Star Wars made, well, stars out of actors like Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher. But they’re only a few of the actors who populated the film. A couple others, such as Alec Guinness, had been stars for decades. Others, many of whom were part of the film’s masked cast, saw their characters rocket to incredible popularity as the actors themselves remained relatively anonymous. Most everyone could identify Darth Vader and Boba Fett in a second. But how many people could pick David Prowse or Jeremy Bulloch out of a lineup?
Elstree 1976 is a film dedicated to conversations with people such as Prowse and Bulloch. It gets in touch with some of the actors who made Star Wars what it was, but who are mostly invisible to the public at large. Some of the actors are just a step up from being extras, while others are featured players whose faces were hidden behind the masks that captured the imaginations of generations of viewers. Check out a trailer below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
There’s a galaxy of Star Wars news out there, so let’s dive into today’s Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- The Star Wars film canon is limited to the films.
- Boba Fett actor Jeremy Bulloch jokes about Star Wars Episode VII return.
- Behind the Scenes stage hosts for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim revealed.
- A secret, high level Star Wars meeting might be taking place this week.
- Watch a full panel about writing for the Star Wars expanded universe.
- Four new kids books will bridge the gap to Episode VII.
- Are the Star Wars films coming to 3D Blu-ray?
- William Friedken talks about Star Wars legacy and turning down the film.
- Actor Anthony Ingruber hints he’s in Episode VII.
- Super 7 will release limited edition Star Wars screen printed posters.
Read More »
Star Wars Celebration Europe is underway in Germany, and the eyes of Star Wars fans across the globe will be on their Twitter feeds to see if the first convention after the big announcement of new films yields any major news. The head of Lucasfilm, Kathleen Kennedy, will make her first Celebration appearance and she’s bringing along many of the original trilogy’s major stars. In fact, so many of the Star Wars stars are on hand, they took a fantastic photo to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi. Read More »
Another day, another edition of Star Wars Bits. This week’s biggest news, so far, is the rumor that not only is Harrison Ford returning for Star Wars Episode VII, but that Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill will too. Plus some combination of their kids (hopefully not Mark and Carrie’s) may be the protagonists of the film. Of course, this is about as good an educated guess as one could make considering all the facts, but now it comes from an actual source.
After the jump, read more about that as well as the following:
- The original Boba Fett, Jeremy Bulloch, is excited and willing to return in a Boba Fett spin-off or Episode VII.
- Check out footage from a cancelled Star Wars fighting video game.
- Director Bryan Singer thinks Nicholas Hoult would be a great young Han Solo.
- A new web series called Death Star PR has just launched.
- Olivia Munn reveals what she’d do to be in a Star Wars movie.
- Lego will soon release their most realistic looking X-Wing Fighter to date.
- A new photo of Carrie Fisher as Leia in the Return of the Jedi “slave” costume has surfaced.
Read More »