Three Universal Pictures comic book adaptations are getting shifted around the release schedule.
- R.I.P.D. will still be released on July 19, but now it’s officially in 3D.
- Kick-Ass 2 moves back from June 28 to August 16
- 2 Guns moves up from August 16 to August 2.
Read the latest plot descriptions for each below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, January 28th, 2013 by Angie Han
Over a decade after it kicked into gear with X-Men and Spider-Man, the superhero movie trend shows no signs of flagging. Costumed heroes will keep going strong in 2013 with several more high-profile releases, including Man of Steel, Kick-Ass 2, The Wolverine, and Thor: The Dark World. While we’ve haven’t seen trailers for most of them so far (Man of Steel excepted) the latest issue of Empire Magazine offers a little taste of each movie with some new images.
Check them out after the jump.
Read More »
Jeff Wadlow‘s superhero sequel, Kick-Ass 2, is one of the many sequels being released in 2013 people are forgetting about. When he’s put up against Superman, Iron Man and Thor, it makes sense though. Kick-Ass is just a guy with no powers and the will to stop crime. The little superhero that starred in Matthew Vaughn’s 2010 film returns this year with most of the surviving cast returning (Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloe Grace-Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse) along with several new characters, played by the likes of Donald Faison, John Leguizamo and Jim Carrey.
The latter, once the biggest comedy star on the planet, shows up in the first official image from the film. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, October 16th, 2012 by Angie Han
With shooting on Kick-Ass 2 well underway, Universal has released an official synopsis for the Jeff Wadlow-directed adaptation of Mark Millar and John Romita Jr.‘s comics. Those who’ve been following our updates on the project won’t be surprised to see that it seems to follow the “bigger is better” rule of sequels — not that we’re complaining when the new cast members include John Leguizamo and Jim Carrey. Hit the jump to get the details.
Read More »
When Jeff Wadlow cast Jim Carrey in Kick-Ass 2, the movie went from geek anticipated property to mainstream legitimate. Carrey plays Colonel Stars (above), one of the many, many superheroes inspired by the actions of Kick-Ass (Aaron Johnson) and Hit-Girl (Chloe Moretz) in Matthew Vaughn’s first film. He’s the leader of Justice Forever, a superhero supergroup that Kick-Ass joins when Hit-Girl retires from the game. It’s a pivotal role in the film and Carrey’s interpretation of the major ass-kicker should be a sight to behold.
Kick-Ass 2 is currently filming aimed at a June 28, 2013 release and images of Carrey on set have leaked onto the internet. Check them out below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 5th, 2012 by Angie Han
Get a nice long look at some behind-the-scenes goings-on in today’s Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- Kung Fu Panda‘s John Stevenson will direct Sherlock Gnomes
- Is this our first look at the Hobbit trilogy’s Bolg the Goblin-king?
- See pics of Mother Russia and Hit-Girl’s bike from the Kick-Ass 2 set
- Check out more photos from Thor: The Dark World‘s Bourne Wood set
Read More »
Casting, rumors, hopes, desires and much more are in this huge holiday edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read about the following:
- Producer Jon Landau clarifies the possibility of Avatar 4 and offers an update on 2 and 3.
- See Chris Pine on the set of Jack Ryan with Kevin Costner and read some thoughts on the tone of Star Trek 2.
- Is the Iron Patriot going to be in Iron Man 3 after all?
- Also, Wang Xueqi joins the Shane Black directed sequel in an intriguing role.
- Screenwriter Alex Garland laid out some thoughts for a possible Dredd 3D sequel.
- Grown Ups 2 built a set for an outdoor, night time go-kart scene to film indoors and during the day.
- Director Jeff Wadlow hints that Jim Carrey has, in fact, been cast in Kick-Ass 2.
- Rick Jaffa, a writer/producer of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, confirms a big franchise staple won’t be in the sequel.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
To the delight of fans everywhere, Kick-Ass 2 is well into pre-production, with filming scheduled to start September 10. Jeff Wadlow is directing the sequel to the 2010 cult-hit with Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse all reprising their roles. Newcomers include John Leguizamo, Donald Faison, Morris Chestnut and Robert Emms. Jim Carrey was rumored for a cameo, but that’s still up in the air.
The latest addition is Lindy Booth, who worked with Wadlow on his film Cry_Wolf. She’s in talks to play Night Bitch, one of the new superheros, minus the super, inspired by Kick-Ass who forms an Avengers-type group called Justice Forever. Read more after the jump. Read More »