Sorry Kirsten Dunst, you’re the latest to be replaced in Sony/Columbia’s Spider-Man series. With Marc Webb confirmed to return as director for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, the studio is moving forward with casting for the film, and there are a couple big reveals today.
One is that Electro is rumored as “one of the villains” under consideration for the sequel. The other is that Mary Jane Watson, played by Dunst in Sam Raimi’s films, is definitely going to appear. And Shailene Woodley (The Descendants) is the likely choice to play her. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, January 9th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV Bits is a severely mixed bag, as we get updates on two returning shows and a few other shows that are dead or close to it. After the jump:
- NBC confirms that Community will be back in the spring
- AMC sets a return date for Mad Men
- Showtime releases the season premieres of Shameless and Californication online
- Fox cancels Allen Gregory, begins developing new late-night animated block
- Fox’s Fringe seems likely to get cancelled
- Fox decides against Glee spin-off, but devises a plan to keep its biggest stars on the show.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
With their now expected levels of secrecy and sneakiness, it seems that JJ Abrams and Bad Robot are already deep into bringing a mysterious movie called 500 Rads to the screen. At least that’s if it will be called 500 Rads and this isn’t just some kind of hazy-fantazy codename.
The leaked information so far pegs the film at a sweet little $25 million budget and alleges that production will take place in Europe. The story was apparently formulated by Abrams who handed it off to Jeff Pinkner to write the screenplay, and now it seems that some other scribes from the Bad Robot mafia will be taking a pass too while Pinker gets busy at the Fringe again.
Read More »