What if Christopher Nolan cast Jay Leno as Batman instead of Christian Bale? Thankfully we’ll never see what that would look like — but for the latest episode of Jay Leno’s Garage webseries, Leno takes Batman’s Tumbler for a spin through Burbank California. We get to learn what exactly went into creating this custom vehicle and what kind of car technology is underneath all those black panels. How fast can the Tumbler go? Find out in the the episode, now embedded after the jump.
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, August 9th, 2013 by Russ Fischer
Briefly: We don’t cover much late-night TV, but The Tonight Show is an institution and a changing of the guard at the show is a big deal. Negotiations have been taking place for quite some time to end Jay Leno‘s run as host of the show, with Jimmy Fallon taking his place.
Now we know that Leno’s last night as host will be February 6 2014 — that’s the night before NBC begins coverage of the Winter Olympics. Fallon’s debut as Tonight Show host will broadcast after that Olympic coverage ends. Since the last day of the Olympics is February 23, we’ll likely see Fallon as host by the end of that month. And so end’s Leno’s tenure as perhaps the friendliest, safest voice in late-night TV. He’s also one of the most popular, as Variety notes, holding the top ratings position in his time slot for the second quarter in 2013. That makes the changeover — the second time Leno has lost the chair, after a weird and short-lived swap with Conan O’Brien in 2009 — a bit unusual.
Posted on Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013 by Angie Han
Here we go again. NBC has officially announced that Jimmy Fallon will replace Jay Leno as the host of The Tonight Show, as has been rumored for months. The only surprise, if you can even call it that, is when the changeover will take place — spring 2014, instead of summer or fall 2014 as previously believed. The transition will also mark The Tonight Show‘s move back to New York City, forty years after Johnny Carson took it to Burbank, California.
TV Bits: ‘Game of Thrones’, ‘Mad Men’, ‘Breaking Bad’, ‘Homeland’, ‘Hannibal’, ‘Cougar Town’, Louis CK, Eli Roth
Posted on Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s gonna be a great spring for TV lovers, with the returns of Game of Thrones and Mad Men just around the corner and Louis CK‘s new standup special waiting in the wings. Watch trailers for all three after the jump. Also:
- Damian Lewis talks Carrie and Brody’s future
- Look for cameos and references in Hannibal
- Seth Green also joins Seth MacFarlane‘s pilot
- Will Seth Meyers replace Jimmy Fallon?
- Cougar Town gets renewed for a fifth season
- TNT sets a return date for Falling Skies
- Mattel is working on UNO: The Game Show
- Bryan Cranston‘s Breaking Bad script gets stolen
- See new images from Eli Roth‘s Hemlock Grove
- Watch the first 14 minutes of TNT’s Defiance
Let’s just dive right in. After the jump:
- Enlightened gets canned, CSI gets renewed
- A Once Upon a Time spinoff is in the works
- Fox is developing an O.J. Simpson series
- Is Jimmy Fallon replacing Jay Leno?
- Adam Green‘s Holliston sets a return date
- American Horror Story gets a subtitle
- Sam Raimi will direct the Fox pilot Rake
- Adam Scott could’ve been Jim Halpert
- David Brent returns in The Office Revisited
- Game of Thrones gets a new promo and a GRRM cameo
- Hemlock Grove and Hannibal get twisted new trailers
- HBO reveals a teaser for Phillip Noyce‘s Mary and Martha
It’s been a few days since our last TV Bits (sorry!), so we have a ton of stuff to catch up on. After the jump:
- Alexis Bledel, Kyle McLachlan, Hope Davis, and more get pilots
- Downton Abbey loses one character but gains six more
- Jeffrey Wright will be a series regular on Boardwalk Empire
- A bunch of Fox shows including The Following get early renewals
- The Zero Hour has gets cancelled by ABC after just three episodes
- Will Jimmy Fallon take over for Jay Leno on The Tonight Show?
- The X-Files finally gets a tenth season… as a comic book
- Steven Soderbergh‘s Behind the Candelabra gets EW cover
- Hannibal and Mad Men offer up not very revealing teasers
- See character posters and an extended trailer for Game of Thrones
- Peek behind the scenes of Breaking Bad‘s final season
TV Bits: The Tonight Show, Hatfields and McCoys, Homeland, Dexter, Zorro, Smash, Justified, Glee, House of Lies
Posted on Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 by Germain Lussier
Casting, spoilers and some first looks abound in this edition of TV Bits. After the jump check out the following:
- Is Jimmy Fallon the lead contender to replace Jay Leno on The Tonight Show?
- Some potential spoilers for Homeland season 3 have been teased.
- Star of The OC Adam Brody joins the cast of House of Lies.
- History is developing a Hatfields and McCoys reality show.
- When do your favorite Fox shows like Glee, The Mindy Project and New Girl return?
- NBC orders new episodes of Whitney.
- The classic tale of Zorro is getting a modern reimagining on USA called Z.
- The stars of Dexter tease some possibly season 8 scenarios.
- A first look at the second season stars of Smash.
- Bernard from Lost, Sam Anderson, joins the next season of Justified.
On Tuesday Night’s edition of the Tonight Show, Jay Leno had Nicolas Cage compete against Adam West (the original Batman from the 1960′s television show) in a Batman trivia contest. For those of you who don’t know, Cage channeled West for his Big Daddy performance in Kick-Ass and is a huge comic book geek. So who won? Watch the video, embedded after the jump.