery in Los Angeles on Tuesday night to celebrate the home video release of Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron (which hits stores and VOD on October 2nd 2015). They unveiled a new Tyler Stout print for the film, and Marvel head Kevin Feige and Avengers producer Jeremy Latchem were on hand for an extensive 26 minute question and answer session.
As with most of these Question and Answer sessions, the queries thrown at Feige began at the Avengers sequel but quickly diverted to the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, including Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, The Avengers: Infinity War and Jon Watts’ Spider-Man reboot. Its so much that we’re going to divide this into two posts. This first post will focus on how Marvel plotted the Infinity stones in phase one and two and the upcoming phase three leading to The Avengers: Infinity War. Here is what is answered:
- When will we see the final two Infinity Stones?
- When did they know that they would start introducing the Infinity Gems?
- Was making the Tesseract an Infinity Stone planned after the fact?
- Will Avengers: Infinity War be an end of the story told thus far?
- Has the entire story leading to the conclusion in The Avengers: Infinity War Part II been planned out already?
- Were the Avengers: Age of Ultron visions a prediction of the future that could come in Infinity War?
After the jump you can check out the Tyler Stout Avengers Age of Ultron poster that premiered at the event. You can also watch the entire question and answer session captured on video. I believe I was the only one in attendance who was recording video, so while you might read some choice quotes elsewhere — this is a bit of an exclusive.