Jeff Wadlow‘s superhero sequel, Kick-Ass 2, is one of the many sequels being released in 2013 people are forgetting about. When he’s put up against Superman, Iron Man and Thor, it makes sense though. Kick-Ass is just a guy with no powers and the will to stop crime. The little superhero that starred in Matthew Vaughn’s 2010 film returns this year with most of the surviving cast returning (Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloe Grace-Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse) along with several new characters, played by the likes of Donald Faison, John Leguizamo and Jim Carrey.
The latter, once the biggest comedy star on the planet, shows up in the first official image from the film. Check it out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, October 16th, 2012 by Angie Han
With shooting on Kick-Ass 2 well underway, Universal has released an official synopsis for the Jeff Wadlow-directed adaptation of Mark Millar and John Romita Jr.‘s comics. Those who’ve been following our updates on the project won’t be surprised to see that it seems to follow the “bigger is better” rule of sequels — not that we’re complaining when the new cast members include John Leguizamo and Jim Carrey. Hit the jump to get the details.
Read More »
When Jeff Wadlow cast Jim Carrey in Kick-Ass 2, the movie went from geek anticipated property to mainstream legitimate. Carrey plays Colonel Stars (above), one of the many, many superheroes inspired by the actions of Kick-Ass (Aaron Johnson) and Hit-Girl (Chloe Moretz) in Matthew Vaughn’s first film. He’s the leader of Justice Forever, a superhero supergroup that Kick-Ass joins when Hit-Girl retires from the game. It’s a pivotal role in the film and Carrey’s interpretation of the major ass-kicker should be a sight to behold.
Kick-Ass 2 is currently filming aimed at a June 28, 2013 release and images of Carrey on set have leaked onto the internet. Check them out below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 5th, 2012 by Angie Han
Get a nice long look at some behind-the-scenes goings-on in today’s Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Kung Fu Panda‘s John Stevenson will direct Sherlock Gnomes
- Is this our first look at the Hobbit trilogy’s Bolg the Goblin-king?
- See pics of Mother Russia and Hit-Girl’s bike from the Kick-Ass 2 set
- Check out more photos from Thor: The Dark World‘s Bourne Wood set
Read More »
Casting, rumors, hopes, desires and much more are in this huge holiday edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read about the following:
- Producer Jon Landau clarifies the possibility of Avatar 4 and offers an update on 2 and 3.
- See Chris Pine on the set of Jack Ryan with Kevin Costner and read some thoughts on the tone of Star Trek 2.
- Is the Iron Patriot going to be in Iron Man 3 after all?
- Also, Wang Xueqi joins the Shane Black directed sequel in an intriguing role.
- Screenwriter Alex Garland laid out some thoughts for a possible Dredd 3D sequel.
- Grown Ups 2 built a set for an outdoor, night time go-kart scene to film indoors and during the day.
- Director Jeff Wadlow hints that Jim Carrey has, in fact, been cast in Kick-Ass 2.
- Rick Jaffa, a writer/producer of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, confirms a big franchise staple won’t be in the sequel.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
To the delight of fans everywhere, Kick-Ass 2 is well into pre-production, with filming scheduled to start September 10. Jeff Wadlow is directing the sequel to the 2010 cult-hit with Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse all reprising their roles. Newcomers include John Leguizamo, Donald Faison, Morris Chestnut and Robert Emms. Jim Carrey was rumored for a cameo, but that’s still up in the air.
The latest addition is Lindy Booth, who worked with Wadlow on his film Cry_Wolf. She’s in talks to play Night Bitch, one of the new superheros, minus the super, inspired by Kick-Ass who forms an Avengers-type group called Justice Forever. Read more after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Monday, August 20th, 2012 by Angie Han
New casting on the Jeff Wadlow-directed Kick-Ass sequel is off to a fine start with John Leguizamo, Donald Faison, Morris Chestnut, and Robert Emms in key roles, but if Universal actually manages to pull off this new deal they’re working on it’ll be the most attention-grabbing bit of news yet.
The studio is reportedly courting Jim Carrey for a “showy” supporting part in the film, which appears to be going by the title Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall. The potential hiring is not as random as it sounds — Carrey is an avowed fan of the first installment by Matthew Vaughn, and even once donned a Kick-Ass costume for a musical duet with Conan O’Brien. Read more details and check out a photo of Carrey’s Kick-Ass cosplay after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 by Angie Han
Whereas the first movie concentrated on a small group of costumed vigilantes, Kick-Ass 2 widens the scope to bring in new allies for both the heroes and the villains. The latest additions to the good guy side are Morris Chestnut (Boyz n the Hood), who’ll be helping out Chloë Moretz‘s Hit-Girl, and Robert Emms (War Horse), who’ll join forces with Kick-Ass (Aaron Johnson).
As for when we’ll actually get to see Chestnut, Emms, and everyone else engaged in battle, Universal’s just set a summer 2012 release. That puts the sequel just over two years after the original, which isn’t a bad pace considering Kick-Ass 2 looked unlikely to happen at all until a few months ago. More details after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, June 25th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits is bursting with plot details — for Kick-Ass 2, Cloudy 2, and Curse of Chucky. There’s even a tidbit of info about what we might or might not see in Beetlejuice 2. After the jump:
- Kick-Ass 2‘s plot involves mean girls and identity crises
- Set videos reveal A Good Day to Die Hard footage
- Child’s Play 6, a.k.a Curse of Chucky, headed straight to DVD
- Seth Grahame-Smith plans to use Beetlejuice sparingly
- Kristen Schaal joins Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers
Read More »