Posted on Thursday, May 30th, 2013 by Angie Han
Between the final seasons of Dexter and Breaking Bad and the premiere of CBS’ Under the Dome, this summer is shaping up to be an exciting one for TV viewers. After the jump:
- George R.R. Martin teases new characters for Game of Thrones Season 4
- Melissa Leo boards M. Night Shyamalan‘s Wayward Pines
- Tracy Morgan and Jenna Elfman find new jobs
- Amazon makes some decisions about its new series
- Comedy Central renews Inside Amy Schumer
- Neil Patrick Harris will host the Emmys again
- Vince Gilligan chats about the potential Saul Goodman spinoff
- See new pics from CBS’ Stephen King thriller Under the Dome
- Meet Dr. Evelyn Vogel in the new Dexter promo
Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 28th, 2011 by Angie Han
There’s some bad and some good in today’s TV Bits, but I’d say there’s more of the latter — more Shameless, more Homeland, more Jennifer Coolidge, and Olga Kurylenko in late ’50s Miami all count as pluses, right? After the jump:
- Showtime’s Shameless get a Season 2 trailer — and invites fans to play Truth or Dare with one of the characters
- Starz debuts a trailer for Magic City, starring Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Olga Kurylenko, and Danny Huston
- CBS gives full season orders to Unforgettable and Person of Interest
- Showtime renews freshman series Homeland
- Jennifer Coolidge signs on for CBS’ 2 Broke Girls
- Jenna Elfman boards the fifth season of DirecTV’s Damages
- Starz’ Boss loses its two showrunners
- ABC’s Pan Am gets a new showrunner
Read More »
Justin Timberlake is really making a play at a dedicated acting career, lack of award recognition for his work in The Social Network be damned. He was great in that film, carrying forward the good work he’d done in Alpha Dog, Black Snake Moan, and, yeah, Southland Tales. He’s currently shooting Now for director Andrew Niccol, but before that hits we’ll see Timberlake in two comedies that are already in the can: Friends With Benefits and Bad Teacher. Read More »
Yesterday we posted the movie trailer for Ghostbusters/Meatballs director Ivan Reitman‘s new comedy No Strings Attached starring Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman. The film actually started out with another title, Fuckbuddies. Of course, Paramount didn’t want to face the problems associated with releasing a movie under that title, so they changed it to Friends With Benefits, which eventually got changed into the truly horrible title No Strings Attached (at least they didn’t go with “No Strings”, the abbreviated title they were testing).
The reason they moved on from Friends With Benefits is that another film had already staked claim to the title Friends With Benefits, an R-Rated romantic comedy starring Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis featuring a very similar premise. Today, Screen Gems has released an uncensored red band movie trailer for their film. Written and directed by Easy A helmer/writer Will Gluck , the film tells the story of the relationship between two friends, which “gets complicated when they decide to get romantic.” The film co-stars Emma Stone, Woody Harrelson, Jenna Elfman, Patricia Clarkson, Richard Jenkins, and Andy Samberg.
This film seems like the more edgy version of No Strings Attached, but in the tradition of romantic comedies, just a generic. Watch the trailer now embedded after the jump. Please leave your thoughts in the comments below.
Read More »
Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Anna Kendrick, Milo Ventimiglia and a few other actors were photographed leaving the Saddle Ranch in West Hollywood’s Sunset Strip on Tuesday morning. The restaurant is famous for its karaoke, crazy parties and a mechanical bull. Some gossip sites were quick to report that it was a four-hour Scientology event, since a good selection of the actors involved are Scientologists. But it was later confirmed to be a table read for a movie called Paper Wings, which is being developed at Smith’s company Overbrook Entertainment.
Read More »