Posted on Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 by Angie Han
A few sequel-related odds and ends for the afternoon. After the jump:
- David Paymer lands a role as a diplomat in Jack Ryan
- Katt Williams is the latest to sign up for Scary Movie 5
- Sam Mendes probably won’t direct more Bond movies
- Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning goes red-band
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
It should surprise no one that a remake of the 1988 action film Bloodsport has been in the works for some time. The original is well-known for launching Jean Claude Van Damme into action superstardom. It follows his character, Frank Dux, as he infiltrates a deadly martial arts competition, and eventually fulfills his destiny by besting all competitors. Bloodsport was a perfect title for an awesome movie, and a while back writer Robert Mark Kamen (Taken 2) was hired to write a new version with Philip Noyce (Salt) set to direct. The idea wasn’t novel or exciting, but it fit Hollywood’s current way of thinking.
With Taken 2 now at the top of the box office, Kamen has been discussing that film and got asked about the Bloodsport remake. He didn’t offer any significant update but did say he doesn’t feel Van Damme would appear because he doesn’t fit. The reason why will surprise you. Read the quote, and Van Damme’s thoughts, after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
My favorite Sequel Bits are the ones with a little something for everyone, like this one. After the jump:
- Lindsay Lohan tries to get out of Scary Movie 5
- Looks like Adele will be singing the Skyfall theme
- Human Centipede 3 will have a 500-person chain
- Lydia Hearst boards Cabin Fever: Patient Zero
- Breaking Dawn Part 2 tickets to go on sale in October
- See the Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning trailer
- Maggie Grace goes on the run in a new Taken 2 clip
- Paul W.S. Anderson would do a sixth Resident Evil
Read More »
The summer of 2012 — a summer that turned out to be rather a mixed bag, as so many hotly-anticipated movie seasons tend to — ends with a bang, or at least an explosion. The Expendables 2 is the Simon West-directed sequel to the Sylvester Stallone film that crammed together a whole bunch of aging action stars in one film.
For the sequel the roster has expanded, with Chuck Norris showing up, Jean-Claude Van Damme as the bad guy (and getting some of the best notes in reviews so far) and expanded roles for Bruce Willis and the post-political Arnold Schwarzenegger. Some of the action looks great, much of the script looks silly, and the guys are all ripped and grimacing, for most of the time, at least.
So how did The Expendables 2 turn out? Germain enjoyed it, with his review highlighting both the silliness and the fact that the film, unlike the first one, does most of what it promises. We’d like to know what you think, too. So sound off after the break, where spoiler comments are encouraged. Read More »
Everyone’s talking sequels today. Well, not just sequels, but also prequels and relatively unlikely revivals. After the break,
- Heather Graham is returning for the third Hangover,
- Christopher Mintz-Plass talks Kick-Ass 2,
- a new Amityville Horror prequel is in the works,
- and Jean-Claude Van Damme has written Double Impact 2.
Read More »
Remakes have become so common that barely a day goes by without updates on projects that seek to revitalize or reuse proven or existing stories. Today the list of remake news involves a couple of ’80s action mainstays talking about new versions of their old fims, and a couple other odds and ends.
- Kevin Eastman discusses the delay for Ninja Turtles,
- Jean-Claude Van Damme wants to be in the Bloodsport remake.
- Dolph Lundgren shrugs and says “sure,” when asked about the new Masters of the Universe movie,
- and we’ve got concept art from the recent Total Recall.
Read More »
We’ve seen two teaser trailers for Simon West’s sequel to The Expendables — well, one teaser, and one trailer for this trailer. But now we’ve got an actual trailer, with actual footage showing some of what happens when you put Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Liam Hemsworth, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger in the same movie.
I don’t think there’s anything else I can say here; see the trailer below. (Header image is, sadly, not from the trailer. Consider it a bonus.) Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Here’s a pretty rote teaser trailer for Affliction: The Motion Picture… er, The Expendables 2, which puts Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham back at the forefront of an action extravaganza that also stars Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews, Randy Couture, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Liam Hemsworth, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Check it out below if you want to see all those faces for a second or two each. Read More »